2016 GT500 Spied? Pics/link inside...

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Other 2016 GT350 news:

5.2L Confirmed
Huge Brakes
Massive Vents behind front wheels
Wider body (suspected, but not for sure)
Old school GT350 badge (gold)
Bulging hood
Quad Exhaust
5 Spoke wheels will return, very wide rear (305?)
Narrow 'Shelby' stripes like the '12 PP GT500

Dammit mane.. if it rolls out with 600 N/A, I'm going to land in a stripe delete with two feet.

Svt4ever22

Established Member
CONFIRMED by my UNCLE Jackstin (Who works FOR FORD) That the GT500 WILL be coming with 2 turbos and 824HP! CONFIRMED BY MY UNCLE JACKSTIN!

steeltoe

Established Member
They are hauled out there for altitude testing, too much of a hassle to haul fuel, unless the tests specifically require it.
Yeah when we had the early second gen 6.7L PSDs Ford had us install another fuel tank and fill nozzle so it could be refilled with the fuel formula they wanted.
A little off-topic.. What's the point in the camo? It doesn't seem to hide anything at all. It attracts more attention than a regular paint job would. Hiding the body lines in a picture perhaps?

They don't care about the attention its to mask the overall apperance of the car. If Ford didn't want people to see to see the car at all you never would, the car would be restricted to night or covered roll back movement only.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
A little off-topic.. What's the point in the camo? It doesn't seem to hide anything at all. It attracts more attention than a regular paint job would. Hiding the body lines in a picture perhaps?

Because it gets the media talking. It gets websites like this one speculating. Let's face it, no one is going to buy the top end sports/muscle car because they are looking to blend in, or simply go from point a to point b. we buy these cars because they are fun to drive, because they are fun to race, get attention, etc etc. I can remember the hype around the 13 gt500. 600hp, then 650 hp, then confirmed 662 hp, then Dyno reports of more than that. I had to have it, and if had to be the first in the area to get it. Car companies are taking advantage of the media. I can also remember when the '96 cobra came out. The thought of a 32valve 305 hp motor screaming to 7000 rims was incredible. The only media attention it got was in the car rags, and one measly television commercial. The media has come a LONG way in selling cars. This is just one more way to test the car in real life situations and draw attention/speculation to it while "trying" to be secretive.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Dammit mane.. if it rolls out with 600 N/A, I'm going to land in a stripe delete with two feet.
lol. if this car rolls with 600hp, it will be one of the highest hp mass produced N/A V8's by far....don't get your hopes up.
CONFIRMED by my UNCLE Jackstin (Who works FOR FORD) That the GT500 WILL be coming with 2 turbos and 824HP! CONFIRMED BY MY UNCLE JACKSTIN!
that's basically what this thread is turning into. not surprising though.

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
WTF is going on with that rear valance?? :xpl:

Not sure but I want to find out!

could be a new s550 track oriented car or package? they could just be racing accessories being tested. somebody should have asked them at gas station to pop hood or get photo underneath of front end to check out motor. pretty bad leaks if you ask me. i know for a fact i would have walked up to the guys driving and started a conversation

That actually makes a lot of sense...But that bulge in the hood. There's gotta be something going on there! Agree with you that the shots are bad but I'm really surprised that this picture isn't on the front page of a lot of sites right now!!

THE NEW GT500 IS RUNNING A LOWER COMPRESSION TWIN TURBOCHARGED 5.2L THAT PUTS DOWN 700RWHP. It will be 2017MY

not to be mistaken with the N/A 5.2l GT350

:pop: Crossing fingers

To essentially hide the lines of the car...Granted we all know what the front/rear of the 2015's look like but I would guarantee you that the fascia and grille are going to be unique to this car like the previous 500's. Is it me or the the LED's on the lights look a little different too?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
That actually makes a lot of sense...But that bulge in the hood. There's gotta be something going on there! Agree with you that the shots are bad but I'm really surprised that this picture isn't on the front page of a lot of sites right now!!

Is it me or the the LED's on the lights look a little different too?

i was thinking the bulge is for a boss or cobra jet style intake that is significantly taller then stock. small increase from stock maybe 465-475 hp in a stock track type car. i could see that from huge intake, exhaust and a tune right?

also the LED's look same as regular mustang

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I really hope 600hp n/a for the gt350 is true!

Hopefully it will have some good weight saving too, carbon ceramic brakes, carbon fiber body panels (if the c6 Z could do this, I don't see why a halo mustang couldn't) rear seat delete, light weight wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread