Status
Not open for further replies.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Bronco is such a cool name for a SUV. A proper body on frame version could be really, really sweet.

Like the Cherokee, a unibody version would be a huge letdown.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Heard the new KJ Cherokee cannot be lifted due to the front subframe design. Sucks to be a KJ Cherokee owner!

I too miss the old solid axle trucks. They were tough as nails and were easy to modify when the time came.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Yes it was, but I want a proper frame. Most of the darn unibody SUVs (really CUVs) today utilize car platforms, which is lame IMO.

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
The FJ (or Fake Jeep as I like to call it) has always been a disappointment. The Bronco is at the top of a list of dead vehicle models I'd love to have a new version of. It's right up there with the XJ Cherokee. The new 4x4 Dart 'Cherokee' is a disgrace to the name.

Oh well, I guess I'll just end up buying a Gen II Raptor. :D

I would love to see a solid front axle bronco back in the lineup. I would settle for a version based off of the raptor. Swb, removable top, removable 2nd row seating and a tailgate. I think it would cater to quite a few people if the price wasn't too crazy.

I was just thinking the other day about all the decent platforms that are dead now. One of My parents family cruisers was a 88 t bird turbo coupe. Seems like most people would be offended if you offered a 2 door rwd car nowadays. Sure seems like we got along just fine with less back then.

Thehubster

Established Member
Wow!!! that was a very well put together april fools joke. It would be awesome and that truck was great looking!!! I think ford could do well bringing back the old branco name!! great find.

steeltoe

Established Member
Uh, they definitely still make 2 door jeep wranglers. Before 2007, they only made 2 door wranglers and they are EVERYWHERE. As popular as the JK is, I cannot fathom why another manufacturer doesn't go after that market. A new Bronco would be perfect for this. Compete with the JK and FJ Cruiser as a 'smaller' more offroad capable SUV for the younger and more adventurous crowd. The Explorer competes with the Grand Cherokee, so the Bronco would attract a totally different type of buyer.

Think of the old school FJ, Scout, Bronco, etc. Lots of old 2 door, solid axle SUVs are very popular nowadays. Just because every soccer mom doesn't want one doesn't mean they are desireable. If Jeep made a longer wheelbase 2 door JK (like the Wrangler Unlimited, or LJ, in 2005-2006), I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

http://jklwrangler.com/
The short wheel base G Wagon and Defender 90 still both sell extremely well outside the country. Hell the reason LR is stopping production of the Defender is because it won't met emissions in the UK.

Nebojsa

Bronco is such a cool name for a SUV. A proper body on frame version could be really, really sweet.

2016-Ford-Bronco-review.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread