2014 Coyote Rods

BMR Tech

The Boss rods have a physical difference, you just have to know what you are looking at.

On the body/straight of the Rod....the Boss rod has a much thicker support system.

The edges/supports of the "I" are more than double the thickness.

That is about the only way to tell the difference.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The Boss rods have a physical difference, you just have to know what you are looking at.

On the body/straight of the Rod....the Boss rod has a much thicker support system.

The edges/supports of the "I" are more than double the thickness.

That is about the only way to tell the difference.

any word yet from your guy?

Riptide

Established Member
Already have. Feel free to prove me wrong.
K

CGrPPlj.jpg

D98GT

Established Member
Krace, the answer has already been supplied in this thread that said that's not true unless I read it wrong?

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I just ran my VIN, my car has a build date of 20-mar-2013, the part number for the conrod is BR3Z-6200-A. A friend of mine that has a 2012 Laguna Seca, the conrod part number for his engine is CR3Z-6200-A. I don't see a listing for the BOSS rods on a 2014 application yet.

Badlilstang

Established Member
I just ran my VIN, my car has a build date of 20-mar-2013, the part number for the conrod is BR3Z-6200-A. A friend of mine that has a 2012 Laguna Seca, the conrod part number for his engine is CR3Z-6200-A. I don't see a listing for the BOSS rods on a 2014 application yet.

So.. BR (Boss Rod)? CR... (Crap Rods)? :banana:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Nope, other way around. Using Ford's new prefix system, BR3Z prefix is for a 2011 Mustang 2011=B R3=Mustang. CR3Z is a 2012 Mustang 2012=C.

Close but not quite. Most but not all Boss parts are CR3Z prefix. GT would be BR3Z. And Escape (gimme a break, thought about it since I have Escape parts on my toolbox right now) is AL8Z, just for example.

Pretty sure I got it right this time...:shrug:

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Someone can give Steve who is now at Tasca a call and ask him what connecting rod part numbers are available. I'm fairly certain the regular GT rod part # was dropped in late 2012.

BMR Tech

Not sure why this is still going.

I spoke with my guy, and he informed me that the part #'s are for the GT/F150. He confirmed two different part #'s for the Boss and '11-'14 GT/F150.

He could be wrong I suppose, but he is our OEM Supplier at BMR.

I even had him run the VIN on the newest/latest build '14 GT on his lot, and the rod # in the build matched a 2012 GT part #.

Users who are viewing this thread