2018 ZR1 With Minimal Camo

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Beating the ACR is going to be a very tall order.... Cant wait to see what they come up with....
hopefully the new ZR1 is just as BADASS as the old one was when it first came out.
I agree completely man. It's just that GM's focus of late has been to build track cars capable of besting not only cars in their segment but above their weight class as well so to speak. They have been testing this car for over a year in the public eye.

The Z06 was pretty close to the ACR considering it was not meant to compete with it directly and was never offered as a stripped track car. This seems to be a purpose built car just like the ACR.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree completely man. It's just that GM's focus of late has been to build track cars capable of besting not only cars in their segment but above their weight class as well so to speak. They have been testing this car for over a year in the public eye.

The Z06 was pretty close to the ACR considering it was not meant to compete with it directly and was never offered as a stripped track car. This seems to be a purpose built car just like the ACR.

Good point.

Competition is a great thing.

God bless America.

Branhammer

Established Member
Holy shit I need to start making a lot more money...

It's a great time to be an American car enthusiast. The only bad thing is knowing that, at some point, it's going to end.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It'll be a while until it ends..then it'll come back.

The new ZR1 has it's sights set high, it'll be exciting to see! The wing on the back of it looks terrible and out of place though lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree. The wing looks terrible, just doesnt seem to fit the car at all.

ACR pulls it off, barely IMO.

Black2010

Established Member
I must be missing something.

That article provides no performance numbers at all. It shows pictures of a car with a big cowl hood and a large wing and everyone is chanting, "watch out ACR"? I'm having flashbacks to high school with all the kids that slapped hoods and wings on their cars thinking it made them rocket ships.

Could it beat the time, possibly, but can we wait to actually see some numbers before we start talking about how great it is? Beating the ACR-E would be a great accomplishment but I would assume that if that was happening (or has happened) it would have been the title for the article to begin with.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

That article provides no performance numbers at all. It shows pictures of a car with a big cowl hood and a large wing and everyone is chanting, "watch out ACR"? I'm having flashbacks to high school with all the kids that slapped hoods and wings on their cars thinking it made them rocket ships.

Could it beat the time, possibly, but can we wait to actually see some numbers before we start talking about how great it is? Beating the ACR-E would be a great accomplishment but I would assume that if that was happening (or has happened) it would have been the title for the article to begin with.

So little reading comp... so much fail...

Black2010

Established Member
So little reading comp... so much fail...

Alright smart ass. Show me where in that one page article it mentions ANYTHING about:

- HP
- Trq
- Downforce
- drag
- braking
- max g-force
- etc?

All I see is them saying it should be more than 650 because that is what the Z06 makes and this car has a bigger hood. And for brakes it says it will possibly get carbon ceramic rotors. That's it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree. The wing looks terrible, just doesnt seem to fit the car at all.

ACR pulls it off, barely IMO.

Yeah. I'm not a big fan of the wing-less Vipers. I do like the TAs and then this one guy has a black one that looks menacing.

upload_2017-4-19_9-36-2.png

It would be impressive. We'll see what happens.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

That article provides no performance numbers at all. It shows pictures of a car with a big cowl hood and a large wing and everyone is chanting, "watch out ACR"?

Show me where everyone is chanting "watch out ACR"?

I'm having flashbacks to high school with all the kids that slapped hoods and wings on their cars thinking it made them rocket ships.

Because this car is exactly that, a highscool kid's car with a slapped on wing, that wont provide much performance at all. :rolleyes:

Because this car is exactly that, a highscool kid's car with a slapped on wing, that wont provide much performance at all. :rolleyes:

Where is anyone talking about how great it is?

Alright smart ass. Show me where in that one page article it mentions ANYTHING about:

- HP
- Trq
- Downforce
- drag
- braking
- max g-force
- etc?

All I see is them saying it should be more than 650 because that is what the Z06 makes and this car has a bigger hood. And for brakes it says it will possibly get carbon ceramic rotors. That's it.

I dont need to show you anything. You need to show yourself the back button and re-read this thread one more time, so that maybe, you can comprehend what people where conversing about in here. Before getting your panties in a bunch.

blk02edge

Established Member
The z06 is FAR from close. I know this first hand lol. Although I would like to think this ZR1 will beat it's lap time sparking another rediculous vengeance from dodge.
I'd be willing to bet it will not beat many if any of the acrs hot laps though, especially laguna

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The z06 is FAR from close. I know this first hand lol. Although I would like to think this ZR1 will beat it's lap time sparking another rediculous vengeance from dodge.
I'd be willing to bet it will not beat many if any of the acrs hot laps though, especially laguna

Far from close? Lol...

Car and driver disagrees.

IMG_7473.PNG

Black2010

Established Member

To start - you did.

Viper ACR, watch out!

And then there was this -

I'd almost guarantee it beats the ACR to be honest.

I dont need to show you anything. You need to show yourself the back button and re-read this thread one more time, so that maybe, you can comprehend what people where conversing about in here. Before getting your panties in a bunch.

To support your idiotic comment that I can't read you kind of need to. Unless you were just trying to be an ass just to be an ass. Yes, I do see some are saying otherwise, so maybe the word "everyone" was poor, but I'm mainly speaking to those that are already pumping it up to compete with the ACR. I love the competition but until I see some hard numbers I'm still stuck in the disappointment of the Z-06 on the track.

As a Viper and Corvette owner too, I kind of get sick of all the BS hype before numbers are even released.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Viper ACR, watch out!

Agree.

Far from close? Lol...

Car and driver disagrees.

View attachment 88196

Disagree. They mentioned when they drove the ACR that they weren't capable of using the aero like a professional driver can.

If you look up the lap times between both cars with pro drivers, they are 1.3s apart (and like 4 seconds faster per lap than C&D).

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wasn't this car supposed to be mid-engined? Or is that going to be the C8?

Black2010

Established Member
The Viper ACR has the track record at 13 tracks. Let's take Laguna Seca for example. The Z-06 was 5 seconds slower in a lap time of 1:33. That's quite a distance in such a short course. The Z-06 is closer to the Viper ACR in the longer tracks with longer straights as the active Aero on the ACR actually limits it's top speed and acceleration. The TA and GTS are actually faster cars in the straights due to this. If the ZR-1 indeed has good aero it will suffer the same fate which could actually hurt it's chances of competing with the ACR on those tracks unless it truly is a major improvement over the Z-06.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
To start - you did.

And then there was this -

To support your idiotic comment that I can't read you kind of need to. Unless you were just trying to be an ass just to be an ass. Yes, I do see some are saying otherwise, so maybe the word "everyone" was poor, but I'm mainly speaking to those that are already pumping it up to compete with the ACR. I love the competition but until I see some hard numbers I'm still stuck in the disappointment of the Z-06 on the track.

As a Viper and Corvette owner too, I kind of get sick of all the BS hype before numbers are even released.

I like how you take an innocent comment meant to express excitement for an up and coming vehicle and twist it around to fit your narrative like a pre-menstrual woman.

Even if it was meant as a negative, "You" does NOT equal "everyone".

Now, in regards to bigred's comment. I guess someone's own personal opinion (a pretty legit one at that) is too much for your sensitive eyes to handle, that you had to go full emo on us.

Finally, if you are "so sick of all the BS", why are you here reading and commenting? Genius.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Viper ACR has the track record at 13 tracks. Let's take Laguna Seca for example. The Z-06 was 5 seconds slower in a lap time of 1:33. That's quite a distance in such a short course. The Z-06 is closer to the Viper ACR in the longer tracks with longer straights as the active Aero on the ACR actually limits it's top speed and acceleration. The TA and GTS are actually faster cars in the straights due to this. If the ZR-1 indeed has good aero it will suffer the same fate which could actually hurt it's chances of competing with the ACR on those tracks unless it truly is a major improvement over the Z-06.

+1.

Users who are viewing this thread