30 year old Inline 6 making 600+ hp NA

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Dang that’s cool. And I guessed what it was...at least the block. If anyone guesses the rest they’re either in the 0.0001% or they’re full of shit.

joshcarp81

Established Member
No go here either. Ive learned to accept it. Im not signing up for the garbage just to see some funnies. Im not using the app though. Would that matter?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I got the 300 I-6 part and knew it had a fabricated head, but didn't know what the head originally was. I've seen one where a guy was building one with segmented LS heads.

Established Member
Heads are probably 1969 boss 302. Note on the intake side there is no 4, which was on most all of the 351 4V Cleveland heads, but not the boss 302. And the 69 had the 2.25 intakes where the 70s had 2.19 if I remember correctly. I did have one set of 70 Cleveland 4V heads without the number, so even though uncommon they did exist, but not with the bigger valve. I know that's an easy change. Look at the size of the spring. That thing has monster lift for a motor built in the 80s, which would be my guess with that distributer. Surprised that they left the intake port that large, so they must have spun it up over 8000. Never saw that keeper/lash cap combination before, But I would guess that is another indicator of trying to keep the weight down at high RPMs. The exhaust plate, although it looks complex, was a plate you could buy and then just mill the head. I think what will be really cool is the combustion chamber work where they joined the pieces together.

coposrv

Established Member
There’s a part 2 on their Facebook page. Love stuff like this.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread