2nd SoCal Tune Day

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
I will be there! Now, I don't really know what exactly I need but I would like to doa 2.93 pulley and get a tune done with the predator, do you think I could be out of there for less then $800 for predator, a safe tune with a 2.93, pulley and idler setup? Thanks guys, I just turned 800 miles and the mods are going to start goin in! :)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
if you get a regular presson pulley, those can be had for about 60. if you want the interchangeable setup that's about 160. a single upper idler will run anywhere from 100-130, switching out all the idlers can run around 200 or so. don't forget a new belt and probably plugs too. there's a couple of us here w/ pulley pullers so we can help w/ that.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by NukeX
I will be there! Now, I don't really know what exactly I need but I would like to doa 2.93 pulley and get a tune done with the predator, do you think I could be out of there for less then $800 for predator, a safe tune with a 2.93, pulley and idler setup? Thanks guys, I just turned 800 miles and the mods are going to start goin in! :)

Not sure how much the Predator is :shrug:

Swansons will pertty much program a tune for u with ur set up & u can adjust ur A/F & some other stuff therafter.

2.90 RR Pulley & 2 x 100 Metco Idlers with 745 Gates Belt works.
2.90 RR Pulley & 1 x 100 Tension Idlers with 740 Gates Belt works.
2.90 RR Pulley & no Idlers...uhm sit like the stock ones sit on the Tensioner. 740 Gates Belt.....( Some ones to cheap about going back on the Rollers so i wish i had more info to give u on that. )

The RR Pulley's are damn good. Sonic Venum has a damn fast car with it & so does Jonas.

:beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
and then there's me who can't launch worth a shit. ;-)

:bash: My bad....forgot the FuShnickens :bash:

Nah for the 2nd time to the track, u did damn good hitting the 12's :beer:

Allan ur set up is what by chance?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
2.75rr, 100mm billetflow upper idler, 740 gates belt, tr-6's gapped at .035.

installing the tb really changed how the car responds. i just can't mash the peddle anymore. :lol:

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
2.90 RR Pulley & 2 x 100 Metco Idlers with 745 Gates Belt works.

Sounds safe to me. Basically I want the safest/best setup I can get for Around $1,000. I really don't know all that much about these cars, so I really just want to drive it in there with the cat-back exhaust I have on it, get the pulley/idlers put on, and drive it out with a safe tune w/ the predator, having been checked on the dyno. I think the predator is around $400?

yermo

Established Member
Predator is going to run about $400 (based on the GM version pricing).
Poisonous Mods, i have a RR 2.75 with idler does he have anything already for that. i would like to get two tunes like you were talking about one for the track and one for the street. i guess we will just have to wait to see how many tunes you can store in the Predator. i know that it is going to come with two tunes in it, so it seems reasonable to think that you could delete those two tunes and store your own personal two tunes?? should be fun!!!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Seems Possible Dennis :thumbsup: Swansons was talking about inputting a program into the Predator & u can play with it.

Steve, the Metco Idlers i got them from JDM. 125 for the 2 idlers. Belt was like 40bucks or some thing like that. Now the RR Pulleys not sure on the price but should be like 125 or so.

300.00 bucks or so should do it....hope Allan can give u some further options.

:thumbsup:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
if you get the upper idler it costs a little more than the other aux ones because of the bracket. my upper idler actually cost more than the other 2 aux idlers combined. :shrug: the rr is 135 from amazon.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Well the Aux Idlers were the easiest thing to do. Mine was a PITA to get the belt working.

Jonas car took like 15mins or so ;-)
13mm sockets & the stock ones come out with no problems. Bolting them on also was a swap. Always helps when u have some one around.

Well Allan ur set up with the Upper is a Bling Bling type of deal :D

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
:lol: nah, you don't need to. it seems that it backs itself out just fine. besides, dsg is a little more different than white. ;-)

yermo

Established Member
FuShnickens, have you had your car dynoed do you have any numbers with that setup and who did your tune??(sorry if i missed the numbers). i am going to have the same setup and wanted to get some info.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
w/ the 2.75 upper, 100mm idler, 12" k&n, and stinger exhaust i got 446/462 sae. socaldiablo did my tune. no new numbers w/ the prochamber and throttlebody yet.

i also noticed that the tuners here would rather tune you w/ the stock mass air so hopefully you still have it around just in case whoever you go to requests that you put it back on.

yermo

Established Member
i do still have the stock mass air. thanks for the info. nice numbers!! i can't wait to get it all installed and tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread