2023 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The NFL will now be in England, Germany, Mexico, and Brazil next year…when will it change to the IFL? The greed of this league will be its downfall…may not seem like it now…
I can kinda see the appeal south of the border and even in England, but Germany…lmfao

All the fans in Mexico will be Dallas Cowboys fans :ROFLMAO::p

VegasMichael

Established Member
The NFL will now be in England, Germany, Mexico, and Brazil next year…when will it change to the IFL? The greed of this league will be its downfall…may not seem like it now…
I don't mind them playing a few games overseas but I don't want to see a franchise being located outside the U.S.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Imo, the only way having an nfl team in Europe will work is if they introduce a whole new 4-team division there.

Bye week ahead of overseas travel. Send 4 American teams over for 4 weeks to play each team, then bring all 8 teams to US with a bye week on return.

Anything else will be unfair in my mind with jet lag. Those European games have been trash. Jags looked like an actual football team when they played and beat the Bills on the Jags' second week over there. Even though, week to week, the bills haven't consistently looked like the bills everyone expected, I don't think jags beat them if that game was in jax or buf.

And sending the chiefs and phins overseas was just terrible. One of top games of the season, if not the top, and you're gonna put it in Germany? Smh

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
The games in London are packed to the top. I never would have guessed that American football would draw attention over there.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
The games in London are packed to the top. I never would have guessed that American football would draw attention over there.
This. They are so deep into soccer, it's crazy that American football garners any support. I suppose it's just an excuse to drink beer.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
When their Premier League is on the fans just wear the jerseys and sing songs but when NFL games play they paint faces and kinda go crazy like over here. Makes me laugh how they get into it. The Premier League is killer if you like soccer, I watch it more than American football.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Imo, the only way having an nfl team in Europe will work is if they introduce a whole new 4-team division there.

Bye week ahead of overseas travel. Send 4 American teams over for 4 weeks to play each team, then bring all 8 teams to US with a bye week on return.

Anything else will be unfair in my mind with jet lag. Those European games have been trash. Jags looked like an actual football team when they played and beat the Bills on the Jags' second week over there. Even though, week to week, the bills haven't consistently looked like the bills everyone expected, I don't think jags beat them if that game was in jax or buf.

And sending the chiefs and phins overseas was just terrible. One of top games of the season, if not the top, and you're gonna put it in Germany? Smh
They had NFL Europe which died because of little interest, although it was a developmental league. I'm not sure American rules football is even played in a lot of other countries in their schools. Having one or two games a year in a country is not the same as having a team located there. I'm not sure the fan base is there. It's not like baseball and basketball and soccer which is played almost everywhere.

There might be trouble signing and drafting marquee players from the U.S. since many might not want to live/play overseas.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
FB_IMG_1702580797202.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
They had NFL Europe which died because of little interest, although it was a developmental league. I'm not sure American rules football is even played in a lot of other countries in their schools. Having one or two games a year in a country is not the same as having a team located there. I'm not sure the fan base is there. It's not like baseball and basketball and soccer which is played almost everywhere.

There might be trouble signing and drafting marquee players from the U.S. since many might not want to live/play overseas.
Like Disney Europe :ROFLMAO:

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member

I think part of it was that NFL Europe was a 2nd tier league so that's like watching USFL over here. I also agree that part of it is the novelty of the limited games there. But it is the real NFL and regular season so the games count. I think NFL Europe did create English American football fans that keep up and watch the games that are played here just like Americans like me who follow the English Premier League.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread