2016 GT500 Spied? Pics/link inside...

WolfPackST

Banned
THE NEW GT500 IS RUNNING A LOWER COMPRESSION TWIN TURBOCHARGED 5.2L THAT PUTS DOWN 700RWHP. It will be 2017MY

not to be mistaken with the N/A 5.2l GT350

Last edited:

TERMN8U

Established Member
THE NEW GT500 IS RUNNING A LOWER COMPRESSION TWIN TURBOCHARGED 5.2L THAT PUTS DOWN 700RWHP. It will be 2017MY

not to be mistaken with the N/A 5.2l GT350

Please tell me that you know this for sure. That would really turn things around for the S550. :)

ThomasL

Established Member
I think the point is, this appears to be different from the n/a GT350. Whether they call it a Shelby, Cobra, GT500 or Hellcatstang has yet to be determined. It's being called the GT500 because nobody knows what the hell else to call it yet and the 13/14 GT500 is the only thing to compare it to. Just my completely uninformed opinion. The speculation is fun though!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
regardless of name..the new halo car won't be out until 2016/2017 anyways. They have plenty of time to figure out what to name it

I for one hope they return back to the SVT Cobra and move away from Shelby all together.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Wouldn't they fuel up at the shop/yard/plant/manufacturing center before heading out on the road?
Seem kinda odd they would stop and fuel up at a gas station.

steeltoe

Established Member
could be a new s550 track oriented car or package? they could just be racing accessories being tested. somebody should have asked them at gas station to pop hood or get photo underneath of front end to check out motor. pretty bad leaks if you ask me. i know for a fact i would have walked up to the guys driving and started a conversation

Thats a good way to get fired.

steeltoe

Established Member
Wouldn't they fuel up at the shop/yard/plant/manufacturing center before heading out on the road?

No because you want to expose to real world situations and one of those factors is the different formulas of gas.

steeltoe

Established Member
lol well they dont have to do it just a shot to try!

When I worked for Roush we had so many rules about the prototypes. Some could only be taken out at night, some have to be in full heavy camo, some didn't have to be camo'd but you couldn't pop the hood and if you broke the rules you got fired.

Marc

Established Member
The owner of the dealership I work at said at the big ford meeting he just got back from that a 2016 GT500 picture was shown in the briefing...he said the pictures were flipped through real quck and no cameras were allowed in the meeting. I am only reporting the news, I can't verify any of this to be true or not...

WolfPackST

Banned
Other 2016 GT350 news:

5.2L Confirmed
Huge Brakes
Massive Vents behind front wheels
Wider body (suspected, but not for sure)
Old school GT350 badge (gold)
Bulging hood
Quad Exhaust
5 Spoke wheels will return, very wide rear (305?)
Narrow 'Shelby' stripes like the '12 PP GT500

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
When I worked for Roush we had so many rules about the prototypes. Some could only be taken out at night, some have to be in full heavy camo, some didn't have to be camo'd but you couldn't pop the hood and if you broke the rules you got fired.

yeah i hear you man and did they have a lock on the hood latch?

hockeylover86

Established Member

They are hauled out there for altitude testing, too much of a hassle to haul fuel, unless the tests specifically require it.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
A little off-topic.. What's the point in the camo? It doesn't seem to hide anything at all. It attracts more attention than a regular paint job would. Hiding the body lines in a picture perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread