2015 Leather is Paper Thin

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I just noticed on my 2015 Premium that I have 2 little punctures in my seat already just from getting in and out with jeans on. You know how most jeans have little metal rivets on them? Well DONT wear them with this car. The leather is so pathetic that jeans will tear them up. 2 Years with my 2013 Mustang and I never had this issue, but the 2015 Leather is just a joke...

rivets.jpg

leather.jpg

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Ouch! It definitely needs to wear well. I was actually concerned about this with the nicer but, likely, less durable leather. That was my guess anyway. We'll see what they look like after a few years.

hand-filer

Established Member
Based on the white showing through at the puncture I'm thinking that's pleather we're looking at.

rrg9946

Established Member
I just noticed on my 2015 Premium that I have 2 little punctures in my seat already just from getting in and out with jeans on. You know how most jeans have little metal rivets on them? Well DONT wear them with this car. The leather is so pathetic that jeans will tear them up. 2 Years with my 2013 Mustang and I never had this issue, but the 2015 Leather is just a joke...

rivets.jpg

leather.jpg

I'm not trying to start an argument really I'm not. But how in the hell did you poke holes in the upper sides of the seats. It's not like that's where you sit....... So not so sure that's from this rounded edge rivet.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
It's from getting in and out and sliding out across the seat. Narrow parking garage means I have to slide out as I can only open the door so far.

Last edited:

vergil

Established Member
When he was getting out of the car I guess.

I'm not trying to start an argument really I'm not. But how in the hell did you poke holes in the upper sides of the seats. It's not like that's where you sit....... So not so sure that's from this rounded edge rivet.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Well i went in and made a claim but they said they dont think Ford will cover it. They said they've seen the same thing with brand new F150's and everything. They tell people they have to be careful with jeans. I must say, that's some pretty terrible quality.

Luckily I paid a little extra in the finance department for a ResistAll treatment and extended interior warranty coverage so I think that will cover it no matter what happened. I guess we'll see. I still think its pretty poor of Ford to use such thin materials.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I dont care for the Recaro's and loved the Leather seats. This past weekend a drove a cloth seat one and it actually held me in the seat better then the other ones. To bad they dont offer AC seats in cloth LOL

chancejat

Established Member
I dont care for the Recaro's and loved the Leather seats. This past weekend a drove a cloth seat one and it actually held me in the seat better then the other ones. To bad they dont offer AC seats in cloth LOL

when you have cloth you dont need the ac seats...theyre cooler in the summer and warmer inn the winter....i would rather have cloth but like all the other options with the premium....

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The leather on stock mustang seats is in the center of the seat top and bottom, the sides are cheap vinyl. Its why i replaced my vinyl/ leather seats with %100 katskin leather...I'm not surprised where those marks are!

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Well, its repaired and it does look much better. You dont really notice it unless the light hits it. The technician looked like James May except he was French and he took a lot of time and effort and even did a coating on the whole area to make the vinyl a little stronger. He was surprised to see it puncture so easily too. Anyway, I guess I have to throw away my jeans and find some without rivets...

imag0184.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread