350Z Twin Turbo VS Me

Almo

Established Member
Originally posted by porshh951
sorry gonna have to disagree with you there. I have seen two kits dyno'd locally and both of them were 400+

first one was 430rwhp @8psi
second was a much better kit 465rwhp @ 9.5psi

I go off of what I see....not what people tell me. If there are twin turbo kit's only hitting 350rwhp then that is at low boost(4psi) either that of they have serious...........serious tunning issues to work out. I have found with turbocharged car's tunning is everything and then some....so it's very possible to have a great kit just installed and tunning poorly hitting low number's. Just because you got the good part's doesn't nessarly mean you are going to be getting the good number's.

make sense?:rockon:

FYI for yourself, this is what Greddy's site is listing.

Standard Boost 5.6 psi
Compressor TD05H 18G (2)
Power 334.2 whp
Torque 339.2

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Originally posted by porshh951
sorry gonna have to disagree with you there. I have seen two kits dyno'd locally and both of them were 400+

first one was 430rwhp @8psi
second was a much better kit 465rwhp @ 9.5psi

I go off of what I see....not what people tell me. If there are twin turbo kit's only hitting 350rwhp then that is at low boost(4psi) either that of they have serious...........serious tunning issues to work out. I have found with turbocharged car's tunning is everything and then some....so it's very possible to have a great kit just installed and tunning poorly hitting low number's. Just because you got the good part's doesn't nessarly mean you are going to be getting the good number's.

make sense?:rockon:

I must have missed this thread before.

Hard to believe with the displacment that 2.4 PSI more would yield you 100 HP. :shrug:

That is suggesting that 1.2 PSI would bring 50HP. Where's that flag at? For sure impressive if that's the case but few people I know are 350-360 at 8lbs.

Is that crank numbers you are stating?

Cheers.

Last edited:

phunk

Established Member
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but I wanted to post from experience.

I own a 350Z with twin turbos with a stock longblock. With the greddy TT, exhaust, test pipes, and a custom fuel system I made the car is pushing a healthy 435rwhp and 399lb ft at 7.5psi of boost. Its reliability has been outstanding to date with over 7000 miles of hardcore abuse.

I know what your Cobras do, cause I own a dyno and run them, and I also have recently made some friends with some... and the Cobras make insane power and I have the utmost respect for them... they are one of my favorite cars in production.

My 350z can hang dead even or pull away from some 03's that have the standard bolt ons making up to 40 rwhp more and a lot more torque... obviously because my car has been weighed in at 3320lb.. but regardless, the car moves.

I missed a gear and coasted to a 12.123@110 as my best ET .... my average traps are 116... the car obviously has higher mid 11's in it, but I cant really prove it until I get that timeslip.

Anyone in Chicago area that would like to run for fun... I do it all the time send me a private message and we can set it up.

So either way, we knows whos cars are faster, and its not the 350z's... but I just wanted to stick up for my own kind and say that when done right they really can be fast. Most people just bolt on the kits and run the standard 5-5.5 psi which is around 360rwhp and with practice could run a 12.5 on drag radials (its been done).

Would I trade the my 350z for a Cobra? hell no. But if I had a Cobra with my own sweat and blood in it, I dont think I would trade it for a 350z even of the league mine is in.

Im not hating... actualy I love the Cobra, once again I just wanted to stick up my own kind... These cars are super super expensive to modify so its rare that they make this much power. No one can afford to put the R&D in to figure out what they can get it to do. I do this for a living so the R&D actually makes me money in the end, which is how I have the resources to show what these cars really can do when built professionally.

-Charles

gnxs

Established Member
Originally posted by phunk
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but I wanted to post from experience.

I own a 350Z with twin turbos with a stock longblock. With the greddy TT, exhaust, test pipes, and a custom fuel system I made the car is pushing a healthy 435rwhp and 399lb ft at 7.5psi of boost. Its reliability has been outstanding to date with over 7000 miles of hardcore abuse.

I know what your Cobras do, cause I own a dyno and run them, and I also have recently made some friends with some... and the Cobras make insane power and I have the utmost respect for them... they are one of my favorite cars in production.

My 350z can hang dead even or pull away from some 03's that have the standard bolt ons making up to 40 rwhp more and a lot more torque... obviously because my car has been weighed in at 3320lb.. but regardless, the car moves.

I missed a gear and coasted to a 12.123@110 as my best ET .... my average traps are 116... the car obviously has higher mid 11's in it, but I cant really prove it until I get that timeslip.

Anyone in Chicago area that would like to run for fun... I do it all the time send me a private message and we can set it up.

So either way, we knows whos cars are faster, and its not the 350z's... but I just wanted to stick up for my own kind and say that when done right they really can be fast. Most people just bolt on the kits and run the standard 5-5.5 psi which is around 360rwhp and with practice could run a 12.5 on drag radials (its been done).

Would I trade the my 350z for a Cobra? hell no. But if I had a Cobra with my own sweat and blood in it, I dont think I would trade it for a 350z even of the league mine is in.

Im not hating... actualy I love the Cobra, once again I just wanted to stick up my own kind... These cars are super super expensive to modify so its rare that they make this much power. No one can afford to put the R&D in to figure out what they can get it to do. I do this for a living so the R&D actually makes me money in the end, which is how I have the resources to show what these cars really can do when built professionally.

-Charles

As one of the Cobra guys Charlie knows, I'll vouch for his 350Z. Not only is it fast, it's a beautiful, professionally done ride. As he stated, it makes 435 or so hp on his dynojet. This is all on the stock motor. The purpose-built motor he's building is gonna be VERY impressive.

Ironically, I was at his shop last night. In fact we got another 20hp or so out of my Cobra last night on his dyno and he was also working with another friend of ours with a Cobra earlier in the afternoon before he went up to RSD at Great Lakes Dragway.

Charlie has mixed it up with us on the highway several times and the car runs strong. I didn't realize until last night that he went 12.1 on DRs. :bowdown: I think Eric (00SVTDubs) could also vouch for the performance potential of a properly tuned TT350Z.

And Charlie, thanks again for the dyno time and helping me find that missing hp and torque! :rockon:

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Re: Re: 350Z Twin Turbo VS Me

Originally posted by Brad
I expect a huge flame war to explode on that forum in about 30 second.

That forum is full of Focking idiots. :nonono: :loser:

When the mod list is full of all dodads and decals with only 1 or 2 go fast mods.. That is no better than rice.

Don't even bother with what they think, I doubt they know anything outside of stereo system hookups.

P.S. I am readin the thread anyways, because I am bored.

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Well I'll be damned, this thread has a lot more maturity than the one I read about a 5.0 spanking a Z, and everyone getting their panties twisted up... Maybe I was wrong.

Either way, I still love Zs! I wouldn't mind having a Roadster Vert!!

darksrt

Established Member
their able to go fast? new one to me. either way you put it 350Zs cant go any faster than mid to low 12s. they would have to resleeve and put a stroker kit in it, lower compression, blah blah blah. good kill. another win for cobras.

phunk

Established Member
Originally posted by LIQUID
their able to go fast? new one to me. either way you put it 350Zs cant go any faster than mid to low 12s. they would have to resleeve and put a stroker kit in it, lower compression, blah blah blah.

wrong.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
their able to go fast? new one to me. either way you put it 350Zs cant go any faster than mid to low 12s. they would have to resleeve and put a stroker kit in it, lower compression, blah blah blah. good kill. another win for cobras.

Right. Or at least close to right.

porshh951

Established Member
Okay to everyone who decide's they want to call bs on me or talk shit....what have you.

I have personally been around and seen from the ground up 4 kit's to date. 4 not a shit load. Not all there is in the word .....4! get it. I speak from my own expeirences to date and re-lay my own personal finding's. If you run into someone with a tt kit that's properly done and is pushing 8-9psi and he only makes 360rwhp.....something is wrong. Bottom line. Either he is untuned or maybe the install wasen't right....or maybe he had a part's problem. I have seen what the kit's can do if done properly.

Now, how many people do you know that do thing's the way they should all the time. Very very few. That's why I can run into viper's that run 14's....okay there are alot of tool's out there that don't know what they are doing or how to drive.

More over, Most people are absolutely full of shit. This has nothing to do with ego's or anything....I don't even own a ****ing 350z and you think I am trollling taking up some some car. **** that stupid shit. I post result's real one's. I post fact's. I love car's and I don't give a shit what the **** you drive as long as it's clean and well done....I could care less.

Someone was talking outta there ass saying they know that so such and such isint possible...yada yada ****ing yada....I am hearing saying that they might have a point about one car but, that is by no means the norm of what's possible..

Now some idiot posts up and say's they know 350z's are only good for 12's yada yada yada. That's the most ignorant stupid shit I have ever hered. To say that one car in general is only capable of "x" is just stupid.

That's like saying your 03cobra is only good from a stop....or only good for 1/4. It's ****ing gay. You can make any car doing anything with enough money or well placed knowledge.

I love .....love love cobra's...but, some of you mustand owner's need to get your head's outta your ass....stop decriminating for no reason. We have gotten way way off subject here.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Well, I've only read the first page....but a local here had the greddy kit and went to the track after tuning/upping the boost a little. He trapped 118.5 at 412 rwhp. Thats a hell of a lot quicker than a stocker. Just my .02.

phunk

Established Member
Originally posted by sharkbite1979
Right. Or at least close to right.

Wrong. Contact SGP Racing in TX if you want to see how wrong. They are currently pushing 560rwhp on PUMP gas on stock sleeves and stock displacement.

eightballrj

Established Member
Hey, but all you guys gotta remember that 350z's are rice. I mean hell they are made in riceland and built by ricemen. They are just rice. Rice can never be fast. Don't you guys know that??

:burn: :bash: :rollseyes :rollseyes

(I am not stereotyping Mustang owners.... Just the ignorant Mustang owners that are very very very closed minded)

Last edited:

cochran

Established Member
I raced a Twin-turbo 350Z on my bike (CBR 600 F4) from about 90 to 150 and he clearly beat me. Those things will fly at top end. But if it was from 30 or so to 120 i would wax him.

Last edited:

porshh951

Established Member
Originally posted by cochran
I raced a Twin-turbo 350Z on my bike (CBR 600 F4) from about 90 to 150 and he clearly beat me. Those things will fly at top end. But if it was from 30 or so to 120 i would wax him.

Yeah no joke. I raced my friends r6 from 20-120 and he ****ing destroyed me....I mean bad.....buslength's out.

Then I raced a 600 from a 100 roll.....he pulled out really hard till 130mph...then after that I slowly started catching back up. I caught him at 155mph and was clearly passing him a 165.....by 170 I was maybe a car out...and we both shut it off. It's amazing how huge wind play's a role in speed's above 130mph.:beer:

Btw we filmed the 20-120 run's.....:cryying:

m1lk

Established Member

Sleeves are good for 700 rwhp+

There are several Zs running 600+ on stock sleeves. I'll find out for myself next month. :)

phunk

Established Member
Originally posted by Black3KGT
man I hate people who drive Japanese imports more and more everytime I go to their dumbass sites.

95 Camaro Z28(Project: Blue Blur)
98 Camaro SS(sold)
workin on a GSXR 750

You just owned yourself fool. Or is that a Harley Davidson GSXR 750 in your sig? duh.

Users who are viewing this thread