2017 GT500 details

Fordfourlife

Established Member
There is not one reliable reference in that article ... utter BS.

“Our new SVT Halo Mustang will have more HP than the Hellcat” claims a Ford rep from a recent CNN interview.

I would like to hear all of this interview. There is another car coming, a few members in the know on this site have quietly hinted about it, they have been right about everything so far.

Snkedriver

Established Member
I prefer the look of my 14 over the new body. Unless they put a Auto Trans in the next GT500 I am not interested.

DR~Z

Established Member
I think turbo's are going to be on the next GT500. They showed us the twin turbo cobra jet concept. Would be a good motor, twin turbo 5.0. Should easily get 750 or more out of it. The article on the front page with the twin turbo boss 302, hit 949 whp on 14 pounds of boost. From what I read, put 1 bar of boost to a naturally aspirated motor and it doubles the HP. The stock 5.0 make 435, so due the math. Put some computer controlled waste gates on, to help it get of the line with less boost and then feed it back in. Hopefully they will offer a automatic this time, maybe in the form of a dual clutch. Would be neat if they would be able to do the trans in the rear integrated with the rear housing like a GTR, to help balance the car better. Maybe tremecs new 7 speed if they update the torque rating. The new gt350 pictures are showing 305 on the rear so it might fit alittle bigger. We might get all together different animal this time. Something that might be able to lay the power to the pavement better.

delvek

Established Member
“Our new SVT Halo Mustang will have more HP than the Hellcat” claims a Ford rep from a recent CNN interview.

I would like to hear all of this interview. There is another car coming, a few members in the know on this site have quietly hinted about it, they have been right about everything so far.

And? How is that a reference, I spoke to the leading R&D excutive with SVT and he said, "no way". Just look at my missing reference to the article you can read it yourself. Say, speaking of reference, where is the article that you quoted above, I cant seem to find it...

Fordfourlife

Established Member
^ Read the entire article in the link I posted in my original post.

There will be another halo car introduced by 2017,mark my words. It won't necessarily be called the GT500.

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
I think turbo's are going to be on the next GT500. They showed us the twin turbo cobra jet concept. Would be a good motor, twin turbo 5.0. Should easily get 750 or more out of it. The article on the front page with the twin turbo boss 302, hit 949 whp on 14 pounds of boost. From what I read, put 1 bar of boost to a naturally aspirated motor and it doubles the HP. The stock 5.0 make 435, so due the math. Put some computer controlled waste gates on, to help it get of the line with less boost and then feed it back in. Hopefully they will offer a automatic this time, maybe in the form of a dual clutch. Would be neat if they would be able to do the trans in the rear integrated with the rear housing like a GTR, to help balance the car better. Maybe tremecs new 7 speed if they update the torque rating. The new gt350 pictures are showing 305 on the rear so it might fit alittle bigger. We might get all together different animal this time. Something that might be able to lay the power to the pavement better.

What you are describing would also have a GTR like price also.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
everyone be patient....plenty of hints have been dropped by reliable sources that Ford has lots going, multiple vehicles.

delvek

Established Member
^ Read the entire article in the link I posted in my original post.

There will be another halo car introduced by 2017,mark my words. It won't necessarily be called the GT500.

Read it again, missing the cited source location. Where is this CNN interview with a Ford rep?

Dont get me wrong, I would love this to be true!

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Read it again, missing the cited source location. Where is this CNN interview with a Ford rep?

Dont get me wrong, I would love this to be true!

SVT is hard at work on the new GT500, according to fresh reports out of Dearborn. The powerplant is unknown at this time, but we are hearing that this engine could be “well over the 700HP mark”, all while “breathing through a straw”. Take it for what it’s worth, but we perceive that as a hint towards Forced Induction (low boost from the factory?).

Regardless, we expect this new beast to depart from the now highly-discussed Flat Plane Crank. Traditionally, the GT350 has always been aimed towards track use, while the GT500 is more of an earth-rotating, straight line freeway runner.

As far as power delivery, as you all know, the Hellcat is producing just north of 700HP, so we would be shocked if Ford doesn’t take it one step further.

“Our new SVT Halo Mustang will have more HP than the Hellcat” claims a Ford rep from a recent CNN interview. Hold on to your butts.

If this new behemoth will be a forced induction car, than we can safely assume that Ford will stick with the traditional lobe crankshaft, or at least depart from the 5.2L GT350 platform. The new GT350 if a high compression car, so running boost through it would require quite significant changes.

Another topic worthy of discussion is weight savings. We all know Ford has recently invested heavily in Aluminum materials and tooling, primarily for the new F-150 line – but SVT has also added a heavy dose of weight savings to the new GT350 in terms of carbon forged plastic and aluminum fenders. Could we see a new GT500 with more liberal use of aluminum? Could we see this car come in at 700+HP and weigh less than 3,600 lbs from the factory?

When can we expect some hard info on this new SVT Halo car? Time will tell, but our sources seem to believe that this car will be released 2017 model year, so we expect a preview in the Summer of 2015, if not sooner.

ObieFox

Established Member

Packaging twin turbos on a V8 is challenging for OEM's given the EPA requirements for quick cat light off.

delvek

Established Member
Those statements in red are not credible statements because the author did not provide the source location. He could've been talking to his dog for all we know. Do you know where the "recent CNN interview with a Ford rep" is? and what sources believe the car will be released 2017?

Horrible article as it is talking about a hot topic with no verifiable substantiation.

Redgt12

Established Member
Because I can definitely use all 700hp on the average street, and pretty sure only 5% of ford customers could afford these too

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Do you know where the "recent CNN interview with a Ford rep" is?

From CNN interview " A Ford spokesman wouldn't comment on its competitors car, but a new Shelby GT500 with, potentially, more power is expected to be revealed some time soon

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
From CNN interview "A Ford spokesman made a quick reference to a twin powered jet engine with over 30,000 horsepower and capable of reaching ground speeds of 487mph before being able to take to the sky."

I put quotes around it and referenced CNN, it's real.

Users who are viewing this thread