2017 GT500 details

Snoopy49

Established Member
The quote above was taken directly from CNN's website,I put the quotes around it.

Chrysler reveals 707 horsepower Dodge Challenger

The Challenger SRT Hellcat will have an eight speed automatic transmission or a six-speed manual. It will be competing against cars like General Motors (GM)' Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 with its 580 horsepower V8 and the 662 horsepower Ford (F) Shelby GT500 which recently went out of production. A Ford spokesman wouldn't comment on its competitors car, but a new Shelby GT500 with, potentially, more power is expected to be revealed some time soon.

Venomous 03

Established Member
Awesome.
I do like the new bodystyle.

People that talk down on the new bodystyle/powerplants are usually people that cant afford the new car,so they talk down on the new one so it can make themselves feel better with their outdated car.
Its only obvious.people talk down on things they either cant have or cant afford.
And that few percentage of people that honestly dont like the new product,they dont say a word.

Seee it ALL the time.
Not everyone,but most that do.
I mean,the gt350s full specs arent even out yet and people are already talking down.its hilarious.

Ford certainly has the technology to put out a better car.
Wouldnt be a surprise if they came out with another car ending the competition like the "Terminator"7

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Awesome.
I do like the new bodystyle.

People that talk down on the new bodystyle/powerplants are usually people that cant afford the new car,so they talk down on the new one so it can make themselves feel better with their outdated car.
Its only obvious.people talk down on things they either cant have or cant afford.
And that few percentage of people that honestly dont like the new product,they dont say a word.

Seee it ALL the time.
Not everyone,but most that do.
I mean,the gt350s full specs arent even out yet and people are already talking down.its hilarious.

Ford certainly has the technology to put out a better car.
Wouldnt be a surprise if they came out with another car ending the competition like the "Terminator"7

I think I can safely say the vast majority of the people in this section of the forum can afford the new model if they so pleased, it's also very likely that the new design won't appeal to everyone's taste and that's why they would talk it down.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I think I can safely say the vast majority of the people in this section of the forum can afford the new model if they so pleased, it's also very likely that the new design won't appeal to everyone's taste and that's why they would talk it down.

This.

I could afford it but I'm not commenting on a car that hasn't even been released yet.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It is something far different - apples to oranges. It won't be perfect but it'll get you closer than any of Ford's previous efforts. I think it'll put a shit eating grin on anybody's face that gets the opportunity to take one out and stretch its legs.

mikejaeggi

Established Member
agreed, I went to the dealer I bought my Shelby from this weekend and checked out the new mustang GT. not a fan of the rear diffuser, it looks like the subaru BRZ. the interior is a little better but the steering wheel has this metal looking mustang logo sticker that just looks cheap.

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I'd have no doubt witht he success of the Ecoboost line from Ford, we may be seeing a turbocharged Shelby or cobra in the future. I believe they are going for a more refined Euro position with the IRS, flat plane crank, big brakes. this would fit right in.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I hope whatever ford brings to market they use the Super duty truck process with aluminum panels to lighten these cars up...wont need 700hp if you drop the weight to 35-3600lb curb weight.

delvek

Established Member
Nice video clip.

I think its safe to get the bagpippers at least warming up for the idea of a GT500.

As I suspected, Ford has moved away from high HP straight drag to high RPM road course.

This makes sense as 'fast and furious" generation ages and increases income they will want to move from subarus and acuras to the GT350.

Its not my cup of tea but Ford will do well.

As a side note, its hilarious as Dodge continues to show its irrelevance by showing up very late to any "race", hence the Fatcat.

In about 8-10 years they will produce the trackcat, lol.

dom418

Established Member
Nice video clip.

I think its safe to get the bagpippers at least warming up for the idea of a GT500.

As I suspected, Ford has moved away from high HP straight drag to high RPM road course.

This makes sense as 'fast and furious" generation ages and increases income they will want to move from subarus and acuras to the GT350.

Its not my cup of tea but Ford will do well.

As a side note, its hilarious as Dodge continues to show its irrelevance by showing up very late to any "race", hence the Fatcat.

In about 8-10 years they will produce the trackcat, lol.

I get your theory but I don't think this is the demographic Ford is after with the GT500, it was always supposed to be a straight line car. With the price point of the 350 and 500, very few in the "fast and furious" generation will be able to pay for this car, that generation has so much student loan debt etc. I could see your point if the car was priced lower.

It's target buyer is still the baby boomer type and those in their 40's I believe. Not someone in their 20's. I still think ford will answer the hellcat with the GT500. It wouldnt make sense to have two corner carving stangs in their lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread