2021 McLaren 765LT at drag strip

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
I own an HCI C6z, shit-for-brains.

They do not weigh 3000lbs

650 is pretty aggressive. Maybe on a mustang dyno set to "hero." Mine did 580 whp and it is built pretty well. Most are ~560.

There is no such thing as an auto c6z.

PS 9.6 144 on a run of the mill HCI hahahah
They weigh ~3150 and with your basic exhaust mods, wheel/tire setup they're gonna drop ~100+. Simple math isn't actually that hard for you, is it? So what does yours trap? I'm guessing high 130s like the other 90% of HCI Zs.

Regardless of all this, you're now saying the Z is MORE efficient than the 720S, you do realize that right? They weigh damn near the same, and you're claiming the Vette traps the same 100 HUNDRED HP less.

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
And it would be nice if we would not retort to name calling or trying to dig up random threads from a year and a half ago that have nothing to do about the discussion... but everyone has different standards for themselves I suppose.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
They weigh ~3150 and with your basic exhaust mods, wheel/tire setup they're gonna drop ~100+. Simple math isn't actually that hard for you, is it? So what does yours trap? I'm guessing high 130s like the other 90% of HCI Zs.

Regardless of all this, you're now saying the Z is MORE efficient than the 720S, you do realize that right? They weigh damn near the same, and you're claiming the Vette traps the same 100 HUNDRED HP less.

Thanks for breaking it down, dumb****. I will be sure to let my car that runs 10.4 know that it really should run 9.6 because some clown on the internet said so.

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
Thanks for breaking it down, dumb****. I will be sure to let my car that runs 10.4 know that it really should run 9.6 because some clown on the internet said so.
RPM are clowns eh? Interesting. And they said 600-650 to trap 143. Why the **** are you talking about ET when our entire discussion has been about power to weight and trap times? You think you can just move the goal posts and throw up your little name-calling signal flares, and it'll be enough to divert my attention?

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
Some of you guys are taking things too personal. All I'm trying to do is state logical reasoning and then I get gang banged by 5 guys claiming I'm wrong, then I provide evidence, then the diversion happens: name calling, digging up old irrelevant threads, acting like they're somehow superior due to the size of their car note, etc. etc.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The argument stems from people acting like the GT500's performance is invalid because it's chassis family resides with a rental car. It's a cop out.

I'm glad you brought up the artistic value. If that's the case, 17+ GT all day. And btw, you can actually double to triple your money instead of watching it get flushed down the toilet with one of the others on the "supercar" marry go round.

No one is saying it is invalid but stock for stock there is no comparison in any way, shape, or form. They are two completely different cars and the argument could be made that both punch above their class, but the one that definitely does is the 720/765 for sure as it is consistent and with just a tire tops the 1500hp AWD Chiron's 9.4 1/4 mile time. That's a car that costs 5-6 times as much as the 765LT, has twice the horsepower, and AWD to boot. The 765LT is blistering fast and efficient with its power which ultimately lends itself to the vehicles weight which is what McLaren stated they were specifically targeting rather than just adding more horsepower to bump up performance numbers.

I've been on here long enough to know that most the members here have very reasonable views on this topic and understand the intricacies and elements that determine what makes each car different or superior. The comparisons you are making doesn't really make any sense because it is such a narrow and specific example. You're comparing racecars which have very little in common with their street car counterparts. There's only been a few supercars in recent years that I can think of that actually share a lot more with their racecar counterparts and that is the 17+ FGT and the Saleen S7. There's probably a few others but those are the two that come to mind.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
modded C7z getting its ass beat

C6ZR1 getting its ass beat

1000 whp C6ZR1 getting its ass beat

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Some of you guys are taking things too personal. All I'm trying to do is state logical reasoning and then I get gang banged by 5 guys claiming I'm wrong, then I provide evidence, then the diversion happens: name calling, digging up old irrelevant threads, acting like they're somehow superior due to the size of their car note, etc. etc.
You didnt provide evidence for shit. You are the typical ricer, "well this car can beat your super car with mods". Cmon bruh, you been here 10 years, still a noob and a ricer and a clown.

None of the cars you mention can achieve what the 720 or 765 can with stock tires. Go ahead, show me any gt500 run a 720 time while being modded on stock tires. Also, ill wait for that 0-60 time of a modded GT500 on stock tires doing @gofast15's car can do.

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
You are not RPM.

Post up some vids of either a C6Z or C7Z beating a 720. There must be a ton, right?

None at the dragstrip because other than Drag Times, nobody even takes their 720 there. And the ones that do just run alone for a personal time.

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
You didnt provide evidence for shit. You are the typical ricer, "well this car can beat your super car with mods". Cmon bruh, you been here 10 years, still a noob and a ricer and a clown.

None of the cars you mention can achieve what the 720 or 765 can with stock tires. Go ahead, show me any gt500 run a 720 time while being modded on stock tires. Also, ill wait for that 0-60 time of a modded GT500 on stock tires doing @gofast15's car can do.
Why do stock tires matter though? It's not like putting a drag radial on the McLaren is going to improve much of anything, the car is launching as hard as it can for it's drivetrain to handle. The tire situation is "somewhat" of a cool factor for the McLaren. GT500s have been launching just fine on a basic set of R888s at the track. On the street, sure they're going to need a Mickey Thompson to put it all down in 1st. At the end of the day they're front engine and heavy weight. However with the right prep and setup on the street there's foxbodies out there that will pull the wheels and out launch a 720, so it's not impossible. It's just more circumstantial.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^Lol, are all of those roll races? I bet none of those cars are even on stock tires. Which is one of the main bragging rights of the mac cars, they dont need tires to run insane times.

Thread is about 765 at the drag strip fordnutrideco continues to talk about racing heavily modified cars with a stock mclaren. And now roll racing!

Why do stock tires matter though? It's not like putting a drag radial on the McLaren is going to improve much of anything, the car is launching as hard as it can for it's drivetrain to handle. The tire situation is "somewhat" of a cool factor for the McLaren. GT500s have been launching just fine on a basic set of R888s at the track. On the street, sure they're going to need a Mickey Thompson to put it all down in 1st. At the end of the day they're front engine and heavy weight. However with the right prep and setup on the street there's foxbodies out there that will pull the wheels and out launch a 720, so it's not impossible. It's just more circumstantial.
Go to drag times YT, he was running low 10s with a stock 720s. He put on R888 tires and got a 9.7 record. Yea tires arent going to improve much. I stopped reading the rest of your bullshit because you are dumb as ****.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Simple math isn't actually that hard for you, is it? So what does yours trap? I'm guessing high 130s like the other 90% of HCI Zs.

I just went through the fast list on my corvette forum. They break down by modifications. There are 79 on the list with full bolts ons + internal modifications. "Internal mods" includes HCI but also includes strokers, pistons, etc. Average is 10.6/133. 66/79 are >10 sec. There are only two that trap >140.

I will be sure to let them know that FordMoCo21, who really knows whats up, thinks they are full of shit.

Last edited:

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
I just went through the fast list on my corvette forum. They break down by modifications. There are 79 on the list with full bolts ons + internal modifications. "Internal mods" includes HCI but also includes strokers, pistons, etc. Average is 10.6/133. 66/79 are >10 sec/139. There are only two that trap >140.

I will be sure to let them know that FordMoCo21, who really knows whats up, thinks they are full of shit.
H/C NA Setup in some good air:
650whp per comment section

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
^Lol, are all of those roll races? I bet none of those cars are even on stock tires. Which is one of the main bragging rights of the mac cars, they dont need tires to run insane times.

Thread is about 765 at the drag strip fordnutrideco continues to talk about racing heavily modified cars with a stock mclaren. And now roll racing!

Go to drag times YT, he was running low 10s with a stock 720s. He put on R888 tires and got a 9.7 record. Yea tires arent going to improve much. I stopped reading the rest of your bullshit because you are dumb as ****.
Nobody else runs these things at the track dude. And WHY are you stuck on the tire thing. If you show up to the drag strip on a summer street tire with over 600whp, then you're clowning. YES the McLaren runs better than others on a street tire, is THAT all it takes for you to want to spend an extra $200k+ for otherwise the same outcome?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Nevermind the stats that I just posted. You found 1 hero run. It is not the exception to the average of 10.6/133 that I just posted, but the rule.

Here is a honda that runs <9 sec @ 156. 1 = all per your logic. By the magic of internet bench racers, all hondas now trap 156.

All of the guys cross shopping hondas and 720s will find this info helpful.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Dynos numbers can be manipulated anyway you want them. If you have a 100 cars and 99% of them with the same mods are making 560-580hp, but then the one remaining car with the same mods is claiming 650hp then there are other factors at play. Companies are trying to sell parts and services in a market full of similar competitors so it could greatly benefit your company if you can stand out and "provide" superior performance numbers. If you think shops don't do that... well I have bad news for you.

The only way you can probably truly verify numbers is by taking a large sample of said vehicle and finding the average, or by utilizing a dyno that is verified to not be manipulated.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Nevermind the stats that I just posted. You found 1 hero run. It is not the exception to the average of 10.6/133 that I just posted, but the rule.

Here is a honda that runs <9 sec @ 156. 1 = all per your logic. By the magic of internet bench racers, all hondas now trap 156.

All of the guys cross shopping hondas and 720s will find this info helpful.

Im surprised he drives a gt500 with 15 inch tires. Why isnt he in a civic or better yet taking the bus? Bus is better yo, it can hold almost 100ppl and generates more money vs a supercar.

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
Let me know when any stock motor McLaren is running an 8.2 or better, or hell even trapping 162+. Who knew a little rental car could be so dominant with a Turbo and a Tire:

Users who are viewing this thread