350 Lawsuit

Dynobrat

Established Member
It's very easy to piecemeal everything and paint your own picture. That's nice.

so a tech car can't track it so it's a gt350 with a peg leg.
it's not a drag car it's a track focused car. So I can't drag it, not a drag car.
So if it can't be tracked or can't be dragged it's just not a Mustang.
And I think those who oppose are "Losers" and "a disaster."

Cooling should be the same across all the board. Track and R assignations should have options above safety, security, peace of mind, and on and on. It's cute watching the battle of wits though. Ford knew the temperatures, it overheats (not to a point of limp mode but HOT) there is no coverup or arguement necessary they flubbed up.

Dynobrat

Established Member
haha. Well I am in it to win it just like everybody else. I know how Ford marketed the vehicle and have full line of sight and openness about it. Not sided or jaded or care and I own one. It's not about tech, not about track, not about R, it's about COOLING. Is it acceptable to you that the car go into limp mode in 10 minutes of fun? The car was made to work 100% 100% of the time, not 95% 10% of the time, REGARDLESS of where it thrusts itself.

Dynobrat

Established Member
That's all this car is worth, to me. 10 minutes of full throttle and done. I am not in love with mine, tech track aside. It's an underpowered lazy dog that needs a set of nuts.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't understand.

How are the Transmissions and Differentials over heating so much?

Isn't the Diff the same 8.8 used in the GT and based on the same diff used for the last 30 years?

Transmission is a TR6060, no? This is the same transmission used in all of the Camaros, GT500, older Corvettes and Viper... no?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dynobrat

Established Member
it's a different transmission...lighter and stronger...but it also has a low fluid capacity. There's nowhere for the heat to go. That's where it becomes Fords responsibility because the transmissions are selected for an application with or without coolers. To put one in without it in any performance application is just dumb and Ford tested it apparently. If you know you have 2.7L cooling capacity and say OK without one because racecar. LOL Nobody is going to want a 16 tech car. haha.

It's not that it's a big deal that it doesn't have the cooler, BUT it is a big deal when you start talking about the design and testing and how it would be allowed to be removed to add cooled seats and promoting Apple Car Play that doesn't work. (money in the bank for Ford, customers lost out on that deal too.) I paid 81 grand for a 20k mustang and a flatplane crank. Go ahead and wind me up telling me there's more, I'll keep looking to find it.

There should be a lawsuit over Apple Car Play being offered, available, and included, black and white in the manual. It does not work in any way on a 2016. That gets me going too, considering I PAID for a promoted product, service, or feature and TADA it doesn't work!

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Define severe duty?
Where is your example of overheating within 15 min of street driving?
Saying "a GT350 is a GT350" is saying there is no difference between the Tech, Track or R packages; when there clearly are.

There's no tough love. If someone wanted to track their car, they should have opted for the Track or R package; if someone wanted their balls to be cooled while they're sitting on the highway after a 15 minute sprint waiting for their engine to cool down to get it out of limp mode, they should have purchased the Tech package.

Here is the problem fellas. Both of you have been around the track long enough to know exactly what is needed for a car to survive there. That is good knowledge to have, but unfortunately many people do not. You are operating under the assumption that every potential buyer should have known. The car was built for the track enthusiast, but also marketed to bring those that had never been to the track before into that hobby.

No matter how much research a potential buyer could have done, absolutely nowhere could you have found out that the tech package could not survive an HPDE, Autocross event, or touch limp mode on the street. Nobody even knew the car had a limp mode function, as I don't think any other mustang previously released did. Sure, ford mentioned that coolers were needed. Nobody can argue that point. But that statement was left with ambiguity and open to interpretation. People such as yourselves with prior track experience took it to mean you will need coolers before going to the track. People without track knowledge had no idea the extent of what that meant, and honestly it was never published or disseminated to buyers. It wasn't until after buyers started to report the issue that it became common knowledge. The rub is that Ford tested the car and knew the limitations, but never made it known.

Can you both honestly say that even you weren't a little surprised when you first started to hear that any GT350 couldn't last an HPDE event? And totally in shock when you heard one went into limp mode on the street?

All anyone ever knew is what the car was, not what it wasn't.

Dynobrat

Established Member
yes, now that the hype machine called advertising is over and people have driven the cars does the rust settle in.

I like the gt350, but these serious issues call into question how much I'm willing to believe about just how serious Ford say they are with this thing called performance. A 17 Camaro SS is on par and or better. The g #'s are there and they aren't above and beyond anyone else, I fail to see what will keep this car desireable beyond the name and exhaust. The R's will be the sought after vehicles, I think the rest will not be anywhere near as desireable (in terms of value, future collector and want status) as a 10-14 GT500. I know it's not related to the lawsuit in anyway but Ford could have done themselves and their customers better with the rollout of this car. Too many coverups.

Last edited:

Dynobrat

Established Member
And it blows my mind that car enthusiasts believe any car going into limp mode after 10 minutes is ok to a dude that buys a 16 gt350 tech car because he didn't want ball soup. You bought a tech car, it's OK that your car overheats. Don't track it, don't take it to the dragstrip. Just go get groceries and come home. You have to buy an R if you want a REAL GT350. You got the V6. Sorry buddy.

Cadillac did the same thing. They made the "V" the oooh-ahhhh a revolution, and gave the rest of the Cadillac line up "junk" on down the line, and still robbed their customers blind. (The CTS is a good example). The only REAL Cadillac is the V and the rest are just blindspots.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'll be impressed with the lawyers if they can win this one, I can't remember a single review where they didn't bring up the extra coolers for extending time on track. There wasn't even a lawsuit for the C7Z, which is also the "track" Corvette, but Chevy never suggested additional cooling.

If they are overheating on the road, I would almost wonder if that's a specific car issue vs across the board.

Dynobrat

Established Member
in Canada, yup. After taxes and fees. I enjoy it, but now that I have owned it and driven it, I like everything about it. Except that it's underpowered. I will not sleep until I have boost. Boost fixes everything. I will love my car when the hood drops and I can get in it knowing I can pound pavement. 16 tech cars will be the sought after vehicles for boost because they will have lower resale and don't have the coolers dragsters don't have to worry about. (at least in the beginning until you melt something). :)

Last edited:

Dynobrat

Established Member
Why is just "Track" the hitch everyone is fetched up on? Street, strip, track, the car will limp mode in 10 minutes. You paid big bucks for a car that goes "game over" after your time is up. It runs HOT on the street in stop and go traffic. Premature clutch failure. It does not operate at normal operating temperature without the cooler. That's not the fault of Tremec. People are not wanting something for nothing and all this other bullcrap. If it works, it works. Limp Mode experience means an overheating condition. It can and has happened on the street. Why do people keep insisting on just the idea that the customer was stupid and he's an idiot blah blah blah. It doesn't fall within a satisfactory limit based on normal operating temperature and regular driving. Ford did not say the tech car was not intended for track use or that the car would overheat and run hot in normal everyday driving without it. It was the car, the top dog, voodoo performance. Nobody that bought the car knew it would go into limp mode until it started happening. I didn't read coolers were mandatory. NOBODY BUYS A CAR THAT WILL DELIBERATELY OVERHEAT WHEN PUSHED WAKE UP. I for one am a man and NO MAN on earth will build a "race car track car ANY car" that will do this. Time to take your test mule back home. You have some remedial homework to do.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
haha. Well I am in it to win it just like everybody else. I know how Ford marketed the vehicle and have full line of sight and openness about it. Not sided or jaded or care and I own one. It's not about tech, not about track, not about R, it's about COOLING. Is it acceptable to you that the car go into limp mode in 10 minutes of fun? The car was made to work 100% 100% of the time, not 95% 10% of the time, REGARDLESS of where it thrusts itself.

It is about cooling. Track cars have more cooling that street cars. Pretty simple.

The car does work 100% of the time for what it was designed to do.

That's like saying the new Ford GT doesn't work very well when it gets mud in the wheel wells while offroading.

That's all this car is worth, to me. 10 minutes of full throttle and done. I am not in love with mine, tech track aside. It's an underpowered lazy dog that needs a set of nuts.

Sell it. lol

And it blows my mind that car enthusiasts believe any car going into limp mode after 10 minutes is ok to a dude that buys a 16 gt350 tech car because he didn't want ball soup. You bought a tech car, it's OK that your car overheats. Don't track it, don't take it to the dragstrip. Just go get groceries and come home. You have to buy an R if you want a REAL GT350. You got the V6. Sorry buddy.

So yours did overheat after 10 minutes?

Dynobrat

Established Member
If a guy can build a circle track car with parts from a junkyard and do circle track all day without overheating, I think paying big bucks for a new car should be able to handle more than 10 minutes of the same thing. C'mon. Regardless of how the car is decked out. It's all been resolved obviously but pity for the 16 owners. haha. I don't care I eat the loss and enjoy life. It's not my last car, "hopefurry."

It will be boosted or booted by the time it's paid a down a bit to get rid of it LOL

Dynobrat

Established Member
Selling a car that overheats in short notice because you didn't "buy" the right "package" is a fkn joke! ...And you can take THAT to the BANK.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Just lawsuits in general. I guess specifically any class action lawsuits about the brakes?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dynobrat has very thin skin. Relax man.

You sound liken nycarpenter that was pissed his GT500 didn't have the snake in the dash screen, and just had the Mustang.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Here is the problem fellas. Both of you have been around the track long enough to know exactly what is needed for a car to survive there. That is good knowledge to have, but unfortunately many people do not. You are operating under the assumption that every potential buyer should have known. The car was built for the track enthusiast, but also marketed to bring those that had never been to the track before into that hobby.

No matter how much research a potential buyer could have done, absolutely nowhere could you have found out that the tech package could not survive an HPDE, Autocross event, or touch limp mode on the street. Nobody even knew the car had a limp mode function, as I don't think any other mustang previously released did. Sure, ford mentioned that coolers were needed. Nobody can argue that point. But that statement was left with ambiguity and open to interpretation. People such as yourselves with prior track experience took it to mean you will need coolers before going to the track. People without track knowledge had no idea the extent of what that meant, and honestly it was never published or disseminated to buyers. It wasn't until after buyers started to report the issue that it became common knowledge. The rub is that Ford tested the car and knew the limitations, but never made it known.

Can you both honestly say that even you weren't a little surprised when you first started to hear that any GT350 couldn't last an HPDE event? And totally in shock when you heard one went into limp mode on the street?

All anyone ever knew is what the car was, not what it wasn't.

Fair point. I would have an issue if the dealer or salesmen said yes the tech will be great on track as it is a gt350.
However I fail to see one piece of evidence that Ford stated the tech pack was/is meant to be tracked.

yes, now that the hype machine called advertising is over and people have driven the cars does the rust settle in.

I like the gt350, but these serious issues call into question how much I'm willing to believe about just how serious Ford say they are with this thing called performance. A 17 Camaro SS is on par and or better. The g #'s are there and they aren't above and beyond anyone else, I fail to see what will keep this car desireable beyond the name and exhaust. The R's will be the sought after vehicles, I think the rest will not be anywhere near as desireable (in terms of value, future collector and want status) as a 10-14 GT500. I know it's not related to the lawsuit in anyway but Ford could have done themselves and their customers better with the rollout of this car. Too many coverups.

The ss is not on par with the gt350 track pack. Even the 1le is behind the 350 track. Continue to believe the lies of the gm marketing machine while marking up false ford claims!

Cadillac did the same thing. They made the "V" the oooh-ahhhh a revolution, and gave the rest of the Cadillac line up "junk" on down the line, and still robbed their customers blind. (The CTS is a good example). The only REAL Cadillac is the V and the rest are just blindspots.

10 min limp mode doing what? Last post you said 15. I'm sure next post it will be 5 min.

We are still waiting for the verifiable street limp mode stories....

CO Mack

Established Member
Fair point. I would have an issue if the dealer or salesmen said yes the tech will be great on track as it is a gt350.
However I fail to see one piece of evidence that Ford stated the tech pack was/is meant to be tracked.

Have you read your owner's manual? The owner's manual is no different for a Tech or Track. There is tons about track use in my documentation; they even provide alignment specs for track use. Nowhere in there does it say track use requires changing transmissions for a tech car either. Do I really need to go get my owner's manual out? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread