2v procharged guys come in here PLEASE

Bybowtie

BOOSTED
Established Member
Bypass to atmosphere sounds wicked. No way I would recirculate mine again. Its a head turner even at 8 lbs. I can't wait to up my P1 to a D1 and get the Big Red Race Bypass. Good luck man you will enjoy, glad you didn't go with a windup toy box for yours.

sb04gt

Established Member
Yeah I like mine vented to the atmosphere also. I even did some research as far as the procharger bypass valve leaking a lot and decided to get a turboxs valve and now it sounds even better.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
Oh, and you can run your bypass to the atmoshere. You don't have to recirculate it back to the intake. As far as your bottom end goes, you don't have to buy a complete short block if you don't want to. Your block is not a weak link. It will hold a considerable amount of power, probibly far more then 700. Your internals are the weak part. built it up with a cobra crank shaft, and some forged rods and pistons. Your heads will not get you there either though. You will probibly have to opped for some patriot or trickflow heads and some decent blower cams to get you there. It take a lot to make that much power.

kool, thats what i was thinking. well then ill start buying the interals so that way when the summer comes ill be ready to have it all done with ported heads and blower cams. and thats if i even get that far (heads/cams).

Bypass to atmosphere sounds wicked. No way I would recirculate mine again. Its a head turner even at 8 lbs. I can't wait to up my P1 to a D1 and get the Big Red Race Bypass. Good luck man you will enjoy, glad you didn't go with a windup toy box for yours.

sounds great:beer: I was looking at different bov's but i guess its not a must at the begining stages that im at right now..

can either of you guys post a good pic of youre bypas valve setup? Im just tryin to get as much info and pics as i can so this weekend when we get started it can go as smooth as possible. my buddy is doing all the work so anything I can do to help is good (pics, little tips or hints from u guys ect...)

sb04gt

Established Member
I dont have any pictures of my bypass at the moment, and my car is in the garage and it is colder than hell right now lol. It doesnt matter where you route it, you can do it where ever you want to. All it is is a hose style fitting coming off of the discharge pipe that you attach a peace of 1 1/2" hose to and then your bypass valve. you will see what i mean when you start installing it. you will also need a peice of vacuum hose to run from the valve to any vacuum line under the hood. There is a lot of vacuum line sources over on the passenger side. I will see if I can possibly get some pics tomarrow.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
So you guys are venting the procharger proflow bypass to the atmosphere? I'd like to see pictures of this too. The reason I wouldn't do this is because valve leaks as the plate inside doesn't seal completely...if you look through it you can easily see this. I would get the big red race valve or another valve that is meant to be vented to the atmosphere. Just my 2 cents.

sb04gt

Established Member
It doesn't matter wether you recirculate the valve or not, if it leaks then it leaks. When I got my kit I held the procharger valve up to the light and saw light around the disk and I went ahead and ordered a turboxs valve. It seems to work farely well and it is a piston type valve so leakage isn't a problem. Hellion runs turboxs valves on all their kits.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
ok kool. i dont wanna start a cat fight fellas. kool, thanks for all the knowledge. So SB04gt what is your set up? how is the DD gas comsumption? 1/4 time? i cant wait to install this thing...

sb04gt

Established Member
Na man, not tryin to start no conflicts, just sharein my knowledge and past experiences for what is worth lol. My car is a 04 sonic blue gt with a intercooled p1sc kit, cobra maf, 42 pound green tops, svt focus pump with a boosta pump, turboxs h34 bypass, stock bottom end, catless h-pipe, and dynomax mufflers. 365/377 on a very conservitive tune. Never run it at the track. Just a fun street car to tinker with.

Swaie

Established Member
Na man, not tryin to start no conflicts, just sharein my knowledge and past experiences for what is worth lol. My car is a 04 sonic blue gt with a intercooled p1sc kit, cobra maf, 42 pound green tops, svt focus pump with a boosta pump, turboxs h34 bypass, stock bottom end, catless h-pipe, and dynomax mufflers. 365/377 on a very conservitive tune. Never run it at the track. Just a fun street car to tinker with.

Wow man, I'm running about just about the same set up...without a bap, bbk x-pipe, and dynomax catback, Lightning maf, 50# injectors, Bought the pump from procharger. Those dynomax soound pretty damn good don't they!!! I love mine. Mine is a daily driver, and I get about 20mpg.

sb04gt

Established Member
Yeah man I love mine too. Nice numbers man. - haven't figured out why my power is so low yet. It was tuned by a very reputable tuner in my area and I told him that I wanted a safe tune and this is what I got. I am thinking of taking it to another tuner and see what he thinks. I am running a 10 pound pulley and seeing 10 on my gauge. Its kind of frustrating in a way. Oh well. Do you know what kind of timing you are running on your car?

Bybowtie

BOOSTED
Established Member
Not bad, mine with a P1SC, green tops, the 255 pump from procharger, diablosport mafia, catless h-pipe and magnapacks made 365 rwhp and 395 rwtq at 7lbs. I love mine so hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
yeah thats what i want also i think im goig to end up wanting more power later on. i know how i get LOL

Wow man, I'm running about just about the same set up...without a bap, bbk x-pipe, and dynomax catback, Lightning maf, 50# injectors, Bought the pump from procharger. Those dynomax soound pretty damn good don't they!!! I love mine. Mine is a daily driver, and I get about 20mpg.
thats good gas milage, thats what i was hoping to get

Not bad, mine with a P1SC, green tops, the 255 pump from procharger, diablosport mafia, catless h-pipe and magnapacks made 365 rwhp and 395 rwtq at 7lbs. I love mine so hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
thanx man im sure i will

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
when you get into modding you always want more! It's interesting hearing everyone's setups. I'd never heard of anyone running the proflo venting to the atmosphere. I wonder what it would sound like.

I'm making 403hp/404ft lbs on a conservative tune at 7.5 lbs of boost. Mods are in my sig and I'm running 42lb injectors, aviator fuel pump and lightning maf + mafia. I've been getting like 15 mpg but I just got the kit installed and haven't taken it out for just a cruise to see what it could get under normal driving conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread