2015 Mach1 FUGLY

RussianStang

Established Member
I was kind of pissed when I found out the new mustangs coming out only 2 years after the 13-14 models, but now that I seen a picture of what the front/side looks like im glad of what i have. I hate those lights and the front grill but thats just my opinion.
2015-ford-mustang-mach-1-rendering_1.jpg

cerebrix

Established Member
apparently you're new at the internet. welcome

thats an enthusiasts artists rendering of what we think it will look like. nobody knows for sure.

that said, no matter what, it will be based on the evos concept car from a few years ago as all new fords in the "one ford" world platform will be based on that concept car (the evos and the focus st both share design cues from it).

that said, retro styling is completely gone, thats one thing thats for sure.

the reason? nobody was buying them. especially not millennials, the target market for the car in the first place. the reason they werent buying it? they couldnt identify with grandpas car.

you have to understand, ford is a business. you cant expect them to pander to the minority with their halo car. that just doesnt make sense.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Op, look one thread down and notice how it says the reveal has been announced for Dec 5th. That means the public has not seen the final version of this car, let alone any special editions. What you posted is an awful rendering of the current gen car.

1hot281

Established Member
I was kind of pissed when I found out the new mustangs coming out only 2 years after the 13-14 models, but now that I seen a picture of what the front/side looks like im glad of what i have. I hate those lights and the front grill but thats just my opinion.

Why? The 13-14 years are not a new model Mustang. The S197 had a good run... from 05-14. The SN95 had a similar run, 94-04.

darreng505

Established Member
the reason? nobody was buying them. especially not millennials, the target market for the car in the first place. the reason they werent buying it? they couldnt identify with grandpas car.

That's not the reason at all. It has more to do with fuel efficiency, insurance (mustangs at the top of the risk list) and pressure from GM and others (with newer models). Have you seen the price of gas in recent years?

But in terms of grandpas mustang, Ford doesn't understand the meaning of "iconic" car.
Does anyone think Porsche 911's don't sell because they look 95% the same from the 60's? No. Porsche has remained true to an icon. Ford has not. That's called "selling out". Sure, Ford might spark some non-mustang people to buy one, at the expense of the rest of the mustang community.

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
That's not the reason at all. It has more to do with fuel efficiency, insurance (mustangs at the top of the risk list) and pressure from GM and others (with newer models). Have you seen the price of gas in recent years?

But in terms of grandpas mustang, Ford doesn't understand the meaning of "iconic" car.
Does anyone think Porsche 911's don't sell because they look 95% the same from the 60's? No. Porsche has remained true to an icon. Ford has not. That's called "selling out". Sure, Ford might spark some non-mustang people to buy one, at the expense of the rest of the mustang community.

You could argue the retro look cost them sales as the S197 only has had a fraction of the SN95's sales. As far as the gas debate the biggest seller has always been the V6 which should benefit from high gas prices as its got better mileage than some v6 sedans, and its not like the V8 crowd cares about mileage.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Horrible and innacurate comparison. The Mustang as scribble model has to be a volune seller as well as uphold it's performance heritage which Ford does on both ends. Ford is not a niche brand like Porsche, they are a volume brand. But on the other hand you say Porsche has upheld it's iconic status in the 911? That's because they "sold out" as you want to say with almost every other model they sell. They build quality vehicles all around but Porsche is essentially doing the same thing Ford is by selling vehicles that are "sell outs" compared to the icon that is Porsche. All brands that aren't completely exclusive have to sell vehicles. They can't afford to just be iconic or else that vehicle will cease to exist.

If you want an example of Ford being iconic then look to the GT. With less than a decade of production between two generations of cars they created a vehicle that is one of the most iconic vehicles ever made. Like it or not, the Mustang still falls in there also and still continues to revolutionize the industry.

darreng505

Established Member
Horrible and innacurate comparison.

No it isn't. Automobiles are "brands" and changing the way brands work doesn't always work. In this case, I'm claiming it won't work. The reasons Ford give are, to me, ridiculous. Let me break it down for you.

The Mustang is not this 'everyones' car'. It's a sporty, pony car and a muscle car. That's what it is. Putting traits on it to make it more 'european' or odd motor configurations like 4 cylinders, turbos and other things that don't typically belong on American cars is, to me, selling out. Catering to people who don't already 'get it'. If the market for Mustang shrinks, so be it. Do you see Nissan putting V8's and superchargers in their pathetic cars to make them more like muscle cars? no. Because its silly.

The Mustang as scribble model has to be a volune seller as well as uphold it's performance heritage which Ford does on both ends. Ford is not a niche brand like Porsche, they are a volume brand.

That statement makes no sense. Mustang has its niche. Porsche has theirs. Both want to sell volumes. And both do.

But on the other hand you say Porsche has upheld it's iconic status in the 911? That's because they "sold out" as you want to say with almost every other model they sell.

What? Lost me there. :??:

They build quality vehicles all around but Porsche is essentially doing the same thing Ford is by selling vehicles that are "sell outs" compared to the icon that is Porsche. All brands that aren't completely exclusive have to sell vehicles. They can't afford to just be iconic or else that vehicle will cease to exist.

Not to the 911, is my point. It stays what it is. Yes, different market than Mustang, but Porsche created different models rather than bastardizing their prize icon. Ford should do the same. That's not selling out. That's selling the right way.

If Ford wants to make a Fustang or a Eurostang, then make one. Just call it something else and don't ruin the brand.

If you want an example of Ford being iconic then look to the GT. With less than a decade of production between two generations of cars they created a vehicle that is one of the most iconic vehicles ever made. Like it or not, the Mustang still falls in there also and still continues to revolutionize the industry.

I am glad they didn't tarnish the GT, but Mustang is far more of a car icon than the GT will ever be. To us regular consumers.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
It could be the person seen the car (or is taking direction from someone who has) but they do not posses the photoshop skills to recreate it. It isn't bad... Just, not a Mustang...

Here is a color chop and a 3D render to give you an idea of what the 3/4 might look like (vs. the "Mustang" above).

1456746_672647942766974_1128818139_n.jpg
64442_672651826099919_92800217_n.jpg
1451419_672647312767037_1254448346_n.jpg
1472886_672647379433697_1194406125_n.jpg

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
It could be the person seen the car (or is taking direction from someone who has) but they do not posses the photoshop skills to recreate it. It isn't bad... Just, not a Mustang...

Here is a color chop and a 3D render to give you an idea of what the 3/4 might look like (vs. the "Mustang" above).

1456746_672647942766974_1128818139_n.jpg
1451419_672647312767037_1254448346_n.jpg
1472886_672647379433697_1194406125_n.jpg

God I hope not! it looks like a honda accord coupe :bash:

NametoShowOther

Established Member
Toyota minivan, Toyota pickup truck, Aston Martin, jaguar f type, honda accord, s197, Mazda something or other, ford fusion, Taurus, .... Are all things that people have claimed that the new mustang looks like.

So far I think most people are blind.

jes_csx

Established Member
Indeed. Some of the comments have me imagining people trying to put square pegs in round holes as children
I think it looks like a 2015 mustang. The real thing will look even more so.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I think the 2015 Mustang looks like the 2014 Mustang the most...

Give me something WORLD CLASS and spirited. Something useable, fun, fast and affordable.

Ford has recaptured the "Mustang" without becoming retro. I own a Retro-Era S197 and it is fun. A true car for the times...

While some may not be able to afford an S550 on top of their current Mustang's, I am looking forward to these... I have previously relieved my monthly car payments so I can afford two Hi-Po toys. Comparing the 2015 Mustang to anything other than a 2014 Mustang is ridiculous. Base model '14 vs. base model '15. Thank god because the Base model '14s were getting a bit soft.

front%20&%20driver%20side%20view%20640
1426410_672647779433657_1683713747_n.jpg

BUILD_8801F25B-1CBE-DFF4-F6BC-3420F6BC3420.png

1466272_672673962764372_469335822_n.jpg

Sorry fella's, unless you have a '65-68 GT350/GT500 or '13-'14 GT500, this is just a better looking Mustang. I am sold...

1476480_672646549433780_1385564962_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread