2018 Mustang GT goes 10's @ 126 NA bolt ons

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Steeda just broke 10's with their 10 speed auto 2018 GT with appears to be minor bolt ons. From what I can tell it has:

--headers/x pipe
--4.10s
--CAI
--e85 tune
--suspension work

Pretty bad ass if you ask me. These '18 cars continue to impress.

BTW.. what is up with SVTP lately? Running slow as hell! Took me half hour to post this thread LOL.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
download.jpg

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Hellcat is 4500lbs also with skinny 275s

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Not to mention this cars suspension goodies, exhaust, and wheels cost $5k. Then factor in the e85 conversation, tuning, and installation. Then what? $7-10k? Throw that into a hellcat and you’ll be looking at 9’s @ 140+. In a land yacht.

Not taking anything away from this car. While the mods may be “basic” they arent cheap, and these new mustangs aren’t all that cheap anymore either. Still. That is crazy impressive for an NA pass from an unmolested engine. Imagine adding forced induction to that monster.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn. Was expecting to see a small shot of teh naawzz, but nope truly NA.
Those 18's are a good bang for your buck performance wise.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Not to mention this cars suspension goodies, exhaust, and wheels cost $5k. Then factor in the e85 conversation, tuning, and installation. Then what? $7-10k? Throw that into a hellcat and you’ll be looking at 9’s @ 140+. In a land yacht.

Not taking anything away from this car. While the mods may be “basic” they arent cheap, and these new mustangs aren’t all that cheap anymore either. Still. That is crazy impressive for an NA pass from an unmolested engine. Imagine adding forced induction to that monster.

As someone who absolutely loves a Charger/Challenger Scat Pack/Hellcat/Demon, and who wishes Ford would follow suite, I'll play devil's advocate for a moment:

I can certainly see there being $6-8K in aftermarket parts on this '18, but I also know if I'm looking to go as fast as possible for $6-8K, I'm not looking at bolt-ons, I'm looking at a centri. And I believe there has been a 9-second run from a centri '18, for probably close to the same amount of money that has been put into this car.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
As someone who absolutely loves a Charger/Challenger Scat Pack/Hellcat/Demon, and who wishes Ford would follow suite, I'll play devil's advocate for a moment:

I can certainly see there being $6-8K in aftermarket parts on this '18, but I also know if I'm looking to go as fast as possible for $6-8K, I'm not looking at bolt-ons, I'm looking at a centri. And I believe there has been a 9-second run from a centri '18, for probably close to the same amount of money that has been put into this car.

Best bang for the buck by far!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Let’s not forget the new mustangs aren’t all that much lighter (4000 lbs) than a 4450 hellcat.

Super impressive any way you cut it.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

I decided to check.

Paying full retail without discounts which you would likely get as a package

Suspension $1343
Exhaust $1550-$1750 depending on what they ran, cheaper for catless
Race Stars $1000-$1500
E85 tune $780
4.10s $180
Intake $440
Tires $1200?

$6500 on the low end of those parts and less than $7300 on the high end.

I think you could certainly do it much cheaper too. You could save $1000 on the headers alone and I don't think the 4.10s are really worth it. Lund put his E85 tune and tire only car at an 11.3 with stock rear gears.

I'd be interested in what a long tube and e85 car would do.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I decided to check.

Suspension $1343
Race Stars $1000-$1500
E85 tune $780
4.10s $180
Intake $440
Tires $1200?

I think you could certainly do it much cheaper too. You could save $1000 on the headers alone and I don't think the 4.10s are really worth it. Lund put his E85 tune and tire only car at an 11.3 with stock rear gears.

E85 conversation only requires a tune? No hardware?

Never_Enough

Established Member
I decided to check.

Suspension $1343
Race Stars $1000-$1500
E85 tune $780
4.10s $180
Intake $440
Tires $1200?

Don't forget labor cost...

Users who are viewing this thread