3.3L TVS is coming

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Last week Rebecca and I were at the SEMA show and met with Roush and Eaton regarding the new 3.3L TVS. Through a lot of prodding, myself and Roush have convinced Eaton to do it.

If you remember, there was talk about this a few years ago, but back then Eaton had no intention of doing it. They had no idea how they would manufacture it cost effectively and did not see a market for it. All of that has changed.

With the introduction of a factory 2.3L TVS on a mass produced car things changed. Mustang owners always need to 'upgrade' things, and why not keep it in the Eaton family? Anyways, the 5.8 has a very REAL need for more air. We can make 20-22lbs with a 2.3L on the 5.4L (plenty for pump gas), but the 5.8 is 3-4lbs below that.

So the good news, it will happen, the bad news, it will be a while and cost more money than a 2.3L.

We saw an engineering prototype, Eaton still has a lot to do before the rotorpack can be brought to market, and then I will need to have a blower case tooled for the 3.3L rotorset to fit the 07-14 GT500.

There is a lot more material in such a big rotorset, look for a price tag consistent with other products of similar displacement.

If you are planning to upgrade an 07-12 car in the near future with a TVS, I would not wait for this. The current TVS blower offerings make plenty of power for the stock/rods pistons and come in at a very good price point for the performance.

There are pictures of the 3.3 rotorpack on the VMP facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/VMPTuning

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Crikey. A 3.3 TVS will have a well done 5.8 wishing it had some premium rods. Looking forward to seeing this blower become a reality!

mike69440

Established Member
If Ford offers a track pack , why not H beam rods?

Crikey. A 3.3 TVS will have a well done 5.8 wishing it had some premium rods. Looking forward to seeing this blower become a reality!

If Ford tells you out of the corner of there mouths that very few 13 GT550’s owners really have any need for the Track Pack, why not have the same strategy with H beam rods?
“You do not need this rod option unless the motor is to be heavily modified for racing, professional track use only intended.”
The costs and logistics of offering an upgraded rod will not be anywhere the Track Pack to Ford, but the margin mark up could be way up there. I bet they could sell the rod upgrade for near $2,000 all day long at a material cost of below $500 to Ford, plus a bit of overhead and inventory control
Ford does not warrantee cars that are tracked, and I expect Ford would only honor proof of faulty materials and workmanship on upgraded rod engine internals.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well this would be a nice upgrade down the road. Where are the pics?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Well this would be a nice upgrade down the road. Where are the pics?
There are none. All they showed was the rotor pack. Now it's a matter of developing a case that's the smallest it can be for fitment and clearance purposes.

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

masonh

Established Member
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have been wanting to get a larger blower for my 2013 without modding hood or lowering the motor.

Is the 3.3TVS supposed to fit under 2013 hood with no mods? If so count me in.

carguy19

Established Member
I
The costs and logistics of offering an upgraded rod will not be anywhere the Track Pack to Ford, but the margin mark up could be way up there. I bet they could sell the rod upgrade for near $2,000 all day long at a material cost of below $500 to Ford, plus a bit of overhead and inventory control

From your mouth to gods ears. I wish they had this. I would have ordered it. Even w a stock blower, it would have been a nice piece of mind item.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Not any time soon....sorry guys, I wish it were the opposite. Buuuuuuuut look for some new hardware from vmp early 2014 its in the process as we speak....I was sworn to secrecy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread