2nd 9 sec pass and new best ---TT Cobra

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
lol, you ran faster then the race car.

Sweet set up, what made you go th400 over something else?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome car you have there. Nice TT setup, too.

As far as him beating the purpose built racer in the other lane, let's remember that any factory racer can be beat with enough motor and money. So it shouldn't be a shock to see it happen here. ETs were close but it didn't have enough to beat the TT. What I'd like to know is what happened to the other car at the line. It must have had some launch issue because it was a couple of seconds before it launched.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Okay, looking at the 2nd video I can see that the other car was handicapped. Was this a bracket race? Since the TT car had a quicker ET I would have thought his dial-in would have been lower than the TT. No?

My94GT

Established Member
Okay, looking at the 2nd video I can see that the other car was handicapped. Was this a bracket race? Since the TT car had a quicker ET I would have thought his dial-in would have been lower than the TT. No?

if im not mistaken he dialed in real high because he has no cage :beer:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

easily one of the baddest 03 cobra's out there and on SVT

Best part about those runs is you destroyed that purpose built dragster in full street trim...all that noise...and the parachute...still couldn't run the same times as you

Bad ass bro, hat's off to you :rockon:

BLK_03

Established Member
if im not mistaken he dialed in real high because he has no cage :beer:

That is correct.

My dial was a 13.02 since I only got to run one qualifying pass. I launched to make sure the suspension was dialed and to ensure the track would hold 25 pounds in 1st gear. After it did, I let out, and putted down the track to a 13.02 which became my dial. The video is the first round of eliminations. My tree actually dropped well before I left... I was sitting at the starting line on the transbrake trying to build a little boost. The other racer was Don Bowles, sponsored by every big name in NMRA racing....FRPP, Roush, etc... He let out as well, because he knew I broke out by over 3 seconds, lol.

I went there for the sole purpose of taking advantage of the world class track prep and running a personal best.

BLK_03

Established Member
lol, you ran faster then the race car.

Sweet set up, what made you go th400 over something else?

I destroyed the T56 three times.

I was deciding between :

-4R70W
-Powerglide
-TH400

I knew the 4r70 wouldn't hold up to the power... I don't care what anyone says... Lenntech or not... it will require CONSTANT maintenance

The Powerglide would be an awesome choice...if the car was lighter.

But with the car being full weight, the Th400 was the obvious choice.

Users who are viewing this thread