350Z Twin Turbo VS Me

racruzzz

I was at the gas station filling up when a golden/orange color 350Z pulls up behind me. I noticed the really big greddy intercooler up front this car look good i start talking to the guy he says it has a twin turbo set up that they just finished doing a photo shoot with one of the magazines publishers here in fullerton California. This guy said it made about 400 plus hp with $8000 in the motor, well were talking this other guy pulls up and starts checking out the car then this guys says bet he will kill you my car its a 03 black convertable stock and the guy in the modded Z yeah this thing is really fast, so i take my time filling up thinking to my self what the heck. I pull out of gas station in first and just let him get up next to me as he pulls up he gives me heads up sign i give it back then all i hear is the scream of his turbos as he starts to pull away i drop the hammer then all of a sudden the scream of his turbo is muted by the whine of my supercharger i instantly put 2 to 3 cars on him Guess they never notice the little cobra on the side of my fender.

I posted on the 350z fourm just to see what they would say .

click

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by racruzzz
I was at the gas station filling up when a golden/orange color 350Z pulls up behind me. I noticed the really big greddy intercooler up front this car look good i start talking to the guy he says it has a twin turbo set up that they just finished doing a photo shoot with one of the magazines publishers here in fullerton California. This guy said it made about 400 plus hp with $8000 in the motor, well were talking this other guy pulls up and starts checking out the car then this guys says bet he will kill you my car its a 03 black convertable stock and the guy in the modded Z yeah this thing is really fast, so i take my time filling up thinking to my self what the heck. I pull out of gas station in first and just let him get up next to me as he pulls up he gives me heads up sign i give it back then all i hear is the scream of his turbos as he starts to pull away i drop the hammer then all of a sudden the scream of his turbo is muted by the whine of my supercharger i instantly put 2 to 3 cars on him Guess they never notice the little cobra on the side of my fender.

I posted on the 350z fourm just to see what they would say .

click

I expect a huge flame war to explode on that forum in about 30 second.

Brad

Banned
Read that whole thread, apparently covertible cobras are lame. :lol1:

And as much as I shouldn't be wasting the time.. and as stupid as it is.. I posted in that thread..:nonono:

Last edited:

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
Nice Kill.
I like how everyone on the 350Z site has to doubt you could win. Pretty funny:)

Pyro

Established Member
I think that a race to 80 or 90 mph, a stock Cobra would win simply because it hits it's power band instantly as opposed to the Z which needs some rpms to hit boost. Eventually a stock Cobra may get walked by a 400+ whp TT Z simply because of the hp deficit and the weight disadvantage. Pulley a Cobra and it's all over for the Z.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
i doubt that 350z woulda caught that cobra up top. greddy did a turbo install on a 350z and it made 414hp to the crank. so im assuming the guy with the 350z was speaking in terms of crank power when he said 400. cobras have more than that stock. even if the 350z was to beat him which is highly unlikely, alls the cobra got to do is intake/exhuast and the 350z would still get its arse handed

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Well, its not too bad over there... my only question is why does the thread starter here only have one post too?

racruzzz

Ive been hanging aroundthis site for a few months now, since i bought my cobra just trying to learn about our cars really did not need to post u guys seem to cover everything but thought you guy would like to hear about my first real kill.

Last edited:

Established Member
racruzzz,
where in Fullerton did you race this 350z? I'm from fullerton and I raced a tt 350 a few nights back and it wasn't pretty. But I'm just another pullied and chipped Cobra.

racruzzz

I work right next to Sams Club for Alcoa off of placentica
we raced right on placentica in front of sams club

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
$8,000 and only 400rwhp???? That's pathetic for almost any motor.

I would post in that thread but they banned me there for trying to get someone to race me in my 5.slow rustang. Funny how nobody would step up. Just talked a lot of shit.

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2

I would post in that thread but they banned me there for trying to get someone to race me in my 5.slow rustang. Funny how nobody would step up. Just talked a lot of shit.

I'd run you with my Maxima. :p

porshh951

Established Member
about the number's no those are at the rear wheels. I don't know what greedy kit you had dyno'd at 414 at the crank but, Kenny from Jo-tech Motorsports here in dallas was the first one to build a kit(that latter became the greedy kit) and even it put down 430rwhp on 8psi. Now the kits have gotten better and they are seeing 470rwhp at 9psi of boost. They have done 5 car's so far that I know of. The turbo Z would have caught you on the top end due to power differencies in your car's but, none the less you still won and that say's alot about the cobra in stock trim. Twin turbo Z's in my opinion belong with me on the freeway....I don't think they do much in the lower gear's down low.

Last edited:

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
That's what Greddy charges (also nicknamed Greedy by some people) for their Z twin turbo kit.

Users who are viewing this thread