2013 Mustang Production extended.

Hourigan218

Established Member
The 5.0 twin turbo could be and I'm not saying it is but it could be the next shelby and will probably be in very limited numbers due to the CAFE coming up. Everyone knows the 5.4's and the 5.8's will be gone. So more than likely be replaced with the 5.0 for SVT cars and the gt model will probably run with the 3.7 v6 in an tuned up ecoboost. As it is the v6 when supercharged will give you bout 450-475 and still have great fuel economy. JMHO

drmustang

Banned
The 5.0 twin turbo could be and I'm not saying it is but it could be the next shelby and will probably be in very limited numbers due to the CAFE coming up. Everyone knows the 5.4's and the 5.8's will be gone. So more than likely be replaced with the 5.0 for SVT cars and the gt model will probably run with the 3.7 v6 in an tuned up ecoboost. As it is the v6 when supercharged will give you bout 450-475 and still have great fuel economy. JMHO

Understand that the term "limited" is very often used erroneously in regards to the GT500. There are enthusiasts who still after many model years believe that there are fewer GT500s built than could be sold. This misconception is perpetuated by car salesman, current owners clinging to the myth of their purchase constituting an investment, and rabid Mustang fans who swallow every srap of hype they find on the internet.

The fact of the entire matter is that the "limit" is how many units can actually clear the market. These cars have gotten very pricey, easily in excess of 60 grand with out the door numbers at or in excess of 70 large. Cost alone will do more than enough limiting.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

The rumors from Ford have been swirling that the next Cobra will be an ecoboost 5.0...and the car will go on a major diet, more aluminum, more carbon fiber.

Expect the new "cobra" do be in the 3300-3700lb range... Have an IRS and be an ecoboost car.

This has been talked about for almost a year now..

Edit: I do think that mustang purists might not like this car- as it will be quite different. But that's ok- ford wants to lure more shoppers away from other brands. I do expect with all the new
Tech and r&d the price will go up...again

Last edited:

Colleton

Established Member
While I love the current Mustang, I am really looking forward to the next version. It's time for a change and the Mustang needs to evolve. I can't wait to see one.

My biggest concern is pricing. The Mustang survived for 50 years because it was affordable and sporty. I'm afraid it will end up being priced out of the range of the younger people that we need to be bringing into the fold to keep the Mustang relevant.

Hourigan218

Established Member
The term "LIMITED" was not meant to say that there will be less made due to being an exclusive car but rather due to mpg on the car because of the new regulations.

drmustang

Banned
The term "LIMITED" was not meant to say that there will be less made due to being an exclusive car but rather due to mpg on the car because of the new regulations.

If price escalation continues at its current rate the next SVT Mustang will base around 60 grand or more, crazy but its at 55K now. The manufacturerer does not need to restrict the production. No exogenous limitations need to be introduced at that point. PRICE alone will do all the limiting and more.

Lets face it, these cars begin life as pedestrian, V6 units that populate rental car fleets. How much can there stickers be jacked until they lose market place viability.

Users who are viewing this thread