2017 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R vs. 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
124 extra hp, and still dogshit ugly.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
When I first saw the ZL1 earlier this year, I didn't even stop to take a closer look. It looked so bland at the auto show. Meanwhile at the Ford booth, everyone surrounded the GT350R. The 6th Camaro looks so bland

What a dogshit review lol

Motor Trend's comparison of the GT350R and ZL1 comes out next week thankfully!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
wow really? I think the zl1 is a monster. If they sell like the rest of the Camaro lineup (crappy) then youll be able to get a great deal on a zl1 in the future which is icing on the cake.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I like new ZL1 too. The hood is pretty intriguing to me and a few other points of interest for me with the car.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Cliffs:
I'm guessing no times straight or curved. Just drove and street and shared their feelings on the two cars...

I did not watch vid either. Judging by reaction I don't need to.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was literally the worst, most biased, video review I have ever watched.. and I've watched a bunch.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
wow really? I think the zl1 is a monster. If they sell like the rest of the Camaro lineup (crappy) then youll be able to get a great deal on a zl1 in the future which is icing on the cake.

You can already get great deals on the ZL1. They were selling below MSRP as soon as they hit the showrooms. I saw one (or two?) reports of somebody getting it at $10K off. That's a helluva deal for a ZL1! I'd love to have one, but I'm waiting to see what the next GT500 is going to be about. If it's a knuckle-dragging straight line car, I'm getting a ZL1 1LE.

I'm waiting to see Motor Trend's Head 2 Head of the exact same cars. It was hard to tell in the KBB video, but I think they preferred the GT350R. I suspect Motor Trend will prefer the R on the track and the ZL1 on the street. The cars are so far apart in power, it's really not even fair to do a performance comparison. It's like comparing the '13 GT500 to the '12 ZL1; and those were even closer in power.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
With the prices dealers are trying to get for the R, is this even a real comparison? The ZL1 can be found in the 50's with the R being in the 80-100k range.
The R is awesome, but the ZL1 is the faster car on the street or at the track. Im sure the R is more fun to drive though. I think reality is going to hit the R market soon. It's an amazing car, but not at 80+k

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
With the prices dealers are trying to get for the R, is this even a real comparison? The ZL1 can be found in the 50's with the R being in the 80-100k range.
The R is awesome, but the ZL1 is the faster car on the street or at the track. Im sure the R is more fun to drive though. I think reality is going to hit the R market soon. It's an amazing car, but not at 80+k
The point of the review I believe is that the two cars are so similar, you can't go wrong. If you have to have an automatic, buy the ZL1. At the end they both agreed the GT350R is a more fun and special car to drive and the ZL1's extra power doesn't make it a significantly faster or enjoyable car.

My local dealer has two '17 GT350Rs. One on Ruby Red the other in Lightning Blue. Both for 10k over MSRP. Kinda tempting, but at the same time I can buy a 2013+ viper for the same price used.

C0bra99

Established Member
The review was at a track but only did 0 to 60 no twisties. Seems like they were more concerned about clutch feel and elbow placement.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't think they had much time to do a comprehensive test. Those are the same cars Motor Trend used for their Head 2 Head. They probably had the bulk of the time with them. And I'm betting GM provided the cars. The tires on the R looked pretty beat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread