2021 Ram TRX

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess you could say it is aftermarket but I would consider it an official Ford product. Roush and Shelby are Ford in-house performance divisions so it’s not like a random 3rd party aftermarket company like SCA putting black widow kits on every truck model.
No, Roush and Shelby are outside 3rd party partners.

Ford has zero ownership in them and no control over their products.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
^^Cliffs???
I'm going to guess the tuned Raptors either beat the stock TRX or come really, really close.

kaz109

Established Member
A tuned Raptor on 37’s is half a truck behind the TRX so on stock tires I would bet it would be half a truck ahead of a TRX so the narrative that the Gen 3 needs to be a blown V8 to overtake the TRX is false

blk02edge

Established Member
^ id imagine stock TRX vs tuned Raptor will be door to door on the same size tire.

Not sure why im discussing drag racing of half ton offroad trucks but, why not lol.

kaz109

Established Member
^ id imagine stock TRX vs tuned Raptor will be door to door on the same size tire.

Not sure why im discussing drag racing of half ton offroad trucks but, why not lol.

if you look at my previous post you would see I agree with you. It’s something I care about the least but this single minded group likes this talking point and I currently have time to waste lol

Honestly if the Gen 3 had 550hp ( NA V8 or Ecoboost) and had 16in of suspension travel and a 37in tire option I would be sold .

blk02edge

Established Member
if you look at my previous post you would see I agree with you. It’s something I care about the least but this single minded group likes this talking point and I currently have time to waste lol

Honestly if the Gen 3 had 550hp ( NA V8 or Ecoboost) and had 16in of suspension travel and a 37in tire option I would be sold .
Yea, I know.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

We race everything in America. Quarter mile performance is one of the biggest selling points down here.

blk02edge

Established Member
We race everything in America. Quarter mile performance is one of the biggest selling points down here.
Same up here, drag racing is definitely more accessible for most people. I get it, Im just usually not interested anymore

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Same up here, drag racing is definitely more accessible for most people. I get it, Im just usually not interested anymore

When it comes to these monsters then Im not as interested unless they post up something stupid quick.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
A tuned Raptor on 37’s is half a truck behind the TRX so on stock tires I would bet it would be half a truck ahead of a TRX so the narrative that the Gen 3 needs to be a blown V8 to overtake the TRX is false
So...that tuned Raptor was also running race fuel.
So run both on the same fuel and it just gets worse, in favor of the TRX again.

Narratives be damned, facts prevail.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

Just goes to show how powerful those supercharged 6.2 engines are! To move a truck of that weight pretty quickly.

blk02edge

Established Member

How much power difference would there be between 94 and e30 on a tune only application?

kaz109

Established Member

Clearly the point of my post went over your head

kaz109

Established Member

It's a fun talking point but if you are honestly considering the option of buying these vehicles based on 1/4mi times you are an idiot.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

exactly what a cuck’ed ****** would say.... making up excuses for the modded TURBO vehicle that got its ass handed to it by a factory BONE stock truck.... LMAO.

good work there cuck.

Users who are viewing this thread