350 Lawsuit

Dynobrat

Established Member
I guess a car overheating after 10 minutes is acceptable because it isn't a track pack car or R. Time for a little rethink.

“We believe that Ford induced purchasers with its ‘track-ready’ marketing, when in fact it knew that this defect would ultimately bar these Mustangs from ever being the hotrod consumers paid for.”

I agree with this. Especially adding in the bogus Apple Car Play. They marketed the car as it being there and functional and it's even written to the letter on how to use it in the manual. That is some serious BS and deserves reprimand. Misleading your customer is fraud.

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It is about cooling. Track cars have more cooling that street cars. Pretty simple.

The car does work 100% of the time for what it was designed to do.

I guess the question is, does the car overheat faster then a basic Mustang GT? Does it over heat faster then the top track-pack GT?

If the answer is yes it's bullshit then.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
IMG_1591.JPG
Did the tech owners manual also say for track use it is recommended that you get coolers?

Why yes it did, as you can see.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I guess the question is, does the car overheat faster then a basic Mustang GT? Does it over heat faster then the top track-pack GT?

If the answer is yes it's bullshit then.
Actually it does not. At least according to what I've been told.

The difference is there is a temp sensor in the 350 tranny while there is no sensor in the gt tranny. The gt can be way hotter than the 350 and still not pull timing.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Actually it does not. At least according to what I've been told.

The difference is there is a temp sensor in the 350 tranny while there is no sensor in the gt tranny. The gt can be way hotter than the 350 and still not pull timing.

+1.

Dynobrat

Established Member
People need to get past the buyers remorse story. A base or tech car is just that. A base car. It is the minimum standard example of a car and how it performs. It's the minimum standard of appreciation, the minimum of how a car performs for that model. It overheats without the coolers. It's not the customers fault. And it's unfair to the buyer. How can you sell a car that knowingly overheats? lawd I can't stand it! I'm going to set my one hair on fire.

It should say required; not we recommend. If you can't finish one session, it cannot be tracked.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
People need to get past the buyers remorse story. A base or tech car is just that. A base car. It is the minimum standard example of a car and how it performs. It's the minimum standard of appreciation for the model car. It overheats without the coolers. It's not the customers fault. And it's unfair to the buyer. How can you sell a car that knowingly overheats? lawd I can't stand it! I'm going to set my one hair on fire.

No one is saying it's the customers fault.

The car originally came out in 4 different configurations (Base, Tech, Track and R). ONLY the Track and the R models were advertised to be track worthy; taking the Base or the Tech car to the track, the complaining about it overheating is a worthless argument. Ford Motor Company DID NOT INTEND for the Base or the Tech cars to be on the track.

Ford offered the Base and Tech cars to people who wanted a street cruiser; not a track warrior.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The most equivalent argument I can think of for this situation is if you bought a new F150 crew cab, 4x4, platinum without the towing package and expected it to tow as much as a "max capacity" truck.

It's not a matter of being wronged by the company, you bought the wrong package for it's intended usage. Especially considering the company already stated it needed coolers in their marketing and owners manual for extended on track driving.

CO Mack

Established Member
View attachment 86286 Did the tech owners manual also say for track use it is recommended that you get coolers?

Why yes it did, as you can see.

Never said it didn't. I said Tech literature spent pages on how it was meant for the track, same as a "Track". But if you want to have this conversation, show me where it says "replace transmission"?

Far more damning in a court of law is that all 2017+ get the gerotor trans and all of the coolers.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Far more damning in a court of law is that all 2017+ get the gerotor trans and all of the coolers.

Why is that damning? Track packs were more sought after in the 2016 run....why wouldn't Ford make that switch to sell more cars?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
People need to get past the buyers remorse story. A base or tech car is just that. A base car. It is the minimum standard example of a car and how it performs. It's the minimum standard of appreciation, the minimum of how a car performs for that model. It overheats without the coolers. It's not the customers fault. And it's unfair to the buyer. How can you sell a car that knowingly overheats? lawd I can't stand it! I'm going to set my one hair on fire.

It should say required; not we recommend. If you can't finish one session, it cannot be tracked.

Knowingly overheats....Great, share an example of it overheating on the street?

And it does finish just as the Ford Fusion finishes.

But the question I have is, why would anyone pay extra for leather, a big stereo, add all that weight and the want to track it. Sounds counter productive. Just my thoughts.

CO Mack

Established Member
Why is that damning? Track packs were more sought after in the 2016 run....why wouldn't Ford make that switch to sell more cars?

I thought "Techs" were for cruising? ;)

Look, I love my tech, I don't regret it. I'm a bit salty about the trans issue; I bought my Tech thinking I had to screw some coolers and lines on, not this fairly major job. But it is what it is. I don't have any plans to join the Class either.

To answer your question, if it is shown that the GT350 goes into "limp" in street use, AND we know Ford made this update to all MY2017, it is a sort of tacit recognition of a design problem.

CO Mack

Established Member
But the question I have is, why would anyone pay extra for leather, a big stereo, add all that weight and the want to track it. Sounds counter productive. Just my thoughts.

Because people know what a race car is and isn't? Why would people buy a Track instead of an R if they want to go to the track?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
if it goes into limp mode in normal driving and verified and repeated by other users in similar circumstances ford will create a tsb and then recall the cars to fix the issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong Nick. Has there been any tsb for the 350 overheating?

Dynobrat

Established Member
I'm cheesed about it as well, not because the car doesn't have the coolers, but that it overheats without them. Don't care about tech pack or not, it shouldn't overheat and cause limp mode as a "base" car. Hands down, no arguement. You lose. There is more to a "top" track car than having "just" adequate cooling. Inadequate cooling (it doesn't take long...) for a car designed and marketed for that purpose is misleading. It should be able to handle the cooling side but be missing things that give it track status, be it what it is.

Can a gt350 handle a track? No. Only a track pack or R. That's not how the car was marketed.

If you can't track it all day everyday, it's understandable. If you can't get one session, it's defective.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'm cheesed about it as well, not because the car doesn't have the coolers, but that it overheats without them. Don't care about tech pack or not, it shouldn't overheat and cause limp mode as a "base" car. Hands down, no arguement. You lose. There is more to a track car than having "just" adequate cooling.
Just so we're all clear. How and when has your car overheated?

Users who are viewing this thread