2nd 9 sec pass and new best ---TT Cobra

Jefe

Established Member
Sick.

Story on the Drag Pak? Did he hit the brakes early and its a low 8 second car??

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
jesus and full weight! Props on that build, you usually see race shops pulling numbers like that. 8.90's I forsee w/ a harder launch easy

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Very nice build you got there. I will be coming home to STL Aug. 5TH send me a PM if you plan on running there anytime soon I love to go to Gateway when im in town.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Went to Joliet NMRA/NMCA this weekend to take advantage of the prep.

I REALLY need to work on the launch. The 2 step is set at 4100RPM and it will build about 12 pounds there. The problem is, when I get the car staged, I let go of the transbrake before I even get on the 2 step. I'm still thinking the IRS is back there and I need to be gentle, lol.

This is with the boost spiking to 26#s then leveling off to 25. The launch is about 5#s. I'm also pushing through the converter. I pedaled a couple times at the end of the track to avoid banging on the limiter too long, so there is more in it, with nothing more than a converter change. A good 60' and a little tighter converter and 8's here we come!

YouTube - BLK 03 2nd 9 sec pass

I was there all weekend im from niles, michigan which is 5 min fron Notre Dame and or 2 hours from joliet,il. Beautiful pass and your car eco's real good off the main building.

Last edited:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
LOL @ the full weight street/strip car running faster than the purpose built drag car next to him. That always makes me laugh

That is one badass Cobra :beer: :rockon: :burnout:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Silver KB Cobra right?

Good talkin with you guys! I need to get the car legal so I don't have to worry about getting thrown out during those qualifying passes, lol.

ha ha... i know right. all around great car, and for sure one of the sickest none caged cars i've ever seen!

Last edited:

BLK_03

Established Member
Whats your interior like? gutted? or is it still full interior? Awesome time! you will clip 8's in no time!

Hell no.

Everything Ford put in, is still there. EVERYTHING. Seats, A/C, windows, airbags, power brakes and steering, radio... everything. Car weighs a touch over 3700 with me in it.

Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread