2013 Paxton 5.0 vs Challenger Hellcat

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Cool review here guys. http://youtu.be/O7sxXEjeWWM

Figure 8 times were very close. That last race was pretty stupid imo. It proved nothing. Neither car could go WOT and there were no tight turns.

I know its off topic but if i start a hellcat thread for that i know ill get flamed hard. Lmao

Last edited:

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Cool review here guys. http://youtu.be/O7sxXEjeWWM

Figure 8 times were very close. That last race was pretty stupid imo. It proved nothing. Neither car could go WOT and there were no tight turns.

I know its off topic but if i start a hellcat thread for that i know ill get flamed hard. Lmao

A Head to Head without Randy Pobst is just a waste of time.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
White one is for a friend of mine. Old school racer. Had an outlaw Fox. Also has a new SRT Jeep and an 09 SRT Challenger thats fully built. Aluminum 46x, BIG KB, Turbo Trans, Ford 9". Getting the bugs worked out by Brent @ DTP. Shooting for 8 sec full interior car. You wont catch him street racing though. Im waiting on the call to go bring the white car to NPR.

Do you know the guy that was at SCR last weekend?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Because the SRT8's were a lot more money for equal performance of the 5.0's. Wasn't worth it to most people. Now the Hellcat is up there in money with the GT500 and ZL1 with better performance. Makes it worth it now.

Couldn't have said it better myself. 5.0 is a performance bargain, just like the original 85-93 5.0's. If the GT500 was still being produced, it would be a tough sell for Ford against the Hellcat.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Probably not. Its rare anyone i know goes to SCR. Always NPR, Gulfport, or Hattiesburg. Hell ive only been to SCR twice. I liked it but its such a long drive.

Don't know why anyone would waste their time at Gulfport and Hattiesburg should be renamed Hoodratburg. I don't need 50 people around my car when I do a burnout. I only run at NPR or SCR if looking to run a good number.

clean92lx

Established Member
Why do people say this? You have a 5.0, the 392 is just as fast or faster stock vs stock, bolt on vs bolt on, and blown vs blown. I don't get it.
Yes in a lot of cases they are close but edge to the 5.0. I personally pulled a 392 back when my car was 100% bone stock.
I agree, but I see 5.0 guys saying it like they were cross shopping the two. The SRT8 was in a weird spot, it was a little more than a 5.0 but a little less than the ZL1/GT500 pricewise. The Hellcats price firmly puts it in the bracket with the GT500/ZL1.
Please show me where I said anything about shopping for a 392 lol

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
Found my old "road kill" thread from way back in 2013.

"First of all Im sorry but as I was riding solo there was no way I could get it on video. So last night I went to the local meet/street racing scene. When I got there I spotted a 392 Charger so I parked next to him and and told him Ive been wanting race one of these for a while now, asked him if he wanted to run and he said "we can but I've raced a few of those 5.0's and I alway win" I tell him yea but I want to see how I would do. So my 13' GT/CS 100% bone stock his stock 392 automatic another full bolt on 5.0 and a SS camaro with atleast exhaust pull out for some friendly runs.

First run: 40 roll second gear, three honks and were off. we roll out dead even and I can hear his car shift gears while Im still in mid second gear and I pull half a car, I slam third gear and pull another half car and hold a full car all the way to 110.

Second run: 20 roll first gear, three honks I pull out a whole car and keep it to 110

Third run: 40 roll second gear, three honks and Im late on the hit he pulls out a car and I cant catch him."

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Yes in a lot of cases they are close but edge to the 5.0. I personally pulled a 392 back when my car was 100% bone stock.

Please show me where I said anything about shopping for a 392 lol

"I've seen 5.0 guys say this like they were cross shopping the two" Not sure where I said you were.

Troponin

Established Member
You guys set up these races and no one talks to or looks at the other persons car?

A lot of guys don't want you looking. IMO, in most of these cases, someone is being deceptive in order to look better than they would have otherwise, or there is money on the line and obviously they want an edge

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Found my old "road kill" thread from way back in 2013.

"First of all Im sorry but as I was riding solo there was no way I could get it on video. So last night I went to the local meet/street racing scene. When I got there I spotted a 392 Charger so I parked next to him and and told him Ive been wanting race one of these for a while now, asked him if he wanted to run and he said "we can but I've raced a few of those 5.0's and I alway win" I tell him yea but I want to see how I would do. So my 13' GT/CS 100% bone stock his stock 392 automatic another full bolt on 5.0 and a SS camaro with atleast exhaust pull out for some friendly runs.

First run: 40 roll second gear, three honks and were off. we roll out dead even and I can hear his car shift gears while Im still in mid second gear and I pull half a car, I slam third gear and pull another half car and hold a full car all the way to 110.

Second run: 20 roll first gear, three honks I pull out a whole car and keep it to 110

Third run: 40 roll second gear, three honks and Im late on the hit he pulls out a car and I cant catch him."
One race doesn't mean anything it's still 392>5.0 stock for stock. The 5.0 wins when it comes to best bang for your buck depending on what ur looking for but also 5.0's don't hold their value for shit so u can get a used one for dirt cheap

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
A lot of guys don't want you looking. IMO, in most of these cases, someone is being deceptive in order to look better than they would have otherwise, or there is money on the line and obviously they want an edge

interesting. On a stock car you can't pop the hood?

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
And if he walks you, then we need to really question the validity of "stock".

How so? We know stock vipers trap up to 134mph. We've seen C7Z's beat them and the other way around. We've seen the hellcat walk the C7Z.

IIRC he said his 5.0 traps 132. He could still pull him. Now if he freight trains him that's another story. This hell cat has been all over houston area meets for the last few weeks with both its hood and trunk popped.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member

If they asked the owner to open the hood and he said no that is almost an admission of guilt. But it seems that is not what happened here. They took pictures together in a parking lot. I know it violates the racing etiquette there but I would be checking that car out like it was on display at the autoshow lol.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
How so? We know stock vipers trap up to 134mph. We've seen C7Z's beat them and the other way around. We've seen the hellcat walk the C7Z.

IIRC he said his 5.0 traps 132. He could still pull him. Now if he freight trains him that's another story. This hell cat has been all over houston area meets for the last few weeks with both its hood and trunk popped.

Everybody remain calm....... If the Hellcat wins which I suspect it will, then we'll have something to really talk about. I don't see how a stock Hellcat which everyone except the magical S.Texas has run mid 120's pull a car that traps over 130. Maybe we'll need a few more to go the track.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread