2018 Mustang GT goes 10's @ 126 NA bolt ons

Never_Enough

Established Member
Go drive one...

Your drivetrain and mine share nothing in common.

Only similarities is how they look and most chassis bits.
So boosted '17 vs boosted '18 (Both auto trans), what will the outcome be? Let's assume same mods & driver. How bad will the 2018 beat the 2017?

Dusten

Established Member
What I’m saying is, it’s not the top trim level. We’ll have to see what the GT500 is priced at to see the top dog. The new GT is deffinitly beast though, no doubt. I’m very impressed, too bad I just can’t get into the styling.

You can't compare top trim 14 years ago to today. The advances in comfort, the options, everything is a few steps beyond what it was.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
So boosted '17 vs boosted '18 (Both auto trans), what will the outcome be? Let's assume same mods & driver. How bad will the 2018 beat the 2017?
I think if both cars are making over 700 wheel there won't be a ton of difference.

With that much power, the extra gears start to lose some of their edge.

Also, part of the reason these cars rip so hard stock is because they have the drag mode which doesn't have any torque limiting. If I remember right, AED was messing around with the torque limiting and shifting on his test car a while back. It was really impressive how much quicker the car went when it could actually use the 435hp it came with.

I want to say he scrubbed like a half second and picked up like 3-4mph.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

That's a great question. We'll have to find out and see I guess in due time.

If both centri cars, I would give the nod to the 10r80. On upshifts, the trans never allows RPMs to fall under ~6200 rpm. Centri blowers are going to be in the sweet spot all the time with this trans.

Turbo cars probably wont make any difference.

Although ill say that Hellion made 840 on 11psi with the 2018. Believe that is about 45hp more than they make on the 15-17 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread