350Z Twin Turbo VS Me

Sloe Truk

Established Member
Originally posted by WishIHadaCobra
Why dont u go move to Britan where they care about "the twisties" I dont know what kind of background u come from but out here we cant afford to rent a road course or any track along those lines... As for those twisties, my money would go on a stock 03/04 cobra. Lets see if a z could take those turns fast enough to make up for those straight aways.

http://www.beaverun.com/event_flat_out_friday.asp

$150 prereg, $175 at gate
Flat out Friday, September 3

BeaveRun is only 40 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh and fewer than 30 minutes from the Pittsburgh International Airport.

M1lk, Aren't there some Z guys up the that can school this fella? I know Bonz is reasonablly close. Do you want to post this on the Z boards and try to locate a teacher?

gnxs

Established Member
Originally posted by Drift Samurai
You are taking the Z out of its native land and trying to match it up with the cobra's. Why not stock vs stock in the real race where there are twists and turns? Come on, v8 with an SC vs a 3.5 v6 N/A? Ur an idiot. People like you give the cobra owners bad names. :bash: The Z is a very capable car and soon Nissan might bring over the VQ3.5DETT. Look at the supra MKIV. It's a 3.0 inline 6 and is able to put out 600whp with ease on pump. The Z has a much larger displacement; with some intenal mods and good tuning, I think it is just as capable if not better.

Put aside the straight line performance, and why dont you guys look at the handling and braking. The Z will hand the cobra's ass on the plate. ;-)

P.S I wouldnt mind own an 03+ cobra. Maybe the 07 cobra will be in my garage some day!!! :beer:

Let's try to stay on track. Didn't this thread start out talking about straight line performance?

I'd also like to know why people think the Cobra doesn't handle worth a damn? Unless the track in this fictional confrontation had absolutely no straightaways, the Cobra would probably still come out on top.

I must find the article on this competition style that popular in Japan? I think where a privately entered Cobra was lapping within 3 seconds (2:02 vs 2:05) of tuner prepared EVO VIIIs. I just saw it the other day.

LeadSled1

Established Member
Hell, what do you expect? According to posters on MY350Z.com a race between a stock 350Z and a LS1 Fbody are a drivers race.

Almo

Established Member
Originally posted by LeadSled1
Hell, what do you expect? According to posters on MY350Z.com a race between a stock 350Z and a LS1 Fbody are a drivers race.

:shrug: It's not??? :D

350Z (Stock)
230-240 RWHP
220-230 RWTQ
3247 lbs.

LS1 (Stock)
3150-330 RWHP
320-340 RWTQ
3439 lbs.

Yep, it's a drivers race... just 100HP and 100TQ difference, they should be very close. :dw:

94RX-7

Established Member
Originally posted by Badgts
Its like James Bond vs Mike Tyson. Bond will lose the fight and look good doing it, but he will be missing an ear!!!
That's a good way of puttin' it

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by gnxs
Let's try to stay on track. Didn't this thread start out talking about straight line performance?

I'd also like to know why people think the Cobra doesn't handle worth a damn? Unless the track in this fictional confrontation had absolutely no straightaways, the Cobra would probably still come out on top.

I must find the article on this competition style that popular in Japan? I think where a privately entered Cobra was lapping within 3 seconds (2:02 vs 2:05) of tuner prepared EVO VIIIs. I just saw it the other day.

I like how this guy thinks that Single Turbo Supras put down 600rwhp on pump with ease...I haven't seen one yet (not saying it's not possible) put down over 600rwhp on 93 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread