2v procharged guys come in here PLEASE

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Fyi, my ProCharger stock BOV went bad on me and ended up surging the head unit so bad I had to replace the head unit (sent the P1SC off to ProCharger and replaced for a D1SC).

I now run a Vortech mini race valve, the extra insurance is worth it and the Vortech mini race valve is over a hundred bones cheaper than the Procharger Big Red Race valve. It's not my DD so I like that it sounds like an airplane or train coming.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
Fyi, my ProCharger stock BOV went bad on me and ended up surging the head unit so bad I had to replace the head unit (sent the P1SC off to ProCharger and replaced for a D1SC).

I now run a Vortech mini race valve, the extra insurance is worth it and the Vortech mini race valve is over a hundred bones cheaper than the Procharger Big Red Race valve. It's not my DD so I like that it sounds like an airplane or train coming.

oh wow are you serious? what are the differences between all the different BOVs? this is my DD so i dont NEED anything to crazy

sb04gt

Established Member
That would make it easier. I know it maybe a little more expensive to go that route instead of picking up a 100 dollar lightning or cobra maf, but this way you dont have to worry about pegging the meter out and having to buy a mafia like I did.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
procharger oil... is there something special about it or can i just go to autozone and grab some? if so what should i buy?

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
Agreed...I'd only use procharger oil. Also, glad to see you went with a different bypass since you plan to vent it to the atmosphere...no leakage issues. Should be pretty bad ass once your finished!

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
good question...you may want to call and ask procharger unless someone else is running the same size pulley as you. rockauto.com has good prices on gates belts and you can usually find a discount code for 5% off or so.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
well a month later this dude is still workin in my car... he wants to ask "how your spark plugs are gapped?" i dont know what that shit means so a lil help would be appreciated

Last edited:

00BlackGT

Established Member
im gapped at .035, the wider you can go the better your idle quality.

But if you go to wide you will blow out your spark at high rpms.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
thanks guys... I think he said he was going to gap them .038 is that too high? i just told him that u guys recommmending .032

Users who are viewing this thread