2014 Coyote Rods

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Not sure why this is still going.

I spoke with my guy, and he informed me that the part #'s are for the GT/F150. He confirmed two different part #'s for the Boss and '11-'14 GT/F150.

He could be wrong I suppose, but he is our OEM Supplier at BMR.

I even had him run the VIN on the newest/latest build '14 GT on his lot, and the rod # in the build matched a 2012 GT part #.

so they are forged like the boss and GT500? :lol1:

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I simply stated a Ford employee informed me of two different part #'s for 5.0 coyote rods. One for the Boss and the other for the rest. One was discontinued in 2012. If anyone has an issue with this thread then stop looking at it, that simple...

trevnut

Established Member
I was told if you have the dg397ab stamp under the plug cover (driver side) it comes with forged rods just like the boss... But I can not find any facts to this. I do plan on getting a new 2014 in a few months, I may pop the oil pan off and take a look.

My 14's engine code is EG 398 AA

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Close but not quite. Most but not all Boss parts are CR3Z prefix. GT would be BR3Z. And Escape (gimme a break, thought about it since I have Escape parts on my toolbox right now) is AL8Z, just for example.

Pretty sure I got it right this time...:shrug:

The new prefixes are based on model year, A=2010, B=2011, C=2012 The next 2 digits indicate primary model, R3=Mustnag, L8=Escape, R2=Falcon. The Z indicates a service part for a Ford vehicle, Y is for Lincoln Mercury generally. This is for the part numbers, not the engineering numbers that are stamped or etched into the parts. The model year thing is not exact either, a lot of the 05 Mustang parts start with 4R3Z which should be for 2004. Remember the 10th digit of the VIN is the model year so 2001-2009 were 1-9 and in 2010 they went back to letters.

daustin

Established Member
The build code is under the driver side cover on the motor. The build date is on your window sticker. You can also find it on one of the stickers on the driver door.

Thanks. I know the sticker on the door shows 12/13 and the window sticker shows 11/27/13. I'm assuming the difference is that the process began 11/27 and the car was completed in 12/13.

What is the significance of the build code on the engine?

Users who are viewing this thread