2v procharged guys come in here PLEASE

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
those are good numbers REDFIRE!!

wonder what ill make with the edlebrock intake (have 75mm tb and accufab plenum) 10# pulley and LT's. I was going to buy a short block from MMR during tax time but I thought id wait till the summer... NOW i decided im just going to forge my internals with my income tax and save a couple bux. damn i keep changing my mind LOL, thank you guys for all your help... keep the good info coming!!!

Last edited:

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
Thanks guys...I was definitely happy with the numbers. It was a cold night when I got it tuned so the weather helped out. I think it was like 60 degrees in the shop and like 35 degrees outside.

dteal I'd guess you'll be around 440 with those mods on 10lbs...hope you get a good tune :banana:

bowtie - I've often wondered what 10lbs would get me too! I might have to get a different pulley and a re tune once I get bored!

Last edited:

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
Thanks guys...I was definitely happy with the numbers. It was a cold night when I got it tuned so the weather helped out. I think it was like 60 degrees in the shop and like 35 degrees outside.

dteal I'd guess you'll be around 440 with those mods on 10lbs...hope you get a good tune :banana:

bowtie - I've often wondered what 10lbs would get me too! I might have to get a different pulley and a re tune once I get bored!

hahaha no shit huh:beer::lol: man i hope it doesnt blow on the dyno lol

Bybowtie

BOOSTED
Established Member
Yeah I have a job ligned up that pays pretty well, look for a build thread from me soon. Gonna be a good one lol. Dude just forge it if your gona do that first and throw the boost at it. Or save and send your P1 for a D1 upgrade then spin the hell out of it.

sb04gt

Established Member
I just figured my stuff out. I talked to my tuner and several others including rick at amazon and I am maxing out the duty cycle on my focus pump with the boosta pump on it. They all said the focus pumps do not like boosta pumps and they have a high failure rate. So I have done a lot of research and I think I am goin with a gt supercar pump. They can support a lot of power and I don't have to run the boosta pump on It anymore. If you only run one you don't have to upgrade the fuel pump driver module. Get that in from tousley and then its back to the dyno.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
I just figured my stuff out. I talked to my tuner and several others including rick at amazon and I am maxing out the duty cycle on my focus pump with the boosta pump on it. They all said the focus pumps do not like boosta pumps and they have a high failure rate. So I have done a lot of research and I think I am goin with a gt supercar pump. They can support a lot of power and I don't have to run the boosta pump on It anymore. If you only run one you don't have to upgrade the fuel pump driver module. Get that in from tousley and then its back to the dyno.

kool do that and turn that up a notch. how much that pump cost? how much hp is a 255lph pump good to? I cant find my damn lighting mass air (have had it for 3 years sitting in the garage), if i dont find it what MAF should I go with?

sb04gt

Established Member
The supercar pump usually goes for about $150. Not sure, but most people can get over 400 out of them. I might have just gotten hold of a weak pump or something. Lighting maf or cobra maf would be good for you.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
got my intake... yessssss!!!!!!!
102_0136.jpg
[/IMG]

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
The supercar pump usually goes for about $150. Not sure, but most people can get over 400 out of them. I might have just gotten hold of a weak pump or something. Lighting maf or cobra maf would be good for you.

i have a lightning... i was asking if there was a better one to buy for this set up, im didnt wanna buy the same thing twice

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
yeah, it shouldn't be all that much. I think I spent $70 on the hardware I needed but that included the $30 offset bracket that you already have. I didn't need the idler pulley though either.

do you not have the inlet pipe and filter? My kit didn't come with one but I got lucky and found one on a local forum for $35. It was for a mach 1 but it worked on my GT. I priced it out with Procharger and it was $170 for the pipe and filter. May as well just buy a power pipe.

I wouldn't run just the filter...the procharger pipe has a bung for the bov recirculation. The stock procharger valve is meant to be recirculated.

i just got off the phone with procharger and the tech told me that the hardware kit plus the idler pulley was 90 bux... i told him that i already had the offset bracket, mayb he didnt hear me. then i asked how much was all the tubing and he said 400...lol nah its kool mmy buddy said he will do it for me but i was just curious. how many nuts screws bolts ans shit do i need ? think id rather run to a hardware store:lol1:

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
you could get stuff from a hardware store...it would just be easier to get it all from procharger because you'll get all the right size washers, bolts etc. They do overcharge for most of it but at least you know you are doing it right. If you don't have an instruction manual at least get that from procharger as it will tell you the size bolts and all that you need.

BTW - I'm running an aviator pump which was about $300 from rock auto but that fits and runs in our stock basket without any modification. Plus I don't need a boost a pump. I haven't heard how much these are good to but my tuner said it was not maxed and I'm making 403hp/404ft lbs. So with my pump plus a boost a pump I'd imagine it would be good for 500+ hp.

sb04gt

Established Member
The manual will have a list of all the required hardware that you will need. Just wait until you get the manual and make a trip to the hardwar store and get everything you need in one wack. It doesnt really matter as far as the maf goes. The lightning or the cobra will work just fine, but you will probibly have to get a mafia for it anyways do to pegging the meter out. You could always get a sct meter too though.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
The manual will have a list of all the required hardware that you will need. Just wait until you get the manual and make a trip to the hardwar store and get everything you need in one wack. It doesnt really matter as far as the maf goes. The lightning or the cobra will work just fine, but you will probibly have to get a mafia for it anyways do to pegging the meter out. You could always get a sct meter too though.

thats wat im going to do and go to home depot. do you always need a mafia when usung the lightining maf at x amount of hp?

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
where would the bpv go on the set up in this pic? I know it ussually goes on the intake tube
IMGP0750-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

sb04gt

Established Member
It is down below where you cant see it. The pipe coming off of the bottom of the headunit is called the discharge pipe. It is about half way down that tube. the bypass comes off of there and the hose coming off of the bypass valve runs up to the charger intake tube. I am not sure as far as the maf"s go. The majority of them that I have seen are using the mafia"s.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
It is down below where you cant see it. The pipe coming off of the bottom of the headunit is called the discharge pipe. It is about half way down that tube. the bypass comes off of there and the hose coming off of the bypass valve runs up to the charger intake tube. I am not sure as far as the maf"s go. The majority of them that I have seen are using the mafia"s.

thanx man...
offset bracket just came. ordered the idler pulley assembly, tesh said it came with some bracket... or did i just need the idler pulley? just doduble checking.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
If the idler assembly came with a bracket it is probibly the off set bracket.

i told the tech i didnt need it, and after he told me the price i asked if that was EXCLUDING the offset bracket and he said yes. guess ill wait and see

Users who are viewing this thread