2013 Paxton 5.0 vs Challenger Hellcat

jleews6

Established Member
For what you're getting its absolutely not a lot of coin. Just because you or anyone else cant afford one doesnt make it a lot of coin. I currently dont have the money to go buy one but make no mistake i dont think the car is expensive.

Got damn suv and pickups cost more these days. Im in the process of buying my first home and about to pay off both of my current cars. In a year or so id love to pick up a Charger Hellcat or a lightly used one if its worth going that route. Its all about priorities. Getting one now would be stupid. Hoping it will be a smarter move in the near future.

I can list a turd of mine of ebay for $100k. Doesnt mean thats what its worth. Dodge says the car is worth $59,995. I wont be paying a penny over msrp. I'll buy a used blown 5.Bro for $30k before i do.

As much as I love all these new cars I also think that they are way to much money. Maybe Im getting cheap in my old age but 60 grand for a Camaro,Mustang or Challenger just seems crazy to me. I have a friend that has a new Shelby that he pays almost $1000 a month for. Thats half my mortgage and I couldnt imagine paying half my mortgage for a car that will be worth less then half that in 5 years.
All that being said...Damn I would love to have a new Hellcat.:lol:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
As much as I love all these new cars I also think that they are way to much money. Maybe Im getting cheap in my old age but 60 grand for a Camaro,Mustang or Challenger just seems crazy to me. I have a friend that has a new Shelby that he pays almost $1000 a month for. Thats half my mortgage and I couldnt imagine paying half my mortgage for a car that will be worth less then half that in 5 years.
All that being said...Damn I would love to have a new Hellcat.:lol:

$1000 is HALF your mortgage?!?! Jesus. The mortgage i just got approved for is $900. Thats with insurance included. Im thinking the hellcat would cost me around 7-900 a month and was ok with that. Up until i read what you just wrote. Maybe my priorities are ****ed up. Lmao

cb900f

Established Member
So... Fatt-Catt. You going to come out any play some more and give a shot to some of the auto guys?:burnout:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I thought bikes suck from a roll. Thats what i always see. They're super through the first couple of gears but anything well into the triple digits and they start losing their steam.

You can see it here. Bike come shooting from behind and then losing its momentum right before they shut down.

Most 600's will struggle to hit 130 mph in the 1/4 stock. 125-128 is much more the norm. That said, their 1/4 trap speed isn't a good indicator of how they will run from the right speed. From 40-130 they are very nasty, but will die off after that the higher they go. A good indicator of this is their 1/8 mile trap. They might trap the same as a car in the 1/4, but out trap it 3-4 mph in the 1/8.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Most 600's will struggle to hit 130 mph in the 1/4 stock. 125-128 is much more the norm. That said, their 1/4 trap speed isn't a good indicator of how they will run from the right speed. From 40-130 they are very nasty, but will die off after that the higher they go. A good indicator of this is their 1/8 mile trap. They might trap the same as a car in the 1/4, but out trap it 3-4 mph in the 1/8.

Ahh i see. Thanks

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I'm down for hell kitty fun before he gets modded. Probably won't have a chance then. Hell, probably don't have a chance now.

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
PD vs centri. Seems to be the case more often than not.

Hellcat's are hurting a lot of feelings. Hell Dodge seems to be hurting a lot of feelings lately...

jasonc32amg

Established Member
I paid @ $27k for my '13 5.0. If throwing my D1 on let's me stay that close to a $70k muscle car I think it's standing up well. Here's the cheapest hellcat on ebay right now.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^that's a Charger, possibly one of the first to be released. The Challengers are selling for msrp, low to mid 60's.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Agreed. I think the hellcat is badass. I've always liked the looks of srt8 challengers but wouldn't ever buy one because the performance wasn't there...until now

Why do people say this? You have a 5.0, the 392 is just as fast or faster stock vs stock, bolt on vs bolt on, and blown vs blown. I don't get it.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Why do people say this? You have a 5.0, the 392 is just as fast or faster stock vs stock, bolt on vs bolt on, and blown vs blown. I don't get it.

Because the SRT8's were a lot more money for equal performance of the 5.0's. Wasn't worth it to most people. Now the Hellcat is up there in money with the GT500 and ZL1 with better performance. Makes it worth it now.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Because the SRT8's were a lot more money for equal performance of the 5.0's. Wasn't worth it to most people. Now the Hellcat is up there in money with the GT500 and ZL1 with better performance. Makes it worth it now.

I agree, but I see 5.0 guys saying it like they were cross shopping the two. The SRT8 was in a weird spot, it was a little more than a 5.0 but a little less than the ZL1/GT500 pricewise. The Hellcats price firmly puts it in the bracket with the GT500/ZL1.

92fiveohfox

Established Member

Based on what I've seen the blown 392s dont run nearly as well as a blown 5.0. I could be wrong but just my experience at the track.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I agree, but I see 5.0 guys saying it like they were cross shopping the two. The SRT8 was in a weird spot, it was a little more than a 5.0 but a little less than the ZL1/GT500 pricewise. The Hellcats price firmly puts it in the bracket with the GT500/ZL1.

Yeah I see your point. If you're willing to spend the money why would you drop down to the 5.0 vs getting a GT500 in the first place?

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
The scat pack changes all that. It's actually cheaper than an optioned out 5.0. I think C&D just got an 12.6@114 out of one.

Im really shocked dodge is still selling a SRT 392. Who in the world would buy that? Either spend less and get the same performance out of a scat pack or spend a little more and get the monster hellcat. I think they should have only one SRT. Do away with the 392.

I will say blown vs blown the 5.Bro's run harder but thats also due to 8psi being the absolute max you can run SAFELY on those crap pistons in the 392's. Most kits come with 5-6psi pulley configurations. A 392 running 12+ psi would trap 130+ i believe as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread