350Z Twin Turbo VS Me

joegt38

Established Member
Most TT or sc 350Z I hear about and one that I know of can only get down the 1/4 in a low 13 maybe a high 12. They also claim 400hp or over <~ that is definatly crank, nowhere near rwhp. They can't boost much with their compression.

nsxmatt

Established Member
The 350z TT kit can support around 600whp and has been done. The turbos are plenty big enough, the only limit to the setup is the 3.5's weak rods and pistons. Upgrade that and the kit can make some good power.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I have seen a couple of 350z stockers around. If x&x mag says they are it I say good kill on the 8k modded z. Maybe a good car but 8k in the engine? I'd say a 3k modded awd 1.5k dsm would kill it imo. That is not much bang for the buck if it can't beat a stock conv. :rockon:

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
I'd race you. I'd even start in 2nd.

Not even necessary. You can give me your best launch. :rockon: And you wouldnt be the first I've run against.

Unlike with the 99+ V8 Stangs (which are rockets, IMO), the only VQ35DE Nissans that a stock 5.0 can take is the Murano, Quest and Pathfinder/QX4.

So, if you're ever in NY/NJ, send me an IM.

Peace.

porshh951

Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
Most TT or sc 350Z I hear about and one that I know of can only get down the 1/4 in a low 13 maybe a high 12. They also claim 400hp or over <~ that is definatly crank, nowhere near rwhp. They can't boost much with their compression.

sorry gonna have to disagree with you there. I have seen two kits dyno'd locally and both of them were 400+

first one was 430rwhp @8psi
second was a much better kit 465rwhp @ 9.5psi

I go off of what I see....not what people tell me. If there are twin turbo kit's only hitting 350rwhp then that is at low boost(4psi) either that of they have serious...........serious tunning issues to work out. I have found with turbocharged car's tunning is everything and then some....so it's very possible to have a great kit just installed and tunning poorly hitting low number's. Just because you got the good part's doesn't nessarly mean you are going to be getting the good number's.

make sense?:rockon:

m1lk

Established Member
Originally posted by porshh951
sorry gonna have to disagree with you there. I have seen two kits dyno'd locally and both of them were 400+

first one was 430rwhp @8psi
second was a much better kit 465rwhp @ 9.5psi

make sense?:rockon:

Yep.

The kit untuned at stock boost (4.6 PSI) is about 330-350. If you get a bigger fuel pump and $30 timing harness you can boost 8-10 PSI which puts you well into the 400s.

I am at 8 PSI and I put down 410rwhp/400rwt with stock exhaust.

Good kill racruzzz, do you have a list of mods?

Edit: forgot to mention, if the Z is boosting over 6.5 PSI, they have done the timing and fuel mod. If you boost over 7 ish without addressing fuel and timing, you will ping and eventually detonate.

Last edited:

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
I love to mod different cars, but with the next mustang that is coming soon, I am gonna keep it simple with some suspention and better forged internals with a sean hyland 5.2 or 6.0L block and a 25 or more psi kenne bell with a 150 wet shot. But that is just my .02

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by F23A4
Not even necessary. You can give me your best launch. :rockon: And you wouldnt be the first I've run against.

Unlike with the 99+ V8 Stangs (which are rockets, IMO), the only VQ35DE Nissans that a stock 5.0 can take is the Murano, Quest and Pathfinder/QX4.

So, if you're ever in NY/NJ, send me an IM.

Peace.

I know this is an old thread but I just have to say this guy is a F%$^ing retard. The best I have herd the magazine driver do with ur car is 14.9, and thats with profesionals. The first time i took my 88 5.0 5spd Hatchback to the track I did a best of 14.6(That was many miles ago). Try going up against a notch. Dont think because u beat some automatic GT convertable that u have some fast car. Im in jersey all the time and Id race u. I could use my cobra but i know u didnt say u could beat one. Or I could use my fox. Its got 220K miles on it and is kinda falling apart but I bet if my engine didnt explode I could still give u a good race. Four door sports sedan:lol:

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by WishIHadaCobra
I know this is an old thread but I just have to say this guy is a F%$^ing retard. The best I have herd the magazine driver do with ur car is 14.9, and thats with profesionals. The first time i took my 88 5.0 5spd Hatchback to the track I did a best of 14.6(That was many miles ago). Try going up against a notch. Dont think because u beat some automatic GT convertable that u have some fast car. Im in jersey all the time and Id race u. I could use my cobra but i know u didnt say u could beat one. Or I could use my fox. Its got 220K miles on it and is kinda falling apart but I bet if my engine didnt explode I could still give u a good race. Four door sports sedan:lol:

Figures you'd magazine race. To be more accurate, the quickest mag time recorded for a 2k2/3 Maxima was 14.7 seconds which was a bogus time for a 6MT model. (C/D October 2003, I believe)

Me:
60' 2.169
330' 6.150
1/8 9.463 @ 74.07mph
1000' 12.311
1/4 14.725 @ 93.04
** Stock w/ slight traction issues **

Get your Fox in working order and bring it to Etown!!

As for typical Maxima times:
http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46
* Try and focus on the 2002 or newer models (3.5L - VQ35DE)

Peace.

F23A4

Established Member
Whoa!! And I just realized that the one guy who ran a 14.5sec ET in his automatic Maxima (intake only) also has a low 13 second 87 Fox 5.0. (Screen name: bosssho). So talk to your boy for the scoop on 3.5L Maximas. ;)

MidNight Snake

Established Member
I think u two missed alot of the sarcasim at the end. 14.7 is not something u want to brag about. "99+ v8 stangs are rockets" I guess everything is relative, like Maximas are fast when Im walking.

StangsN4x4S

USMC
Established Member
all the 350z people are calling bs...but i say u beat him becus there was a vid on the board a while back with a lightly modded ev08 vs a tt 350z and it was a close race

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
They're supposed to call bs, it's their obligation to defend their pride. It's the same thing with any board dedicated to "x" car. People on each respective forum will drive it into their own/each other's heads that their beloved baby could never ever EVER lose to any other car b/c if someone says it happened, it's automatically bullshlt.

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by Kovachian
They're supposed to call bs, it's their obligation to defend their pride. It's the same thing with any board dedicated to "x" car. People on each respective forum will drive it into their own/each other's heads that their beloved baby could never ever EVER lose to any other car b/c if someone says it happened, it's automatically bullshlt.

I dont agree. There have been a few folks on Acura TL, Acura CL and Maxima sites that claim to have beaten cars that are def quicker/faster AND they're typically corrected on their pipedream (read: BS flag).

I consider myself a car enthusiast regardless of the country from which the car hails; I'll acknowledge when a great car has been manufactured and ridicule a maker when a terrible one is produced.

The 350Z is a nice sports car (i.e.: S2K and Z4) but its not a musclecar (i.e.: Cobra or WS6) or GT car (i.e.: 300ZXTT or Supra TT). It's powertrain doesnt really have enough of an edge that other 3.5L Nissan's can't overcome w/slight modding. (i.e.: 5MT 3.5L Altimas w/ I/H/E running upper 13s). If Nissan was thinking musclecar then they failed by not incorprating the VK45DE motor (4.5L 32valve 340hp V8) into the Z. But they wanted balance. That said, it'll never beat a Cobra without FI.

Peace.

joegt38

Established Member
porshh951
If you didn't notice I said that I heard of and THAT I KNOW OF, The one I KNOW of has a fuel system and a tune w/6psi> Best time he had was a 12.9 <~ not so hot for all that $$. Also your say 430rwhp-465rwhp, thats 200 or more rwhp over stock with a turbo kit think about that as far as making sence and **** off Mr porsche **** jockey. Adding that much more rwhp (95%) is dumb as shit with a 3.5L thats not built.

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
Nice kill dude!! I once considered the 350Z before purchasing my Cobra. I was going to slap on the TT kit as soon as I got it, but would have always wondered how it would have compared to the Cobra. I think I made the right decision though. The Cobra is a powerhouse and isn't even close to being in the same category as the 350Z. The Cobra is a brute monster even with stock torque numbers. Although the 350Z is a MUCH more refined car IMO, I still wouldn't trade my Cobra for a TT 350Z...not now, not ever! Its like James Bond vs Mike Tyson. Bond will lose the fight and look good doing it, but he will be missing an ear!!! I'm glad I came to my senses before I dropped the dime.

Users who are viewing this thread