2017 GT500 details

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Many thought 662hp would be the highest HP production mustang we would ever see roll off the assembly line. SVT is going to prove us wrong,this should be good!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparko

Established Member
Many thought 662hp would be the highest HP production mustang we would ever see roll off the assembly line. SVT is going to prove us wrong,this should be good!

Sounds good ! I just don't they don't use the same Goodyear tires !!

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
This would be the time to swap and say goodbye to my beast, and start a new project.

Manuel

ryan319

Established Member
I will be surprised if they surpass 662. Ford can make the car better in every aspect and outperform this model without adding more horsepower. I'd be happy if the new GT500 has comparable horsepower to the current model but with carbon brakes, magnetic suspension, and better tires. Shaving a few hundred pounds of weight would be nice too. It's not always about horsepower.

GM didn't feel the need to make the Z06 with 663. Dodge was just looking for PR because they're always chasing Ford and GM.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You don't want CC brakes on a car that is primarily street driven. The costs associated with them are insane. You are much better off with a two piece rotor, steel ring with an aluminum hat.

Kapy

Established Member
It looks awesome and surley the power will be amazing. However there will never be a 5.8L again. Our engines quit production in November of 2013. Don't get me wrong the new car will be completely awesome but I know ours should hold more value considering the limited production of our powertrains.

Just my thoughts. But could be wrong of course.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I have decided that the horsepower wars will never be over and so to be happy with what I have =).
I feel the same way. I'm paying this car off and keeping her. I don't use all the 662 I have anyway.

+2. I remain very happy with my car and have yet to see anything that makes me want to "upgrade".

Aside from the interior, that gave me a headache just looking at it, the Rocket is one of the better looking renditions of a 2015 Mustang I've seen. Still not a big fan, though.

Last edited:

Joraft

Established Member
Sounds good ! I just hope they don't use the same Goodyear tires !!

Looks like they dropped the GYs for the 2016 GT350:

LACS8.jpg

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Dont know why you would want to step down in power by the time this comes out you'll be north of 900hp I'd imagine.

I will be staying as is, I maaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy entertain the 15% lower. But unless the car breaks, I am not doing anything else for more power, as I am not going to spend the money of building a new motor.

Manuel

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I will be staying as is, I maaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy entertain the 15% lower. But unless the car breaks, I am not doing anything else for more power, as I am not going to spend the money of building a new motor.

Manuel

You say that now, but modding is an addiction that we all eventually give in to.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
You don't want CC brakes on a car that is primarily street driven. The costs associated with them are insane. You are much better off with a two piece rotor, steel ring with an aluminum hat.

I driven 2 2013 Z06s. One with the CC brakes and the other without. The CC brakes had no fade, the non-CC brakes had better feel. That is the best way I can describe it. The CC brakes have a much longer life than regular iron rotors. However if you plan on tracking it, the CC brakes can add up fast.

delvek

Established Member
There is not one reliable reference in that article ... utter BS.

The 5.8L is gone!

The HP wars are over. Dodge is always the last one to the party, in everything it does.

The name of the game is road course / tracking. Expect turbo's to begin being mentioned in our "muscle cars" R&D.

Users who are viewing this thread