2018 NMRA Limited Street

Holovacko

Established Member
With the new class starting end of this year and full schedule next year, anyone thinking of running in that class?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
According to the latest issue of race pages, it is designed for high 8-second cars.

vortecd

Established Member
8's was my guess when looking at the rules. Really not much slower the Coyote modified

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Every year you see a hand full f 8 second cars running true street, this class sounds like it's designed for those guys. Will be fun to watch that's for sure!!

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Did you notice the tire requirements?

TIRES Bias-ply slicks up to 28-inches tall by 10.6-inches wide or 275/60R15, 305/45R17, and 275/60R17 drag radials, required—Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S, Nitto 555R (base) Add 100 pounds—Mickey Thompson ET Street R, Pro 275, and Hoosier DR2.

FYI I would hate to be lined up next to a guy with a bias-ply full slick with my car rocking 555r's or the S/S, haha...
Pretty much a no brainer which tire to run unless you have a light car to run the 275 Pro at the 100 pound penalty..

vortecd

Established Member
slicks should not be allowed. There are a few other rules I would change also like no ported heads or cams

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
can anyone give me clarification on "Mass produced intake"? I have an MMR Roadrunner intake. wud that b considered MASS produced? they do have them on the shelf available for purchase?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
can anyone give me clarification on "Mass produced intake"? I have an MMR Roadrunner intake. wud that b considered MASS produced? they do have them on the shelf available for purchase?
I would think NMRA tech would approve that MMR intake. They don't wanna see stuff like one off custom sheet metal pieces.

Holovacko

Established Member
The weight rules may help even things out. At least in the beginning. Some of the 8 second cars which are eligible by their set-up, are well under the weight requirement. Probably a mid 8 second class by end of the season, but early on, I think low 9's have a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The weight rules may help even things out. At least in the beginning. Some of the 8 second cars which are eligible by their set-up, are well under the weight requirement. Probably a mid 8 second class by end of the season, but early on, I think low 9's have a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Guys that compete in Ultra Street with sm blk Fox Body combinations run high 4's in the 1/8th. The shop did a 363/Victor heads and intake with single turbo that accomplished this. The Modular guys are gonna have their hands full against bored and stroked 351's with turbo's what can make north of 1400HP.

Users who are viewing this thread