2014 Mustang to have IRS

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
In my opinion, when the Mustang goes to a new platform it will be even bigger and heavier. My guess would be 3900-4000lbs+.

This is likely, however it would be nice to see Ford step up and make a weight of less than 3500 lbs a priority.

steeltoe

Established Member
The most reasonable idea is in that article. Have the Mustang and Falcon go the way of the Charger and Challenger share the same chasis. The IRS was going to happen at sometime.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I think it's hilarious people bitching about IRS.. yet there are Vipers in the 8's in the 1/4 mile with STOCK IRS.. and when you say that a car with a stick axle can handle, sure.. if your on a smooth track, or doing an auto cross in a parking lot (your axle dosn't have to worry about going over a rough road) now take your solid axle on a real world road, you know one that isn't as smooth as a baby's bottom, when it hits the rough parts, it's going to be all over the place and I'm sorry, that's just not the way to go fast..

Mean Green GT

Panama City Gang
Established Member
I think it's hilarious people bitching about IRS.. yet there are Vipers in the 8's in the 1/4 mile with STOCK IRS.. and when you say that a car with a stick axle can handle, sure.. if your on a smooth track, or doing an auto cross in a parking lot (your axle dosn't have to worry about going over a rough road) now take your solid axle on a real world road, you know one that isn't as smooth as a baby's bottom, when it hits the rough parts, it's going to be all over the place and I'm sorry, that's just not the way to go fast..

Yeah well the workmanship on a viper IRS is a little better than the termi plus only old people that drive vettes and vipers want them. How many people auto cross compared to drag race?? STA is way better to drag race on even on the street. The have differant suspention mods to help you keep the the car in line..

Last edited:

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
only if your stupid.. the IRS is one of the major reasons why the Terminator is popular.. for me, I'd never have bought one without IRS..

You think the terminator is popular because of the IRS? I think it was the terminator that made people realize the IRS is about as worthless as president obama.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I wouldn't want a Terminator with an SRA swap, I think that the IRS is a big part of what makes a Terminator, a Terminator. With that said, I also don't particularly want the IRS in a new mustang, either.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
that is a terrible article, no where does it say anything about a conformation that there will be an IRS, pure speculation = worthless news

also no where but the title said the mustang was getting an IRS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread