2015 Mustang - Twin Turbo

Kryckter

Established Member
I have finished up installing the Hellion twin turbo kit. It took about 35 hours to install the kit. I have alot more photos of the install if people want to see more of the process...

• 2015 5.0 - A6
  • 55mm Turbos @ 6lbs.
  • 95lb Injectors & JMS Boost-A-Pump
  • Ford Racing Catback
  • Vossen CV7 Wheels and Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

414B174A-E564-4566-839C-D470A4D0D721.jpg

B967EEFB-B524-4DA3-8EBA-DD88C7C5507B.jpg

And a little video I put together, nothing fancy since I'm no pro at editing. Still working on the tune and planning on turning it up to 9-10lbs this week! :banana::banana::banana:
[video=youtube;H0jbgx5-H04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0jbgx5-H04[/video]

Its been a few weeks. Been working with my tuner on getting the tranny dialed in. Its on about 11 lbs now, should be making close to 700rwhp, traction is becoming an issue :banana:
[video=youtube;w-MOSNCAbVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-MOSNCAbVA[/video]

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
That is one good looking 15!

but holy crap. 35 hours to install a pre-engineered bolt on kit?

Kryckter

Established Member
Oh my. That is wicked. Well done man.

Incredibe! Beauty and the Beast all in one!

Turbos........

pretty damn sick

Extremely clean install and great looking car.

THANKS!!! :-D

That is one good looking 15!

but holy crap. 35 hours to install a pre-engineered bolt on kit?

They advertise 40 to install. I took my time and was very careful on heat wrapping ALOT of wires, tieing out of the way, etc. This was also my first turbo kit. If I was to do another Hellion kit, I could do it in probably half the time :coolman:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Crazy how much better the kit looks in an s550 engine bay compared to an s197. It almost looks OEM in there. :rockon:

Man, I am subbing for the 9-10lbs pull.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So that video was on 8 lbs. It's just gonna be better bumped to 10 lbs. Nicely and tastefully done for sure. The passerby would never know what's under the hood, until they hear the turbos. Love your car. I hope Tim (Tim's Pony) has seen what you've done.

Kryckter

Established Member
That looks clean and well done. Those rims look good. Car looks good.

Sick car man!
Tastefully done. Good job

Crazy how much better the kit looks in an s550 engine bay compared to an s197. It almost looks OEM in there. :rockon:

Man, I am subbing for the 9-10lbs pull.

Thanks!!!

So that video was on 8 lbs. It's just gonna be better bumped to 10 lbs. Nicely and tastefully done for sure. The passerby would never know what's under the hood, until they hear the turbos. Love your car. I hope Tim (Tim's Pony) has seen what you've done.

This vid was only 6lbs. of boost... Its going to be CRAZY on 10lbs:coolman:

Kiohtee

Established Member
If I had a 2015 Mustang GT, it'd look like that!

- Obama

atxjustice6r

Established Member
God it looks sexy cruising off at the end of the video! Proof those pics really just don't do the 15's any justice. It looks like so far, traction isn't an issue at all? Also, I think you're going to have a lot more fun with those 55mm's vs the 62mm's! Nice car buddy!

Kryckter

Established Member
is see more automatics and DCT's in mustangs in the future which is awesome!

If I had a 2015 Mustang GT, it'd look like that!

- Obama

Very clean. The turbo kit looks like it could have came stock! I love the wheels too

Awesome! Helps that it looks great too!

Thanks!!!

God it looks sexy cruising off at the end of the video! Proof those pics really just don't do the 15's any justice. It looks like so far, traction isn't an issue at all? Also, I think you're going to have a lot more fun with those 55mm's vs the 62mm's! Nice car buddy!

Traction is not an issue yet. The 305/35/20 ET Street Radials are doing very good, plus its been hot around. When I am getting low on gas and brake boost it, that can start to light them up...

Im guessing at 9-10 lbs. traction will become interesting

Users who are viewing this thread