2014 Mustang to have IRS

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
the entire S197 chassis should have had IRS to begin with.

however it does do very well with its archaic stick axle. Hope that the 2014 wait (if even true) will be warranted due to limiting costs incurred and final MSRP.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I like the sound of the Euro Snob option. The Mustang is due for a shrinkage, just look at its history: 1964 - small. 1971 - big. 1974 - small. 2005 - big. 2014 - small? It's like the last 10 years of Kirstie Alley.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
:bs::bs::bs:

and

do-not-want.jpg

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
so take a heavy ass car and make it even heavier just to make it handle marginally better at best. Face facts, Ford sucks at the IRS game. They can make a 4 link rear handle better then most IRS's out there. Ford has the solid axle game figured out. 19Cobra93's Twin turbo car with a solid axle and torque arm suspension handled better in the autocross than any car i have ever been in my entire life. Not to mention he could cut some low 60's. There is a reason there isnt a IRS in the GT500...because it sucks! Leave the IRS for the Yuppie Corvette and Bumble Bee Camaro lovers. Stop hoping on the if its not a IRS it cant turn bandwagon and face facts broski.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I like the sound of the Euro Snob option. The Mustang is due for a shrinkage, just look at its history: 1964 - small. 1971 - big. 1974 - small. 2005 - big. 2014 - small? It's like the last 10 years of Kirstie Alley.

In my opinion, when the Mustang goes to a new platform it will be even bigger and heavier. My guess would be 3900-4000lbs+.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
No, most people could honestly care less.

Correct!

However there is at least one company that can create 1.55 peak g's off of good street tires in the mustang gt. Which is exactly what motor trend got from the new ZR1 in a recent road course test. It is also better than that of a audi R8.

Mustang gt out handling a R8 with a stick axle, who would have guessed.....:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread