2016 Ford Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
didn't have to read it. Just the date it was posted.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Regardless, all the praise for Ford's previous Broncos from them says something: Ford really does need to bring this mofo back from the grave.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Regardless, all the praise for Ford's previous Broncos from them says something: Ford really does need to bring this mofo back from the grave.

I agree. I bet they would sell quite a few of them. I bet it would just eat into their explorer sales though. I just hope if they do resurrect the bronco name, it won't just be a package for the f-150 i.e. appearance, suspension, 4x4, and a camper shell.

65fastback2+2

Established Member

eh...i want to agree, but no. no one wants a 2-door SUV anymore...shoot even jeep dropped that crap for a crew cab and you see those EVERYWHERE. Ford has the expedition for that.

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
eh...i want to agree, but no. no one wants a 2-door SUV anymore...shoot even jeep dropped that crap for a crew cab and you see those EVERYWHERE. Ford has the expedition for that.

I completely agree with you, even Toyota wouldnt tread into that, hence the FJ having a 3rd door. But I wish Ford would jump into the topless SUV market again. It seems silly that Jeep is the only topless SUV on the market nowadays and they are profiting big time with no competition...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I'd buy a Raptor'ized Bronco right now if Ford built it. I prefer a SUV as a DD and have no use for the back doors 98% of the time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I suspected it was an April Fool's joke. I've been gun-shy all day wondering when the hammer was going to fall. LOL.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Not really sure how well the market would respond but it looks pretty nice

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I agree. I bet they would sell quite a few of them. I bet it would just eat into their explorer sales though. I just hope if they do resurrect the bronco name, it won't just be a package for the f-150 i.e. appearance, suspension, 4x4, and a camper shell.

They probably wouldn't sell very many. It'd be a total niche vehicle. I would rather them bring it back as a crossover before they turn the name into an appearance package.

I'd rather them not bring it back at all so A I can continue to have the last year bronco ever built and B I don't want them to **** up a legacy.

Exactly, Ford dropped the bronco due to slow sales and the Expedition replaced it in 1997. Of course they ****'d up the expedition back in the mid 00's and now nobody buys those.

I completely agree with you, even Toyota wouldnt tread into that, hence the FJ having a 3rd door. But I wish Ford would jump into the topless SUV market again. It seems silly that Jeep is the only topless SUV on the market nowadays and they are profiting big time with no competition...

The FJ was doing so well that they're dropping it from the lineup. I see more 4 door jeeps than 2 doors. Either way, the 2 door wrangler will sell for one reason and one reason alone. Its a jeep

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Bronco is one of the coolest 4x4's ever made.
But as it has been stated in the thread, I dont think they would sell very well. I wouldn't buy one.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
even though its an april fools joke it actually looks great. id buy one in a heartbeat.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

Uh, they definitely still make 2 door jeep wranglers. Before 2007, they only made 2 door wranglers and they are EVERYWHERE. As popular as the JK is, I cannot fathom why another manufacturer doesn't go after that market. A new Bronco would be perfect for this. Compete with the JK and FJ Cruiser as a 'smaller' more offroad capable SUV for the younger and more adventurous crowd. The Explorer competes with the Grand Cherokee, so the Bronco would attract a totally different type of buyer.

Think of the old school FJ, Scout, Bronco, etc. Lots of old 2 door, solid axle SUVs are very popular nowadays. Just because every soccer mom doesn't want one doesn't mean they are desireable. If Jeep made a longer wheelbase 2 door JK (like the Wrangler Unlimited, or LJ, in 2005-2006), I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

http://jklwrangler.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread