2021 Ram TRX

ArabianOak

Established Member
Just reading about this in the December car and driver. Insane for a 6800lb truck. Gonna be lots of pissed off mustang and camaro owners. Lololol. Gotta give props to mopar for putting this engine in so many vehicles.

Raptor on the left ram on the right...

AC347B2A-DB0E-488C-9AF0-3EB4D4255FA6.jpeg

72SBC

Established Member
I watched a few test drive vids, it didn’t look like a 3 second 0-60 or a 12 second truck at all. I think those numbers are wrong, I thought a raptor was like a 6.1 0-60?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
should see the raptor guys "barely beat us to 60" comments...like that is not a lifetime in 0-60(if it's accurate)

JCDriller

Established Member
I know people who purchase a TRX will say they don't care about MPG, but if you listen close, you will hear them cursing under their breath. :D

No different than the GT500 crowd or anyone on Ethanol who has to fill up every 100 miles.

JCDriller

Established Member
Well, am in the process of working a trade of a TRX for my new (13 miles) Twister Orange 2020 GT500. If I can do a deal the GT will be gone.

Tell me more. I've currently got a dealer looking to sell me a 2021 GT500 at MSRP, doubt it'll be a CFTP car, but not sure yet. I'm also interested in the TRX, but can't get both in 2021. What was your disappointment in the GT500 or what drove you to make that change?

HD117

Established Member
My GT is a base car with tech, handling, carbon fiber interior packages. I came by the car through a series of trades with the local dealer who also owns the Chrysler dealership. MSRP on the car is 80,200. I will sell the car for MSRP. 13.1 miles on the car and I have all the memorabilia that goes with it. I came from owning a Demon and truth be told never have owned a Ford until now. I really can't comment on the potential of the car as I just drove it home from the dealership. I will say fit and finish are better than my Demon.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, it's a fast truck. It'll take inflated gt500 - like money to buy one. And then 9mpg 93 octane.....

Hell, I curse out loud at the gas station with a 14.x over the life of my Shelby.

of course, I giggle every time I tell someone or stumble across my A Trip which has never reset.

JCDriller

Established Member
My GT is a base car with tech, handling, carbon fiber interior packages. I came by the car through a series of trades with the local dealer who also owns the Chrysler dealership. MSRP on the car is 80,200. I will sell the car for MSRP. 13.1 miles on the car and I have all the memorabilia that goes with it. I came from owning a Demon and truth be told never have owned a Ford until now. I really can't comment on the potential of the car as I just drove it home from the dealership. I will say fit and finish are better than my Demon.

Did you just need a truck or what? They are two very different vehicles. I have 3 mustangs and a build 4R. I'll either get rid of the 4R for the TRX or add the GT500. Not many other people in our situation, I've had a hard time figuring out which way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread