350 Lawsuit

Dynobrat

Established Member
Any vehicle that will go into a limp mode condition in under 15 minutes of severe duty is NOT "Ford Performance." -

It has nothing to do with a tech, track or R. It has to do with "the basics." I could take several other non track cars and beat them until you start to wonder how its still running and not go into limp mode.

my Shelby overheated....sounds like a real champion.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Any vehicle that will go into a limp mode condition in under 15 minutes of severe duty is NOT "Ford Performance." -

It has nothing to do with a tech, track or R. It has to do with "the basics." I could take several other non track cars and beat them until you start to wonder how its still running and not go into limp mode.

So your Shelby did overheat on the street?

I'm just trying to follow your claims.

CO Mack

Established Member
The GT350 Tech Pack was built for the people who care more about the image than the performance. You would think the fact that the Track Pack and R are equipped with extra gear for track duty would've clued them in that a base Tech Pack car isn't meant for all out track duty. It's for spirited street duty and mild track duty, at best. Basically for the old fogeys who suffer from mechanical sympathy and/or scaredy-cats who aren't willing to rev the engine out or even go full throttle on track.

If they care more about heated and cooled leather seats than they do about performance, then they got EXACTLY what they wanted. I don't see why they're whining about it now.

HUH?!

It is a "GT" car, not a race car. Track package or not. Nobody told Tech buyers their cars were not track ready, and the manual makes it sound simpler to add the coolers than it is.

Many of the negative comments I've seen here might have merit if these cars were not so difficult to procure. There has simply not been the supply for buyers to get exactly what they want unless they get lucky (I did). I did not know about this lawsuit until I opened this thread, but I have been annoyed the "cooler kit" includes having to buy and R&R a new transmission.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
So you haven't had any issues. Just wanna complain a little, eh?

I see how you are trying to state that because you haven't personally experienced the problem, then you don't have standing to complain. Would you also believe that owners of the vehicles affected by the oil line recall have no room to complain since their oil line never personally failed? It's the same scenario. Any GT350 with the potential to go into limp mode on the street is inexcusable

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see how you are trying to state that because you haven't personally experienced the problem, then you don't have standing to complain. Would you also believe that owners of the vehicles affected by the oil line recall have no room to complain since their oil line never personally failed? It's the same scenario. Any GT350 with the potential to go into limp mode on the street is inexcusable

All vehicles on the planet have the potential to go into limp mode on the street.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

The lawsuit is not for limp mode in the street. It specifically states the tech pack is not suited for the track even though ford claims it's the most track ready mustang ever.

1. Ford never claimed that for the tech pack.
2. If the tech pack can not last in the street Ford needs to see this as a repeated behavior prior to them issuing a tsb or a recall.
How many have power pulled in street driving?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Define severe duty?
Where is your example of overheating within 15 min of street driving?

Dynobrat

Established Member
A GT350 is a GT350. A lot of what people are saying in support of the tough love approach is undercutting everyone involved in this whole deal. It should not overheat quickly without a cooler (eventually yes but 10-12 min? Really?), and since it does, it should never have been allowed by Ford to be omitted. And the life of the transmission (which was already mentioned previously) is shortened from heat stress from simple average to normal driving. That's not acceptable. There isn't enough cars made for Ford to care and so if you have a 16 tech you'll pay for it to upgrade it or pay for it when you sell it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A GT350 is a GT350. A lot of what people are saying in support of the tough love approach is undercutting everyone involved in this whole deal. It should not overheat quickly without a cooler, and since it does, it should never have been allowed by Ford to be omitted. And the life of the transmission (which was already mentioned previously) is shortened from heat stress from simple average to normal driving. That's not acceptable. There isn't enough cars made for Ford to care and so if you have a 16 tech you'll pay for it to upgrade it or pay for it when you sell it.

Saying "a GT350 is a GT350" is saying there is no difference between the Tech, Track or R packages; when there clearly are.

There's no tough love. If someone wanted to track their car, they should have opted for the Track or R package; if someone wanted their balls to be cooled while they're sitting on the highway after a 15 minute sprint waiting for their engine to cool down to get it out of limp mode, they should have purchased the Tech package.

Users who are viewing this thread