2013 Mustang Production extended.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Just spoke to plant manager at Flat Rock today. Ford just made a decision yesterday to extend 2013 production until January 30th, due to plant closures at the end of this year. Orders will be accepted through November.

Last edited:

cclark

Established Member
Thanks for the news and heads up man! Quick question tho, does that mean the 14s will start to be built late feb. early march?? And when will the 14s be released and hit the dealerships?

willfong

Established Member
Hey Iceman,

A little off topic but since you know the plant manager, have you asked him/her if they have heard about the apparent possibility of 2013 GT500's having bad clutches or a batch of bad clutches?

railroad

Established Member
Thanks for the news and heads up man! Quick question tho, does that mean the 14s will start to be built late feb. early march?? And when will the 14s be released and hit the dealerships?

And what will the weather be on the second day of the 14's production, will the wind be out of the south or south west, do you think the stock market will be up

I just could not help it.

WAL

Established Member
Just spoke to plant manager at Flat Rock today. Ford just made a decision yesterday to extend 2013 production until February 28th, due to plant closures at the end of this year. Orders will be accepted through November.

Thanks Iceman. You've got an excellent source for good info. The helpful updates over the last 4 or 5 months have been very much appreciated . :beer:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
That's great news. I wonder if my 9/7 order will be able to squeak in before the holidays, or if I'm going to be picking this thing up in the middle of a snow storm (not that Arkansas really ever has much of a snow storm...but still!). lol

daytripper

Established Member
Iceman,
How about doing me a small favor ? Can you ask the plant manager to build my car next week ? I'd be very grateful .
Thnx,
JIM

steve52sbd

That's great news. I wonder if my 9/7 order will be able to squeak in before the holidays, or if I'm going to be picking this thing up in the middle of a snow storm (not that Arkansas really ever has much of a snow storm...but still!). lol

Lethalchem- How are the dealers in the Little Rock area? Did you have a hard time finding a dealer willing to work with you? I don't want to pay an ADM. My deal in Oklahoma might be falling through and I'm moving to LR tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any help.

GSStage2

Established Member
I would also like to put a request in to have my car built next week, I would be happy with the week after that too if next week is booked.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Iceman,
While your at it , ask the plant manager to throw in a set of heated Recaro's with my order. That should make up for the frustration factor.:beer:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
There will be a 2014 GT500. I guarantee it. BUT 2014 will be the lowest production GT500 MY.

Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Thanks for the info Brother! This production extension was a huge sigh of relief for me. I ordered mine back on June 13 and still have not received a build date. My dealer is very small and only got one allocation, which I obtained. Their Rep has been pretty much unhelpful in providing any information. Anyway, about a week ago I was thinking, after reading all the threads, that I may never get a 13 and instead get a 14. Which I wouldn't be too cool about. But it looks like as long as you have an allocation Ford will build your 13 Shelby GT500.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Lethalchem- How are the dealers in the Little Rock area? Did you have a hard time finding a dealer willing to work with you? I don't want to pay an ADM. My deal in Oklahoma might be falling through and I'm moving to LR tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any help.

I've seen 2 sitting on 2 different lots, and I've heard about a 3rd that is about 45min away, but haven't seen it in person. The dealership I ordered from has a red with white stripe in LR, the NLR (north little rock) dealer has a black with red stripe. I think the one I haven't seen is white, but not sure. I didn't take any off the lot because I didn't want a fully loaded PP/TP car ( I like the standard wheel better) plus I wanted the glass roof. All these cars have ADM's. The guys seem to be willing to come down on the ADM, but I don't know if you can get them to remove it completely.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Thanks for the info Brother! This production extension was a huge sigh of relief for me. I ordered mine back on June 13 and still have not received a build date. My dealer is very small and only got one allocation, which I obtained. Their Rep has been pretty much unhelpful in providing any information. Anyway, about a week ago I was thinking, after reading all the threads, that I may never get a 13 and instead get a 14. Which I wouldn't be too cool about. But it looks like as long as you have an allocation Ford will build your 13 Shelby GT500.

I'm with you, I don't want a '14, I want the '13.

drmustang

Banned
Just spoke to plant manager at Flat Rock today. Ford just made a decision yesterday to extend 2013 production until February 28th, due to plant closures at the end of this year. Orders will be accepted through November.

That information actually makes good sense and is very much the reverse of what many of the resident internet experts have predicted. They are quite silent at this point, probably busy revising all of their estimates. LOL.

farmboy90

Established Member
I am not sure how this changes anything we already knew. Does it matter when the production run ends? It seems it only matters if they intend to build all the orders they receive. And those are ending in November (as they always have been).

Or are you saying that this now gives Ford more time to build more orders they would otherwise have been unable to build?

By the way, what was the original production end date?

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
I am not sure how this changes anything we already knew. Does it matter when the production run ends? It seems it only matters if they intend to build all the orders they receive. And those are ending in November (as they always have been).

Or are you saying that this now gives Ford more time to build more orders they would otherwise have been unable to build?

By the way, what was the original production end date?

Take your pick Dude, there are more predictions on here than one can really remember. Doesn't really matter as they will likely build what is a reasonable number and what will clear the market without huge incentives at the model year closeout. Last post I remember in this regard was a tale about "massive" alocation cutbacks! Nothing more than nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread