2022 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That guy is one of the smartest guys in the league. He's probably made a fortune and the first hit he got he jumped on the concussion protocol.

The smartest guy is Chase Daniel.

EX_WImCXYAADRT4.jpg:large

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So I've made a few visits to the University of Buffalo Medical Group for an x-ray and then an MRI on my knee. Yesterday, I finally met with a surgeon. He happens to be on the Buffalo Bills staff and was there on the field saving Damar Hamlin's life. Great guy, and I'm now scheduled for surgery. Before the end of my appointment I thanked him for what he did. It kind of stopped him in his tracks for a minute and we talked about it. I mentioned that having gone through a couple of heart surgeries now that I could relate to what I heard he went through. I said that one of the things that seemed odd to me was that he was still on oxygen. He said he can't go into it but intimated that what you read and what you hear doesn't tell the whole story. I did not get the sense that he'd be coming back to play.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Something else, I mentioned about how the sportscasters had said there had never been an on-field event like it in the NFL. I said I Googled it during the game and learned that Chuck Hughes, a Detroit Lion, died on the field during a game in 1971 and that the game continued. Surgeon said he had never heard of that either.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not surprised to hear about him still needing/using oxygen. The initial report after he started speaking was that his full recovery would take a long period of time. We're only, what, a month after his heart episode? I would expect he'll be on oxygen for awhile before he'll be strong enough (cardio-wise) to function totally on his own.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not surprised to hear about him still needing/using oxygen. The initial report after he started speaking was that his full recovery would take a long period of time. We're only, what, a month after his heart episode? I would expect he'll be on oxygen for awhile before he'll be strong enough (cardio-wise) to function totally on his own.

I hear what you're saying...but is lungs are fine, theoretically. I think there's some underlying health issues that were either known/unknown before this happened.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Many of you are missing what actually happened to Damar Hamlin.

We saw it in Bloodsport.

We saw it in Kill Bill.

We saw it in many Shaw Brothers movies.

Damar got the Dim Mak.

The touch of death.

Death blow.

He was lucky someone was there to revive him.

VegasMichael

Established Member
That guy is one of the smartest guys in the league. He's probably made a fortune and the first hit he got he jumped on the concussion protocol.
I hear people trashing third or fourth stringers in the NFL. I'm of the mindset that as long as a professional league wants to pay you to stay, you stay. I mean I think the NFL minimum salary is like 5 or 600k so look at how many years he's been in the league.

Stay till they tell you to go away.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I hear people trashing third or fourth stringers in the NFL. I'm of the mindset that as long as a professional league wants to pay you to stay, you stay. I mean I think the NFL minimum salary is like 5 or 600k so look at how many years he's been in the league.

Stay till they tell you to go away.
100%
Being a backup qb would be one of the greatest jobs ever.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Selling the call or not he was clearly out when he got shoved, low IQ play
Oh it was a dumb ****ing move for sure, but it probably would not have been called had he not flopped. Terrible officiating that night, the creative officiating call that gave the chiefs another bite at the apple on 3rd down was the worst. I will hold my nose and hope the eagles kill the chiefs…that and I hope some eagles fan stabs that little tiktok making ****** brother of mahomes.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh it was a dumb ****ing move for sure, but it probably would not have been called had he not flopped. Terrible officiating that night, the creative officiating call that gave the chiefs another bite at the apple on 3rd down was the worst. I will hold my nose and hope the eagles kill the chiefs…that and I hope some eagles fan stabs that little tiktok making ****** brother of mahomes.

Eh I felt the same way about the 3rd down call. But ultimately when they showed the replay of the line judge running in with his hands up and blowing the whistle before the ball was snapped, I changed my opinion.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This could be a good thing. What do yall thinkView attachment 1779123

I think it's a great move on his part, and for the Broncos. Definitely just raised the caliber of the AFC-West.

And so it ends....

I couldn't imagine going 8-8 was worth losing his marriage over. Maybe they can work things out now.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I think it's a great move on his part, and for the Broncos. Definitely just raised the caliber of the AFC-West.

I couldn't imagine going 8-8 was worth losing his marriage over. Maybe they can work things out now.
I think they are both seeing other people already which makes me believe him playing another season wasn't the only issue in that house.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hear what you're saying...but is lungs are fine, theoretically. I think there's some underlying health issues that were either known/unknown before this happened.
Oh, I do believe his lungs are fine. He is likely receiving oxygen (carefully measured) to prevent brain (neuron) cell damage as a result of his extended cardiac arrest event. Decreased blood flow leads to inadequate oxygen delivery, and that results in the brain tissue damage after the CA, if the brain can't maintain its energy demands. It's called 'ischemic insult' to the brain tissue. Patients who experienced CA can develop hypoxic brain injury after the return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) after resuscitation. This explains why he needed oxygen administration after his cardiac arrest (CA). And why he'd likely need oxygen administration for a period of time. By the way, too much oxygen can cause brain cell dysfunction, which is why the levels of oxygen and length of time are so important in these cases. Remember, it took quite a lot of time to resuscitate him. I'm not a medical professional, but blood oxygenation after the resuscitation was critical for him to prevent brain damage, and oxygen administration will still be important for a period of time. IMO this is what will ultimately return him to a normal life. Whether or not he'll ever play football again remains to be seen. If it was me, I'd carefully abide by the treatment(s) and pass on a football future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread