2013 Mustang Production extended.

NEBSTA

STANG NZ
Established Member
Congrats. That's awesome news. I also got a build day of 29th Oct and VIN the same day...after placing order back in May! Sure feels good to finally know it will come down the asembly line soon...just a bit of a wait to get it shipped all the way down here to New Zealand, but maybe before Xmas...what a great present it would be!

reason4treason

Established Member
I HAVE A SCHEDULED BUILD DATE OF OCT 29th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ETA OF NOV 4 and MY VIN NUMBER.
I called SVT, who confirmed all the info and off the record, he said, the ETA could be as much as 4 weeks from the schedule build. Very nice person to speak with, as all the SVT people that I have dealt with.
I was unable to get a window sticker as the site stated the number was not recognized, but that is a minor detail when you get the call. Ford must be really humping, I figured I was on the border of getting a 13 or 14. I am a very HAPPY PERSON.

awesome!

railroad

Established Member
Thanks for the support. I was really trying to not get beat up waiting on the toy, and it all seems to have come together. I know you guys feel the same. I cannot imagine, but it must be great getting one so far away NZ. It boggles my mind to think of coordinating all of the shipping, but I am sure you have a handle on it.

HansHeinen

SHELBYS ARE ME
Established Member
Congrats Guys! My blend/build date is the 24th! Delivery to dealer is Oct 30 but please! No way it will be that soon. I hope at least before Nov15

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I HAVE A SCHEDULED BUILD DATE OF OCT 29th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ETA OF NOV 4 and MY VIN NUMBER.
I called SVT, who confirmed all the info and off the record, he said, the ETA could be as much as 4 weeks from the schedule build.

So Nov 4th isn't necessarily your ETA then?

USV8PWR

Established Member
My blend date was 9/28 with an ETA of 10/5. My car is still in area 51..........:nonono:

I don't know how you do it man, but one thing is for sure. As soon as you do get that slow to get scheduled, built, and delivered car finally you had better take it to the track. Because with any luck, you'll probably have the fastest 13 GT500 Stang around. It'll probably the first and only totally stock one to dip into the 10's!! LOL!

Mine has been sitting in Area 51 now for just over it's first week. 18+ weeks since ordering for me and counting. No where close to your wait but still pretty ridiculous nonetheless. Especially when so many others on here have waited less than 10 weeks for their ride.

railroad

Established Member
My blend date was 9/28 with an ETA of 10/5. My car is still in area 51..........:nonono:
That is tuff. I guess they must fill the hauler to Mizzou area, before it leaves. I think mine will go though Atlanta, if it is rail and then truck to North Alabama. I actually had a saleman from some dealership I had called while shopping, call me and tell me he saw one on a hauler headed to North Alabama. He did not even get the sale and kept my name and number, gave me a call, telling me what color etc about the car he saw and we jawed about the car. There are some salesman that are enthusiast. For what it is worth, it was a red convertible. I hope it was a customers car and someone is happy today.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

That blows. There seems to be a lot of us on here who have been given Oct 29th build weeks so if your delay was simply due to unfilled rail car space then perhaps it will be filled up soon. Even so, I would hope it would be shipped off before ours. Good luck Wal.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I was given an update today. The plant will be closed Thanksgiving week. Will reopen for two weeks, and then close dec 10th until Jan 2nd.

Snoopy49

Established Member
That would explain the two Nov 26th build dates and the Dec 3rd build date that I have read about.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I feel your pain, I have been waiting since May and the staus is still unscheduled.
Your the third person that has a Nov 26th build date.

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I feel your pain, I have been waiting since May and the staus is still unscheduled.
If that was my situation I'd assume I don't have an allocation and I'd have looked to another dealership. Something's wrong with your order I think.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It is suppose to be the next one pulled, whatever that means.

As far as your situation, I wonder if the other people with Oct 29th build dates have had theirs rescheduled to the Nov 26th.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
My buddy just got his pushed back a month too. I am looking into it. Was yours a vert by chance?

There is definitely something going on. I have found 6 orders so far that got pushed back from next week to Nov 29th. It is not unusual to have an order pushed back a week, but it is very unusual to have a string of them pushed back for a month. I hope to have an explanation next week.

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
It is suppose to be the next one pulled, whatever that means.

As far as your situation, I wonder if the other people with Oct 29th build dates have had theirs rescheduled to the Nov 26th.

Yeah, there were quite a few of us who were quoted Oct 29th on here if I recall correctly. Hopefully they don't get screwed out of their sales tax deduction like I did.

Photonut

Established Member
Thanks, Iceman for the regular updates, really helpful to those of us in the dark about our orders. I just got a Nov 26th build date as well, which was surprising until I read your update. Excited to have a build date finally, either way!

And yes, my order is a convertible. Maybe there's an advantage in stacking the verts together, or perhaps there's extra lead time on parts? Just speculating.

-Photonut

(Hope they aren't hung over from Thanksgiving weekend)

Users who are viewing this thread