2018 ZR1 With Minimal Camo

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
An active aero patent was applied for on May 24, 2016 as well. The system controls ride height as well as a moving spoiler, active hood shutters, movable diffusers etc.... it was for a front engine, C7 Corvette variant.

As was mentioned earlier a manufacturer leak that was subsequently pulled showed a Corvette body code with a 6.2 DOHC engine listed in addition to the LT1 and LT4.

Hopefully it's not just another LT4 powered car with more aero. Even if it is, it should be quick regardless.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
An active aero patent was applied for on May 24, 2016 as well. The system controls ride height as well as a moving spoiler, active hood shutters, movable diffusers etc.... it was for a front engine, C7 Corvette variant.

As was mentioned earlier a manufacturer leak that was subsequently pulled showed a Corvette body code with a 6.2 DOHC engine listed in addition to the LT1 and LT4.

Hopefully it's not just another LT4 powered car with more aero. Even if it is, it should be quick regardless.

Nope this ZR-1 is going to have the old moniker LT-5 designation with DOHC but power output is sort of all over the map and GM being tight lipped. I seen as little as 750 HP clear up to 850 for the ratings on this mill.

Rct851

Established Member
Please provide links to all of your data, would like to verify.

If he doesn't provide links it doesn't mean it's wrong. It just means you get to keep moving your arguement in a circle.

And when we're talking track records the times can be way closer than 4 seconds and still be very far from close.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
when asked to compare it to the ACR the GM rep should just say, "what ACR? does Dodge have a new car coming out?"

the ZR1 should be the over the top vette in all ways possible and have the price tag to justify it. active aero would be sick. i hope they set their sights on the ACR and not just another Z06 on steroids. now that the viper is done, the vette guys need a new hero!

Voltwings

Established Member

My only concern is that they didnt actually fix the problem. The problem with the Z06 is it didnt have enough grip due to the poor aero; that and the aero produced a disproportionate amount of drag compared to the downforce it created.

So now they've redone all the aero on this car ... but added another 50-100 hp, and they may very well end up with the exact same problem.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
when asked to compare it to the ACR the GM rep should just say, "what ACR? does Dodge have a new car coming out?"

I love that haha

We have a huge dealership who is our direct competitor about 15 minutes away, we always hear "well they'll do the deal down the road"...I always reply "oh, they're still in business?".

They laugh about 8 times out of 10.

Sn95Snake

Established Member

the ZR1 should be the over the top vette in all ways possible and have the price tag to justify it. active aero would be sick. i hope they set their sights on the ACR and not just another Z06 on steroids. now that the viper is done, the vette guys need a new hero!

The GM rep replying like that tells me they don't care to compare it to the ACR due to not having one out in the same year.

Which whenever I see that I assume it won't perform as well because they are afraid to put it in the same category.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Since when has any gm cared about same day? An actual dealer ZR1 runs twelves second slower and they cry bad run. But run an acr runs 2 seconds slower they take that time as gold. Can't have it both ways!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I wouldn't read too much into the hood bulge. Looking at the front, the nose looks like it's pinched and tapered down way more than other C7s. That's probably giving the illusion of there being more bulge than there really is.

Users who are viewing this thread