2025 RAM 1500 | MotorWeek Road Test

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Agreed, there's a reason you rarely see someone replace an ECOBOOST truck with another ECOBOOST. Myself included.

That said, my father just traded in his ECOBOOST on a 2018 coyote, I thought for sure it had rod knock but according to the dealer, it's cam phasers and very common for them to be noisy.

I traded my 2016 3.5 eco for a 2022 3.5 eco, and happily, I love the performance, especially out West in the mountains.

andymarkv

Established Member
You'll notice one thing missing from that video that was prominently displayed in all things TRX related...the engine soundtrack.

I totally get the turbo I6 has many advantages that outweigh engine sound. But it kind of reminds me of super foods that taste bad...I eat them because my mind can rationalize the overall benefits, even if the experience isn't 100% perfect.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The only appealing thing about the RHO is the base price.
Same suspension, less power.

The TRX to me handled jumps like a Gen 1 Raptor. Nose heavy and the rear liked to buck out. 150lbs less engine weight should help with the nose diving a bit, but sort of bummed they virtually kept the same suspension.

andymarkv

Established Member
I will agree that it could be strong competition for the current regular Raptor just based on price and consumers typical use of trucks like this.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Based on the exhaust on my M4, people buying the RAM are going to have a lot easier time getting a good sounding exhaust. Every V6 aftermarket exhaust I have heard for my 3.5 eco sounds awful.

Users who are viewing this thread