2018 ZR1 With Minimal Camo

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Disagree. They mentioned when they drove the ACR that they weren't capable of using the aero like a professional driver can.

If you look up the lap times between both cars with pro drivers, they are 1.3s apart (and like 4 seconds faster per lap than C&D).

That pic was just to show that the vehicles are not what Id call "far from close".

No doubt the ACR decisively beats the Z06 but I wouldnt call it "far from close".

Far from close would be about 4+ secs apart per lap. 1+/- sec not far from close to me.

Wasn't this car supposed to be mid-engined? Or is that going to be the C8?

Thats what I thought too. Wasnt expecting a ZR1 C7.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The Viper ACR has the track record at 13 tracks. Let's take Laguna Seca for example. The Z-06 was 5 seconds slower in a lap time of 1:33. That's quite a distance in such a short course. The Z-06 is closer to the Viper ACR in the longer tracks with longer straights as the active Aero on the ACR actually limits it's top speed and acceleration. The TA and GTS are actually faster cars in the straights due to this. If the ZR-1 indeed has good aero it will suffer the same fate which could actually hurt it's chances of competing with the ACR on those tracks unless it truly is a major improvement over the Z-06.

Please provide links to all of your data, would like to verify.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The Viper ACR has the track record at 13 tracks. Let's take Laguna Seca for example. The Z-06 was 5 seconds slower in a lap time of 1:33. That's quite a distance in such a short course. The Z-06 is closer to the Viper ACR in the longer tracks with longer straights as the active Aero on the ACR actually limits it's top speed and acceleration. The TA and GTS are actually faster cars in the straights due to this. If the ZR-1 indeed has good aero it will suffer the same fate which could actually hurt it's chances of competing with the ACR on those tracks unless it truly is a major improvement over the Z-06.

5 seconds slower is definitely huge. But just as the added aero will hurt the Zr1 in the straights, it will help it at tracks like laguna seca where it helps the ACR. I'm not saying it will be faster, but it will be close.

Black2010

Established Member
I like how you take an innocent comment meant to express excitement for an up and coming vehicle and twist it around to fit your narrative like a pre-menstrual woman.

Even if it was meant as a negative, "You" does NOT equal "everyone".

Now, in regards to bigred's comment. I guess someone's own personal opinion (a pretty legit one at that) is too much for your sensitive eyes to handle, that you had to go full emo on us.

Finally, if you are "so sick of all the BS", why are you here reading and commenting? Genius.

To argue with your arrogance. It's fun sometimes to argue with people like you sometimes. Guess your reading comprehension isn't great to as I admitted my fault in the choice of words I used. That fault being to never speak in absolutes.

To further support my assumptions. I like how you posting C&D numbers to support your comments. Seriously, does anyone really go by C&D number. Oh wait, you do. Now that's some funny stuff right there.

Lastly, I just happened to get board at work today. Needed some entertainment. Thanks for that! Now to not further waste bandwidth I'll let you get the last comment as I know you need that to fulfill your day.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
My assumptions are GM built and tested the car with a purpose. That purpose being to compete with the ACR. They wouldn't build it if they didn't have a target. That has been their MO the last few years. If it doesn't beat the ACR, I could give 2 ****s and certainly wouldn't cry on a forum about it. There will always be something faster and it's usually which ever car came later to the market.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Far from close? Lol...

Car and driver disagrees.

View attachment 88196
have you ever done 10+ laps with a pro driver in a GEN 5 ACR while there are z07 z06's on track as well? no? ok. I have, its FAR FAR FAR from close but I do understand how much certain people on this forum fall for 1 lap magazine tests.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Wasn't this car supposed to be mid-engined? Or is that going to be the C8?

The so called C8 or midengine Vette is probably going to be a Cadillac model first and then a stand alone model away from the C7. So there is probably going to be two Corvette types, as GM would be stupid for ditching the mid $60K C7 and 40,000 annual production and going with a $135K priced vehicle and maybe 15,000 tops yearly production.

This ZR-1 was always going to be a sort of C7, Z06 on steroids both engine power and design DOHC V8 and active aero kit over the fixed type that the Z06 and 07 uses.

scn

Established Member
First, everyone take a breath and enjoy the amazing times we live in to enjoy these great cars.
Second, everyone here knows I'm biased towards the Vette program. It's hard not to be when you grew up around it. That said.....
This Vette is wickedly fast and based on what I saw at LS, it will be very competitive with the ACR time. Same day same driver test show the ACR at 2-3sec faster than the Z06 at LS, not 5. The new car had that covered and then some. Granted, that was with the car tuned for LS. The question will be whether GM goes aggressive on the tune for specific tracks or goes with a more generalized tune geared for effectiveness at most tracks. I really believe that the ACR and Vette will trade places depending on what track is run. Some tracks favor speed, some braking and corner speed. Only time will tell. One thing is certain though, the American cars are covering what the exotics can do at a fraction of the price. It's win win as far as I'm concerned.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

I like how you deceive people with your data.

Lets pick the one scenario that benefits your biased narrative the most! Lol...

Your "5 sec" difference is bullshit.

The ACR's time of 1:28.65 around laguna seca was set by Randy Pobst when Dodge hired him to validate its car on MRLS. ON A DIFFERENT DAY.

When the Z06 and ACR were tested ON THE SAME DAY and driven by Randy P. The difference was only down to 2.5 seconds.

Z06: 1:33.05
ACR: 1:30.46

https://www.google.com/amp/www.moto...dge-viper-acr-vs-2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs/amp/

Nice try though buddy!

5 seconds slower is definitely huge. But just as the added aero will hurt the Zr1 in the straights, it will help it at tracks like laguna seca where it helps the ACR. I'm not saying it will be faster, but it will be close.

5 seconds is definitely huge. Unfortunately for Black, it was just a poor tactic of blowing smoke and using mirrors to sway people into believing his narrative.

Best part is, it wouldnt even be "5 seconds".

Black fails at math too... it would be 4 (4.4 if you want to be exact).

Lol

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
have you ever done 10+ laps with a pro driver in a GEN 5 ACR while there are z07 z06's on track as well? no? ok. I have, its FAR FAR FAR from close but I do understand how much certain people on this forum fall for 1 lap magazine tests.

So you are comparing an ACR with a pro driver behind the wheel, against Petey and Joey from the neighborhood in their Z06s?

Thats pretty cool.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Come on guys. Lets not argue. I'm not a Chevy fan by any means, but the last track ready Camaro and this Corvette are pretty sweet... for a Chevy. I mean, they're trying the best they can.

blk02edge

Established Member
So you are comparing an ACR with a pro driver behind the wheel, against Petey and Joey from the neighborhood in their Z06s?

Thats pretty cool.
never said the z06 drivers were amatuer

blk02edge

Established Member
I like how you deceive people with your data.

Lets pick the one scenario that benefits your biased narrative the most! Lol...

Your "5 sec" difference is bullshit.

The ACR's time of 1:28.65 around laguna seca was set by Randy Pobst when Dodge hired him to validate its car on MRLS. ON A DIFFERENT DAY.

When the Z06 and ACR were tested ON THE SAME DAY and driven by Randy P. The difference was only down to 2.5 seconds.

Z06: 1:33.05
ACR: 1:30.46

https://www.google.com/amp/www.moto...dge-viper-acr-vs-2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs/amp/

Nice try though buddy!

5 seconds is definitely huge. Unfortunately for Black, it was just a poor tactic of blowing smoke and using mirrors to sway people into believing his narrative.

Best part is, it wouldnt even be "5 seconds".

Black fails at math too... it would be 4 (4.4 if you want to be exact).

Lol
yet you post a C&D lap board showing a difference of .2??? lol you are as bad as ONDbit

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
never said the z06 drivers were amatuer

Never said they were pros either. Truth is even if that was the case, there are big differences between pros, hence; why best impartial testing is done with the same driver/same day.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
yet you post a C&D lap board showing a difference of .2??? lol you are as bad as ONDbit

Hey man, Im not the one making false statements based on sentiment.

A pro driver gives you "the ride of your life" in a ACR and now you are all attached.. lol

blk02edge

Established Member
Hey man, Im not the one making false statements based on sentiment.

A pro driver gives you "the ride of your life" in a ACR and now you are all attached.. lol
Never made false statements. I've seen the two cars in question go head to head in the real world.. cars that were actually bought from dealerships and not seen in testing or provided by the manufacturer.

None of the c7z's overheated either so that was a bonus. Not to mention if I had to pick one it wouldn't be the ACR.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Never made false statements. I've seen the two cars in question go head to head in the real world.. cars that were actually bought from dealerships and not seen in testing or provided by the manufacturer.

None of the c7z's overheated either so that was a bonus. Not to mention if I had to pick one it wouldn't be the ACR.

I've seen a owner driven c7z vs owner driven 991 GT3 vs owner driven 15 mustang gt.

Times were 1.56, 1.57, and 1.52 at full track sears point.

Users who are viewing this thread