2015 Leather is Paper Thin

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lol @ James May.

That's good they fixed it I guess. It does seem really weird that it would be that thin. I need to go out and check my car to see if it has any damage in that area, I carry my knife in that pocket and I know the clip has made contact with the seat. Mine are leather take offs that I installed from Roush out of a 400a car. They seemed plenty thick and were a MOFO to install.

Is your car a 400a or 401a? I though the 11-14 had different leather for them, might be the same for the s550.

FreddyG

Established Member
I dont care for the Recaro's and loved the Leather seats. This past weekend a drove a cloth seat one and it actually held me in the seat better then the other ones. To bad they dont offer AC seats in cloth LOL

The nice thing about the cloth though is that they don't get hot like leather does, so it's not really needed.

Can you put heaters in cloth seats without setting them on fire?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I absolutely hate the rivets they put on jeans. I've scratched up the steering wheel on basically every car I've had due to those stupid things. I know for a fact I had scratches on the FR500 wheel in my Cobra and the leather wheels in my BMW and WRX. Blows my mind that they can't find a better way to assemble jeans.

lsxjunkie

Established Member
I absolutely hate the rivets they put on jeans. I've scratched up the steering wheel on basically every car I've had due to those stupid things. I know for a fact I had scratches on the FR500 wheel in my Cobra and the leather wheels in my BMW and WRX. Blows my mind that they can't find a better way to assemble jeans.

They're entirely nonfunctional, which is the worst part. I have enough problems finding jeans that fit me right, and they all have stupid rivets in the pockets.

My 2014 400A Recaros and steering wheel are torn up from my jeans (and the fact that I'm a fatass).

MustangPhreak

I have the same problem with mine! Ford is fixing the driver's side seat but now the passenger side seat is starting to do the same thing! I have had many cars with leather and never had this issue. I am extremely irritated with this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread