2023 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Lions won should take the North but I don't see them going far in the playoffs.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Different qb, same results. With every week you think the Pats offense can't get any worse but you would be wrong. Blanked by the horrible Chargers defense. Just pathetic.
That was an NHL final score..... Defense sure did their job to give up only 6 points.......... Talk about a boring game..... The pats punter is pretty decent....

VegasMichael

Established Member
The NFL is a joke.
I'm starting to think so too.
I can't remember a year where there were so many shitty teams. You watch them and they just suck. Teams are firing coaches mid-season, going through multiple quarterbacks, so many blown coverages and missed tackles. Yellow flags on every other play.
I wonder if the huge contracts these guys get now is somehow partially responsible. When a guy becomes a multi-millionaire with a stroke of a pen with some of it even guaranteed for some players, you wonder how much motivation they really have anymore.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm starting to think so too.
I can't remember a year where there were so many shitty teams. You watch them and they just suck. Teams are firing coaches mid-season, going through multiple quarterbacks, so many blown coverages and missed tackles. Yellow flags on every other play.
I wonder if the huge contracts these guys get now is somehow partially responsible. When a guy becomes a multi-millionaire with a stroke of a pen with some of it even guaranteed for some players, you wonder how much motivation they really have anymore.
I dont watch the nfl in great detail but seems to be an issue in all sports - everyone seems to expect instant success and can't help but think this hurts development (players and coaches) in the long run. I do think all this guaranteed money and long contracts is ridiculous, especially for coaches. The amount of dead money on fired coaching staffs has to exceed the GDP of many smaller countries.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I dont watch the nfl in great detail but seems to be an issue in all sports - everyone seems to expect instant success and can't help but think this hurts development (players and coaches) in the long run. I do think all this guaranteed money and long contracts is ridiculous, especially for coaches. The amount of dead money on fired coaching staffs has to exceed the GDP of many smaller countries.
I wish these contracts were more back-end loaded with more provisions.
And the NBA is ridiculous with their top players getting off days/rest days on game days. WTF is that??? Makes me feel for the man who takes his son to a game or two and they look forward to seeing their favorite player and he's in street clothes on the bench.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
And the NBA is ridiculous with their top players getting off days/rest days on game days. WTF is that??? Makes me feel for the man who takes his son to a game or two and they look forward to seeing their favorite player and he's in street clothes on the bench.
Should be performance based.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Players have become a bunch of whiny bitches. Goodell has ruined the league with his rule changes and the way he handled the kneeling thing. Refs are either blind or on the take (personally, I think it's the latter). From what I can tell, the whole thing is choreographed.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I used to go to basketball games a lot.. I haven’t in years, it started to get that harlem globe trotters feel to it, lol… like I was watching a WWE match…

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_6978.jpeg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I say he be lucky to make any pass over 20+ yards with those toothpick arms.
Yeah those are pipe cleaners… lol… but then again Tom Brady had twigs too.. big arms don’t necc mean anything when it comes to throwing a football or hurling a 100mph fastball..its about muscle recruitment in the chain and of course arm speed and coordination…

IMG_6996.jpeg

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jake Browning looked pretty damn good in only his 2nd start ever when the Bengals beat the Jags.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Patrick Mahomes is a sore loser. Like cmon dude, take the L instead of bitching like your wife for a correct call. Bout damn time refs dont bailled the Chiefs lol

Josh Allen's face was priceless lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread