$4G's what should i do to make a faster N/A

bonds94

Established Member
i have a 99cobra and well i have a total of $4G's that i have been saving up specificly for my cobra and what do you think i should do inorder to make my car faster but i want to keep it N/A and no giggle juice ? (the car is completely stock)

(i already know about a solid rear, so that info is not needed thanks)

any help is appreciated :rockon:

Last edited:

Stallion9769

Need to Mod
Established Member
You can do alot of nice things with 4 grand. I would do full exhaust, intake, pulleys, gears and full suspension. You would probably have alot left over for a few appearance mods.

bonds94

Established Member
well i think i am happy so far with the appearance i have a 00cobra-r hood and saleen side scoops, the only thing on the cosmetic side is probably a set of louvers
lilbrostangs2.gif

Last edited:

Cobraboy325

Established Member
Do a full suspension, gears, full exhaust, and a jlt(the best cai). maybe a tune would be a good idea too. Keep your IRS and spend the money on suspension mods. Also check out all the different stickys in here TONS on info
Cobraboy

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Full exhaust, cai, gears, alum. driveshaft, rims/tires, then spend the rest on suspension mods. The rims/tires are what are going to drain most of your money.

Sweet car and good luck with the mod'ing

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
gears and lower that puppy for sure.
good power adders for our cars are
mid pipes, cold air intake(JLT for sure) and cams. and porting
J

chuckstang

Established Member
bonds94 said:
well i think i am happy so far with the appearance i have a 00cobra-r hood and saleen side scoops, the only thing on the cosmetic side is probably a set of louvers
lilbrostangs2.gif
Nice, could I see any more pix??????????

bonds94

Established Member
thanks to everybody,I will possibly go with a solid rear end. I will try to have more pics later.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
bonds94 said:
thanks to everybody,I will possibly go with a solid rear end. I will try to have more pics later.

If you do that and want to stay n/a, get 4.56's. IMO, they are the perfect gear for n/a Cobra's. You could probably make a little bit by selling the IRS.

With the rest of the money, I would do exhaust and full suspension (tubular k-member, a-arms, coilovers, lca's and uca's, subframe connectors, etc) and possibly some other weight reduction like seats or something.

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
If you do that and want to stay n/a, get 4.56's. IMO, they are the perfect gear for n/a Cobra's. You could probably make a little bit by selling the IRS.

With the rest of the money, I would do exhaust and full suspension (tubular k-member, a-arms, coilovers, lca's and uca's, subframe connectors, etc) and possibly some other weight reduction like seats or something.

What he said!!!

All of these things are exactly what I have on my car.

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
Yea drop that 4x4,baby!!!! Yea I agree solid rear,4.56's,full exhuast,pullies,ported intake,cold air kit,timing adjuster,new maf with tune,and maybe some side skirts.

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
I would not get the timing adjuster if you are going to get a tune b/c you can adjust the timing with the tune. no need for a maf until your putting out crazy hp.

bonds94 said:
i have a 99cobra and well i have a total of $4G's that i have been saving up specificly for my cobra and what do you think i should do inorder to make my car faster but i want to keep it N/A and no giggle juice ? (the car is completely stock)

(i already know about a solid rear, so that info is not needed thanks)

any help is appreciated :rockon:

Full Bassani exhaust, 4.56 gears, ported lower intake & JLT = pretty fast 01

chuckstang

Established Member
when you all say forge your internals...i know what you are referring to but how exactly would you go about doing that? remove entire motor and send it out...to who? or let your car sit at a local performance shop??? i would think it takes a special engine shop to do it right? i just wouldnt know where to begin lol

Users who are viewing this thread